+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 179 of 301 FirstFirst ... 79129169177178179180181189229279 ... LastLast
Results 1,781 to 1,790 of 3002

Thread: The Corona Virus

This thread is mind destroying, a bit like the virus, I'll now avoid it for the sake of my sanity, keep talking amongst your selves chaps but keep your masks on.

Quote Originally Posted by kritichris View Post
    This thread is mind destroying, a bit like the virus, I'll now avoid it for the sake of my sanity, keep talking amongst your selves chaps but keep your masks on.
    Over 80,000 dead since we started wearing them last summer, I wouldn't put too much faith in that mask if I were you Chris.

I had a call from my GP yesterday. He actually rang me on my mobile in person.

The Snake Oil Salesman said, "I hoped I would not mind if I could be persuaded to nip into the surgery and have the Covid jab?".

After about 3 minutes he put the 'phone down and realised he needs to brush up on his powers of persuasion.

Quote Originally Posted by kritichris View Post
    One of the good things to come out of this pandemic is that now richer countries are trying to help the poorer ones. If this all is a con(spiracy) then it's a global one which seems unlikely given how much discord there is in the world. What is debatable is should it have been allowed to run its course like the flu epidemic after the first world war. I think the reason why not is that it was swamping the NHS and preventing other medical care being provided. In the flu pandemic I think most victims died at home and as we didn't have a NHS then it wasn't a problem. perhaps I'm being too simplistic, or too simple, but I have no reason to question what is going on. I would however question the competence of how it's been dealt with. Anyway that's my tuppennorth and I'm looking forward to my second jab.
    Course we are looking after the poorer countries mate, we have just halved our aid budget to Yemen and provided the Saudis with enough fire power to take out the whole of the Middle East, with the exception of Israel who have a big enough weapons arsenal to take out the rest of the world.
    Last edited by The Bedlington Terrier; 03-03-2021 at 09:55 AM.

Please BT review that last sentence!

Quote Originally Posted by Balanbam00 View Post
    Please BT review that last sentence!
    Done!

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    and provided the Saudis with enough fire power to take out the whole of the Middle East
    At PMQs Starmer said we had supplied Saudi Arabia with £1.5 billion of armaments in just one month, so you could be right BT, maybe they could take out the entire Middle East. What I would have liked Starmer to have been asked, seeing as he's so well informed is,

1) How many ordinary working class people in this country would be put out of work, if we stopped supplying arms to Saudi Arabia, as at £1.5 billion a month the number made unemployed would not be inconsiderable.

2) As thousands of workers are put out of work in this country, which countries workers do you think would benefit from replacing the UK as arms suppliers to Saudi Arabia, because they would most certainly source them from elsewhere.

3) What do you say to those workers now without a job, how do you justify putting them in that situation, when it makes no difference to Saudi Arabia, who are now getting their arms from somewhere else ?

Sir Keir can't answer because no one has asked him, perhaps you could answer for him BT, I'm sure the pair of you sing from the same hymn sheet on this topic.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    I had a call from my GP yesterday. He actually rang me on my mobile in person.

The Snake Oil Salesman said, "I hoped I would not mind if I could be persuaded to nip into the surgery and have the Covid jab?".
    After about 3 minutes he put the 'phone down and realised he needs to brush up on his powers of persuasion.

that hepls explain why folk are having to wait weeks for telephone consultations....the Doc's are spending all their time attempting to convince healthy people to have the jab !.....those other illnesses, can wait.

the "vaccines" that Governments changed the regulations..to give protection to the Pharma companies - immunity from being sued in the event of complications.

With 25 companies testing their vaccine candidates on humans and getting ready to immunise hundred millions of people once the products are shown to work, the question of who pays for any claims for damages in case of side effects has been a tricky point in supply negotiations.

“This is a unique situation where we as a company simply cannot take the risk if in ... four years the vaccine is showing side effects,” Ruud Dobber, a member of Astra’s senior executive team, told Reuters.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-a...-idINKCN24V2EN

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    At PMQs Starmer said we had supplied Saudi Arabia with £1.5 billion of armaments in just one month, so you could be right BT, maybe they could take out the entire Middle East. What I would have liked Starmer to have been asked, seeing as he's so well informed is,

1) How many ordinary working class people in this country would be put out of work, if we stopped supplying arms to Saudi Arabia, as at £1.5 billion a month the number made unemployed would not be inconsiderable.

2) As thousands of workers are put out of work in this country, which countries workers do you think would benefit from replacing the UK as arms suppliers to Saudi Arabia, because they would most certainly source them from elsewhere.

3) What do you say to those workers now without a job, how do you justify putting them in that situation, when it makes no difference to Saudi Arabia, who are now getting their arms from somewhere else ?

Sir Keir can't answer because no one has asked him, perhaps you could answer for him BT, I'm sure the pair of you sing from the same hymn sheet on this topic.
    I watched the Budget with the father-in-law and I think you must have recorded my conversation and represented on here sinkov, you little eavesdropper:

We both think Johnson is right to cut foreign aid with the mess our own economy is in.

We both think the Saudis need to stop bombing Yemeni civilians and take on Israel instead.

We both think BAE need to up their game and sell more military gear and weapons across the globe and keep the French and Yanks out of landing overseas defence contracts.

We both think British jobs should be protected but please stop bombing Yemen, try Iran instead.

We both have no idea what Starmer thinks. Does Starmer? He is the worst Leader of Her Majesty's Opposition I can ever remember...

Attachment 18547

"We both think the Saudis need to stop bombing Yemeni civilians and take on Israel instead."

Takes two to tango BT, and there are two external forces at work in the Yemen. It's absolutely pointless expecting Saudi Arabia to back off, they do have a land border with the Yemen after all, and have every right to take an interest in the security situation there. To mention the situation in the Yemen, the Saudi involvement, and not mention the involvement of Iran can only mean one of two things, either you are incredibly ill-informed, or you're being disingenuous. Which is it ?

So you want Saudi Arabia to 'take on' Israel ? I would have thought any rapprochement between Israel and any Arab state would be beneficial for peace and security for the Middle East, and especially for the people who actually have to live there. But not to Lefties, what a weird and wonderful world you lot live in, but it's not the real one.

Page 179 of 301 FirstFirst ... 79129169177178179180181189229279 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)