+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 124 of 301 FirstFirst ... 2474114122123124125126134174224 ... LastLast
Results 1,231 to 1,240 of 3002

Thread: The Corona Virus

Margaret Knowles still alive and talking.

So two different benefits on T cells and antibodies should give better results.

You are still not selling me this one OC.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    So two different benefits on T cells and antibodies should give better results.

You are still not selling me this one OC.
    I’m not selling it just explaining.
    You’re not getting the chance to have it till the theory is tested in trials so don’t fret BT.

A few on here seem to love and support the work of the IRA!

The anti-vax movement has been fed by myths and legends that have distorted the public debate around the topic. New research from the University of Pennsylvania highlights the role Russian state-sponsored trolls have played in this distortion.

The researchers looked at over 2.8 million tweets made by 2,689 accounts that are operated by the Russian Internet Research Agency (IRA). The agency used nine distinct types of persona, from fake Trump fans to fake Black Lives Matters activists.

“We demonstrate how IRA accounts discussed vaccines not only to sow discord among people of the United States but also to flesh out the personalities of their ‘American’ accounts in a credible way,” the researchers explain.

The idea was that by politicizing vaccination, the trolls could affect attitudes and ultimately promote hesitancy with vaccines, and subsequently magnify health disparities.

“Russian trolls worked to polarize Americans on a health topic that is not supposed to be political,” the researchers say. “As our nation deals with the coronavirus pandemic, that type of politicization poisons the well of crisis communications for COVID-19 in ways that create tensions, mistrust and, potentially, a lack of intention to comply with government orders and health directives.”

The work builds upon previous research into the role of the IRA in elections and uses unsupervised machine learning to map the topics tweeted about by the group. This allowed the researchers to develop nine thematic personas, which were each analyzed in relation to their discussions of vaccines.

https://adigaskell.org/2020/06/12/ho...accine-debate/.

Anyone believe these figures in Central America or Central Africa?

Name:  9E1E65C7-E547-404C-AB7B-07B0803A1C80.jpg
Views: 85
Size:  16.3 KB

Too small for me that OC, but I can read the latest NHS critical care bed occupancy rates for November. Throughout the entire month, the occupancy rate in EVERY NHS region has been lower than the average for the last five years.

There is no second wave. Not my opinion, just what the NHS figures are saying.

First vaccine given today to a 90 yr old lady. Great news ,let's hope it works.

Quote Originally Posted by alfinyalcabo View Post
    I want to be sure there are no long term health risks, if she makes to 100, I'll have the jab myself.

Quote Originally Posted by alfinyalcabo View Post
    Fingers crossed the old dear makes Christmas.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    Fingers crossed the old dear makes Christmas.
    Matt Hancock’s granny apparently, he’s been blubbing about it on TV.

Page 124 of 301 FirstFirst ... 2474114122123124125126134174224 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)