+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 197 of 301 FirstFirst ... 97147187195196197198199207247297 ... LastLast
Results 1,961 to 1,970 of 3002

Thread: The Corona Virus

I've asked on numerous occasions, 'why do they lie to us' ? This is as feasible an explanation as any.

'You’re gonna live with it and play it out for as long as it goes, right? – Trapped in the same lie – Detective McNulty in The Wire

‘THE only dumb question is the one not asked.’ I’m sure you have heard that irritating cliché many times before, perhaps at school or, if you were really unlucky, at work spouted by some ghastly new-age management guru. Still, like many clichés it contains a kernel of truth: very often we don’t ask questions for fear of looking stupid in front of our peers, or because we are scared it shows that we haven’t really been paying much attention.

But there is another reason we don’t ask questions – because we fear the answers, and that is the basis of the Great Covid Lie we have been living through this past nightmarish year.

The Great Covid Lie – that the disease is of such lethal virulence that almost any measure, no matter how repressive, is justified to combat it – has been the settled narrative since the first lockdown began just over a year ago. From that point, it became inevitable that ever more extreme and destructive measures would be introduced, the latest of which is the deeply sinister ‘Covid passports’ initiative.

To understand how the Great Covid Lie came about, we have to acknowledge that Covid-19 IS a disease of potentially lethal virulence – when it comes to destroying political careers: had the NHS been unable to cope, the terrible optics of overwhelmed hospitals, the elderly and frail left in corridors while dead or dying, could have quickly proved terminal for those in power.

Unfortunately, there are no such optics for the patients whose yet-undiagnosed cancer claims their lives, or for the quiet suicide of the ruined business owner, or the child condemned to a future of dead-end jobs owing to lack of education. Now and in the next few years all these things will happen, and on a huge scale, but they will have considerably less impact on the careers of those currently in charge.

Whether or not you believe lockdowns and all the panoply of freedom-destroying measures we have had to endure were necessary and proportionate – I don’t – the important thing to remember is that governments simply refused even to ask that very question: there has been no serious attempt at cost-benefit analysis of the various options, which there would have been if governments were truly motivated by national well-being.

Another truism: ‘The greatest lie a conman tells is the lie he tells himself.’ To face up to the truth of what you are and what you have done to others is something that none of us entirely manages to do, and it is particularly difficult when what you have done is horrendous and on a massive scale. It is far easier for our political masters to convince themselves that they were behaving altruistically, that no other course of action was possible.

As disaster is heaped upon disaster, lie upon lie, ever more extreme, unnecessary and authoritarian measures are needed for the maintenance of the hysterical narrative. It is this, rather than some sinister conspiracy, that is now the major political driver behind the Covid passport scheme and all subsequent society-destroying schemes to come: as Covid becomes less virulent, the lie becomes ever more so – the disease could apparently still bounce back, sweeping across a now substantially vaccinated population in some ‘fourth wave’ – no doubt to be followed by a tsunami and subsequently a megatsunami. After all, if restrictions were universally lifted tomorrow and nothing much happened, the lie would be at risk of being exposed. Better instead to double down – and double, triple and quadruple down they will.

There are others who benefit from the propagation and continuation of the Great Covid Lie – those, such as the Machiavellian Tony Blair, who really do relish an increase in authoritarian power, or the media, who from the start prostituted themselves because cheap sensationalism was a bigger money-spinner than maintaining critical faculty, or the scientists given the power of gods over our civilisation, now able to conduct their experiments on an unprecedented scale.

All are ultimately trapped, as are the rest of us, by the same enormous lie.'

[QUOTE=army88;39751000]
    Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    Bloody hell, hang on - thread stays open...

https://www.cityam.com/another-covid...-chris-whitty/[/I’ve read back a few of these posts and just for balance , today I met a work colleague after not seeing him for a few months , he’d had Covid as had I and we kind off swapped experiences and symptoms, he then told me he’d lost his dad recently to Covid who was primary carer to his mum who’s also contracted the virus.

I read our statistical squabbles the rights the wrongs masks , jabs , lies the government how they handled this and the so called lies etc.

Suddenly it was all irrelevant as that sickening feeling returned to my stomach that someone pretty close had lost his dad and potentially his mum , standing before me a broken man - the squabbling and statistics are pointless in a fight against this killer disease ( as I’ve said all along until it touches you your family or someone close you really can’t comprehend the devastation it delivers ).

As from now I won’t be commenting on Covid again , the stats rights wrongs are pointless
    I've lost a friend too army and although i read this thread i'd given up commenting until now, just wanted to show support.

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post

There are others who benefit from the propagation and continuation of the Great Covid Lie – those, such as the Machiavellian Tony Blair, who really do relish an increase in authoritarian power, or the media, who from the start prostituted themselves because cheap sensationalism was a bigger money-spinner than maintaining critical faculty, or the scientists given the power of gods over our civilisation, now able to conduct their experiments on an unprecedented scale.

All are ultimately trapped, as are the rest of us, by the same enormous lie.'[/B]

blind acceptance of authority - Sinkov....I see them everyday, little machines moving in the unremitting repeat of thier automaton routine....empty souls, craving something. anything, to take them out of themselves, their numbness.....Wars were good for it, but anything destructive will do...but then, this is War, said Alex de piffle Johnson. I remember in the early days of Convid, seeing a lady I recognised, locally.....she talked of 250 thousand deaths..."doubt it so" I said...Oh yes "she said, "if not now then there'll will be come the second wave"....her eyes glaring at me like a wild animal, I could almost see the blood dripping from her mouth, I felt sick, and on seeing her now, still do....so no wonder the megalomaniacs have found it so easy to entice the masses into their game...they've constructed a collective of ugly, fearful, selfish , egotistical , brain dead subservient husks, prize saps to easily manipulate, what easier way...to get their way !

Does anyone seriously believe "they" are going to give back the control and coercion "they" have grabbed in the last twelve months?

The right to protest is now dead in the water, new "measures" are being announced and I will ask again, "where are the bodies?"

Mass graves and Nightingale hospitals, where are they now?

Let's have a blood clot count on here...

https://www.theguardian.com/society/...CMP=GTUK_email

On your same WSJ articles:

blob:https://www.wsj.com/15221e4a-c28c-47...3-ae93c45d8dce

How Covid-19 Jumps From Humans to Animals, Worrying Scientists

Covid-19, a virus that many experts believe came to us from bats, has been transmitted on from humans to pets and other animals. Here’s why some scientists are worried that so-called spillbacks could potentially perpetuate a cycle of infection.

More worrying times ??

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    Let's have a blood clot count on here...

https://www.theguardian.com/society/...CMP=GTUK_email
    I would really despair BT, but it's in the Grauniad so I take it with a large dose of salt. When I had my jab, Pfizer, and Mrs S had hers, Astra-Zeneca, we were both told by the nurse that we'd get headaches, she told me that was a good sign, it showed the vaccine was working. We both duly did get headaches, took a couple of Nurofen and thought no more about it. Are other NHS staff not telling people they're going to get a headache, or are there just morons who are ignoring what they've been told. Who knows in this country any more ?

[QUOTE=kritichris;39751046]
    Quote Originally Posted by army88 View Post

I've lost a friend too army and although i read this thread i'd given up commenting until now, just wanted to show support.
    Chris, I had a friend and neighbour who died after catching Covid in hospital. So that's three of us, you me and army, who know that Covid can kill people and it is not to be taken lightly. This however, tragic as these cases may be, does not mean Lockdowns are the only, or even best solutions, nor does it mean the Government and their Sage advisors are not lying to us on an epic scale.

Mask meanderings from a country town

Clitheroe market, Thursday morning. An oldish couple, face masks firmly strapped on, are wandering round a veg stall. The man is thinking about buying a bunch of grapes, he picks the bunch up, plucks a single grape off it, pulls his mask down and pops it into his mouth. He chews it, decides he doesn't like it, puts the bunch of grapes back down and pulls his mask back up.

Mrs S has to restrain me from approaching said gentleman and enquiring, probably not very politely, just what the feck he thinks he's doing.

Page 197 of 301 FirstFirst ... 97147187195196197198199207247297 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)