+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 109 of 301 FirstFirst ... 95999107108109110111119159209 ... LastLast
Results 1,081 to 1,090 of 3002

Thread: The Corona Virus

Sounds bonkers to me.

Quote Originally Posted by oldcolner View Post
    As Digard puts it: “Masks work, but they are not infallible. And, therefore, keep your distance.”
    I don't understand, they work but they're not infallible ? Do they work or don't they ? No problem for me anyway, I take that last piece of advice very seriously, I keep my distance, I will not go within 6 feet of anyone with a portable virus carrier hanging off the end of their nose. I feel safer that way.

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    I don't understand, they work but they're not infallible ? Do they work or don't they ? No problem for me anyway, I take that last piece of advice very seriously, I keep my distance, I will not go within 6 feet of anyone with a portable virus carrier hanging off the end of their nose. I feel safer that way.
    The child bride gave me a proper *******ing this morning. She said I'd had that "dirty rag" in my pocket for 5 weeks now and it had never been washed. I told her not to worry, I'm never going to wear it. I'm medically exempt you know.

Think he’s only saying they are not 100% effective. You need an enclosed spacesuit for infallibility.

Ever wondered Sinkov if they don’t work satisfactorily, why all theatre staff and nursing staff on COVID wards have to wear them? Is there no evidence of benefit for them.
    It’s risk reduction not elimination, unless you let your mask become contaminated. I only wear mine in congested areas and in shops.
    I assume you don’t do that.

There is an important point though.

For them to be effective we have to use them properly, and no one is giving us any info on this.

I see loads of people wearing them over their mouth but not their nose for instance.

Is it safe to use them again once they have been washed?

How long can we wear them before we either chuck them or wash them?

Surely this should be part of the hands-face-space public service information that must be costing a fortune?

Quote Originally Posted by 1959_60 View Post

For them to be effective we have to use them properly, and no one is giving us any info on this.

I see loads of people wearing them over their mouth but not their nose for instance.

Surely this should be part of the hands-face-space public service information that must be costing a fortune?
    There’s recent new Government Guidance on Masks 59 It’s not short or easily memorable but you don’t need to wear one if giving a sermon!

https://www.gov.uk/government/public...-make-your-own

It includes this section

Maintaining and disposing of face coverings

Do not touch the front of the face covering, or the part of the face covering that has been in contact with your mouth and nose.

Once removed, store reusable face coverings in a plastic bag until you have an opportunity to wash them. If the face covering is single use, dispose of it in a residual waste bin. Do not put them in a recycling bin.

Make sure you clean any surfaces the face covering has touched using normal household cleaning products. If eating in a cafe, for example, it is important that you do not place the face covering on the table.

Wash your face covering regularly and follow the washing instructions for the fabric. You can use your normal detergent. You can wash and dry it with other laundry. You must throw away your face covering if it is damaged.

The government has also published guidance on the safe disposal of waste for the public and businesses.
    Last edited by oldcolner; 19-11-2020 at 12:36 AM.

Ever wondered Sinkov if they don’t work satisfactorily, why all theatre staff and nursing staff on COVID wards have to wear them? Is there no evidence of benefit for them.

It’s risk reduction not elimination, unless you let your mask become contaminated. I only wear mine in congested areas and in shops.
    I assume you don’t do that.
    Hospital staff wear surgical masks and they use them correctly, wash hands before putting one on, do not touch it while wearing it, wash hands after wearing and disposing of it. If you don't carry out this procedure, and 99.9% of the general public don't, then they will become contaminated and you are more likely to be spreading the virus than someone not wearing one.

I wear one where I am required by law to wear one, otherwise I don't wear one.

Quote Originally Posted by 1959_60 View Post

Guidance on how to wear them correctly has been in the public domain since before the first lockdown ended 59, it's been discussed on here and I know I have on more than one occasion explained how they should be worn according to government advice. I can remember pointing out the absolute futility of expecting the public to wash their hands before putting one on, then not touching it, and washing their hands after removing it. It just isn't going to happen, it's not even remotely likely, so what we have is a situation where millions of people are roaming shops and supermarkets with potentially contaminated masks and after tugging at or adjusting their mask, potentially contaminated fingers. Which is why I keep well away from anyone wearing a mask. I'm not being pedantic or dogmatic about it, I know what the advice is on how to wear them safely, and I know this cannot be done by members of the public, so I keep clear of mask wearers for my own safety.

Guidance on how to wear them correctly has been in the public domain since before the first lockdown ended 59, it's been discussed on here and I know I have on more than one occasion explained how they should be worn according to government advice. I can remember pointing out the absolute futility of expecting the public to wash their hands before putting one on, then not touching it, and washing their hands after removing it. It just isn't going to happen, it's not even remotely likely, so what we have is a situation where millions of people are roaming shops and supermarkets with potentially contaminated masks and after tugging at or adjusting their mask, potentially contaminated fingers. Which is why I keep well away from anyone wearing a mask. I'm not being pedantic or dogmatic about it, I know what the advice is on how to wear them safely, and I know this cannot be done by members of the public, so I keep clear of mask wearers for my own safety.

mmmmm....an understandable reaction to an increasingly common allergy - Sinkov....perhaps you could see a Doctor about them ?

and ....it just so happens, I've got you a consultation.

Thumbs up

Good news
    Cases down again for 6 days in a row to 19609 must be encouraging for most of us, and will mean nothing to others, whilst recorded deaths at 529 are 69 down on yesterday’s.
    Hoping the trend continues despite Government’s attempts to frighten us
    Oops Cases up to 22915
    But Deaths reported down to 501

We’re locked down in Glasgow from tomorrow for 3 weeks at least.
    Last edited by oldcolner; 19-11-2020 at 05:30 PM.

Page 109 of 301 FirstFirst ... 95999107108109110111119159209 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)