+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 13 of 301 FirstFirst ... 311121314152363113 ... LastLast

Thread: The Corona Virus

Quote Originally Posted by map View Post
    1959_69,
    I haven't met anyone who has/had the virus as Wuhan is still "locked down", nobody can leave the community that they live in and all shops, hotels, transport etc are closed.
    Yuqing, who is now sharing my room, she was evicted by her previous landlord who is Arabic and, in my opinion a calous, selfish ****.
    Yuqing told me that the restrictions may be lifted at the beginning of May.
    It is frustrating to say the least....Mengmeng, one of the community volunteers, bought a few essentials for me today but, she was not allowed back into the community and the elevators are still disabled and the stairways still locked, so she had to return the items to the shop.
    I have read that the virus is now prevaiant in Chorley, is that correct ?
    Every cloud map, every cloud.

Quote Originally Posted by map View Post
    1959_69,
    I haven't met anyone who has/had the virus as Wuhan is still "locked down", nobody can leave the community that they live in and all shops, hotels, transport etc are closed.
    Yuqing, who is now sharing my room, she was evicted by her previous landlord who is Arabic and, in my opinion a calous, selfish ****.
    Yuqing told me that the restrictions may be lifted at the beginning of May.
    It is frustrating to say the least....Mengmeng, one of the community volunteers, bought a few essentials for me today but, she was not allowed back into the community and the elevators are still disabled and the stairways still locked, so she had to return the items to the shop.
    I have read that the virus is now prevaiant in Chorley, is that correct ?
    Wow! That is pretty extreme map.
    Hopefully, pretty soon it will seem like just a bad dream.

Latest figures for the North West of England showed about 35 cases. I don't know if Chorley has had one yet though.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    I'm confused Norder, is this latest outbreak a "Curry Virus" because apparently Covo-19 is not sh-it inducing?

thought it was because - this whole affairs so full of shlit - BT

or is it because....there's a fear of bidets ?

Only 19 new cases in China today - good news.

In fact, if you take away China, Iran and Italy, there have only been 211 deaths in the whole of the world since it began on January 22nd - 48 days ago. Looking at it in that way, it is a pretty minor illness compared with lots of others.

Why is Italy so proportionally badly hit by it? 631 deaths there.

Interesting reading at the link.

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/#countries

Quote Originally Posted by 1959_60 View Post
    Only 19 new cases in China today - good news.

In fact, if you take away China, Iran and Italy, there have only been 211 deaths in the whole of the world since it began on January 22nd - 48 days ago. Looking at it in that way, it is a pretty minor illness compared with lots of others.

Why is Italy so proportionally badly hit by it? 631 deaths there ?

Interesting reading at the link.
    https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/#countries
    this study could be of interest - 59'

https://www.sciencedirect.com/scienc...01971219303285

In recent years, Italy has been registering peaks in death rates, particularly among the elderly during the winter season. Influenza epidemics have been indicated as one of the potential determinants of such an excess. The objective of our study was to estimate the influenza-attributable contribution to excess mortality during the influenza seasons from 2013/14 to 2016/17 in Italy.

A mortality rate of 10.7 per 1,000 inhabitants was observed in the winter season 2014/2015 (more than 375,000 deaths in absolute terms), corresponding to an estimated 54,000 excess deaths (+9.1%) as compared to 2014 (Signorelli and Odone, 2016), representing the highest reported mortality rate since the Second World War in Italy (UN, 2019). Although the above-described excess mortality created concern among researchers, health authorities and public health experts, it has been challenging to identify its determinants (Signorelli and Odone, 2016).The observed excess of deaths is not completely unexpected, given the high number of fragile very old subjects living in Italy.

Last edited by Norder; 11-03-2020 at 12:26 AM.

When it's all settled down map and some sort of normality returns, are you going to get out at the first opportunity or stay on and continue working ?

I hope to remain in China, teaching, but it's still unclear when I will be able to leave Wuhan.
    Perhaps June or July....I, nor anyone else knows.

Presumably you teach English.

How is your Chinese?

My Chinese is not very good.... 這很難 - it is difficult - teaching English alll day, and, having lived in several Provinces where the languages are either Cantonese or Mandarin, added to that the local dialects....but it can be quite funny

Page 13 of 301 FirstFirst ... 311121314152363113 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)