+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 301 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast

Thread: The Corona Virus

Thanks BT.....if only others would take the time to research and not class the virus as "a bad cold".

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-china-51245680

The BBC are making this a top story map. Do you get the BBC in Wuhan?

No, not in Hubei Prinvince. Ijusr get the message "not available in your area"

In addition, all the phamacies have run out of related medicines. I'm just listening to BBC Radio 4, lot's of people are struggling to to find any help at all. My friend at the local "cafe" has sent me a message, translated as "stay indoors, if you go outside wear a mask AND goggles, the virus can be tranferred through the eyes"....not to worry it's only the common cold as someone on this site informed me !

Stay safe Map,no point in taking risks until given the all clear.. That professor obviously didn't have any idea of the severity of it all.

Just lucky you are in a small town like Burnley.Only 11 million people in your neck of the woods,easy to lockdown such a small place.
    It's not easy to find bat soup and snake over here,you are lucky to be able to find such delicious delicacies,I'vs searched through all the numbers on the local Chinese takeaway and they are not to be found.

Quote Originally Posted by barrie_burn View Post
    Just lucky you are in a small town like Burnley.Only 11 million people in your neck of the woods,easy to lockdown such a small place.
    It's not easy to find bat soup and snake over here,you are lucky to be able to find such delicious delicacies,I'vs searched through all the numbers on the local Chinese takeaway and they are not to be found.

Ok, I give in, You seem to be better iformed than me....from the other side of the world !

...and just when you have booked your holidays too!!!

Philippines
    Virus scare: 600 Chinese from Wuhan must leave PH by Jan. 27
    Over 600 Chinese tourists who had entered the country on separate flights from the Chinese city of Wuhan must return home as scheduled in their package tours, giving them no time to extend their stay or to visit other parts of the Philippines.

Quote Originally Posted by map View Post
    Thanks BT.....if only others would take the time to research and not class the virus as "a bad cold".

think what you like map - facts is facts - Look here - https://intermountainhealthcare.org/...l/coronavirus/

cos thats where I looked..... !

Germ Profile

Germ Type: Virus
    Season: Fall, winter

Human coronavirus refers to a group of viruses that cause the "Common Cold" around the world. Young children are most likely to get infected, but people can have multiple infections over a lifetime – and most people on the planet will get sick from coronavirus at one time or another. These viruses typically cause cold-like symptoms: runny nose, cough, and sore throat. The coronavirus SARS can cause life-threatening illness, but it is very rare, and not a single case of SARS has been reported anywhere in the world since 2004.

Yes, but remember it is just "a common cold"....when wii some people realise just how serious this is ?

Page 2 of 301 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)