+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 113 of 301 FirstFirst ... 1363103111112113114115123163213 ... LastLast
Results 1,121 to 1,130 of 3002

Thread: The Corona Virus

All I know is this "societal reset" and pay freeze for the Public Sector provides more proof the Tories will always put the 1% first. The economic crisis we face is set to be the worst any of us have experienced. "Levelling up" my arse!

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    All I know is this "societal reset" and pay freeze for the Public Sector provides more proof the Tories will always put the 1% first. The economic crisis we face is set to be the worst any of us have experienced. "Levelling up" my arse!
    what was it Carney (BoE) said - "the coronavirus crisis will push the UK economy into its deepest recession in 300 years, "

thats the plan....they've have the serfs build it - and they can destroy it....so beginning the next rise to fall. And what of this time, well...there's lots of those computer things, Robots. AI etc....they being the next workforce, don't require feeding, are easily controlled...and won't question orders, better for the planet too.....but where does that leave all those grubby Humans, where will they go, what will they do ?

Quote Originally Posted by oldcolner View Post
    On the other hand Trumps laissez faire attitude on lockdown and the virus has given the country mayhem and a raging epidemic going out of control.
    Not sure whether to call that tripe or bilge OC, probably qualifies as both.

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    Not sure whether to call that tripe or bilge OC, probably qualifies as both.
    Name:  6247F6C7-1236-4A35-858D-82FD879A950A.jpg
Views: 133
Size:  11.9 KB

Name:  31CCE9F6-A458-476E-B652-A8E0925F9B2A.jpg
Views: 140
Size:  12.0 KB

and then there's the reliance on the machine/tech - the more control It has over supply, then the more trouble we'll be in if the whole thing comes crashing down.

Corony would be.... "a small disturbance in comparison - a cyber pandemic"

and they want More automation- can see where this is leading !

Went to Clitheroe hospital yesterday for a scan. I arrived arrive outside, masked up, and pressed the buzzer, a receptionist arrived and let me in through the first set of doors, in front of the second set of doors was a table, with hand sanitiser and a box of brand new face masks. She pointed to my mask, 'Take that off' she said, 'sanitise your hands and put one of these on', pointing to the box. So I did and was allowed in. On leaving the process was reversed, take off the mask, dispose of it in bin provided, sanitise your hands and off you go. No problem, good to see actually, that's the correct procedure to use.

Made me think though, I can go into shops, supermarkets, cafes and restaurants with my mask on, and it's supposed to protect me and others, but the health professionals at Clitheroe hospital, who might know a bit about this subject, won't let me through the door wearing it.

What else do you need to know about the utility of face mask wearing by the general public ?

Went to Clitheroe hospital yesterday for a scan. I arrived arrive outside, masked up, and pressed the buzzer, a receptionist arrived and let me in through the first set of doors, in front of the second set of doors was a table, with hand sanitiser and a box of brand new face masks. She pointed to my mask, 'Take that off' she said, 'sanitise your hands and put one of these on', pointing to the box. So I did and was allowed in. On leaving the process was reversed, take off the mask, dispose of it in bin provided, sanitise your hands and off you go. No problem, good to see actually, that's the correct procedure to use.

Made me think though, I can go into shops, supermarkets, cafes and restaurants with my mask on, and it's supposed to protect me and others, but the health professionals at Clitheroe hospital, who might know a bit about this subject, won't let me through the door wearing it.

What else do you need to know about the utility of face mask wearing by the general public ?
    Totally agree Sinkov.

I must admit that I wear the same mask for shopping for several days. If the Government really believe in them then they should explain clearly how to use them.

Hope you are OK?

Quote Originally Posted by oldcolner View Post
    Name:  6247F6C7-1236-4A35-858D-82FD879A950A.jpg
Views: 133
Size:  11.9 KB

Name:  31CCE9F6-A458-476E-B652-A8E0925F9B2A.jpg
Views: 140
Size:  12.0 KB
    Can't make out the figures OC, they're too small. If you want to check these figures out, here's the link.

https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/nvss/covid-19.htm

US deaths October 2019...238,000
    US deaths, 4 weeks to October 31st....226,355

Like in the UK, nothing unusual, nothing exceptional, just another autumn.

Quote Originally Posted by 1959_60 View Post
    Totally agree Sinkov.

I must admit that I wear the same mask for shopping for several days. If the Government really believe in them then they should explain clearly how to use them.

Hope you are OK?
    Yes I'm fine OC thanks, you and yours OK ?

The problem is 59, they cannot be used correctly by the general public, it's impossible, they become virus carriers, which is why I object to them and keep well away from anyone wearing one. I take exactly the same view as the health professionals at Clitheroe hospital, don't come near us, or into our hospital with that portable virus carrier hanging off your nose. I don't want them near me either.

Yes I'm fine OC thanks, you and yours OK ?

The problem is 59, they cannot be used correctly by the general public, it's impossible, they become virus carriers, which is why I object to them and keep well away from anyone wearing one. I take exactly the same view as the health professionals at Clitheroe hospital, don't come near us, or into our hospital with that portable virus carrier hanging off your nose. I don't want them near me either.
    Were fine thanks

NYTimes today

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/...-us-cases.html

As of Thursday morning, more than 12,851,200 people in the United States have been infected with the coronavirus and at least 262,100 have died, according to a New York Times database.

Case numbers are spiking across most of the United States, leading to dire warnings about full hospitals, exhausted health care workers and expanding lockdowns.

Deaths are rising quickly toward their spring peaks, surpassing more than 2,000 in a day for the first time since early May.

Page 113 of 301 FirstFirst ... 1363103111112113114115123163213 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)