+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 217 of 301 FirstFirst ... 117167207215216217218219227267 ... LastLast
Results 2,161 to 2,170 of 3002

Thread: The Corona Virus

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    In February, Imperial College Covid-19 Response Team/SAGE, produced forecasts for Boris's Road map out of Lockdown. They forecast the number of people who would be in hospital, depending on the speed at which restrictions were lifted. The scenarios were in decreasing speed of lifting restrictions,

Scenario One, fastest lifting of restrictions, June 4th....42,349 patients in hospital.
    Scenario Two, June 4th....12,251 patients in hospital.
    Scenario Three, June 4th....6,116 patients in hospital.
    Scenario Four, June 4th....2,186 patients in hospital.

Actual number of patients in hospital on June 4th....805

Time and time and time again, the Mad Scientists of Sage get it wrong, they vastly overestimate the risk, but these are the people who are on the BBC on a daily basis, scaremongering, pushing Project Fear, these are the people the Government listens to, and sets policy accordingly, and god help Boris in the media if he doesn't listen to these Mad Scientists.

But no one in the media wants to point out that the Emperor isn't wearing any clothes. Why ?
    Apparently the vaccinations don't work...
    https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/uknew...?ocid=msedgntp

"Downing Street has said there is "still" no reason to delay the final stage of reopening on June 21, but that this week will be "crucial" in deciding whether all restrictions can be lifted.

Matt Hancock had appeared to indicate that stage four could be pushed back amid concerns over the Indian/Delta variant, with sources suggesting that mitigations such as face masks and social distancing may remain.

However the Prime Minister's official spokesman said: "There still remains that there is nothing in the data currently to suggest step four can't go ahead at the earliest date."

Good lad Boris, still standing firm, for now, the BBC and the woke Lefty press are going to be wheeling out the Mad Scientists with ever increasing frequency this next week. They'll chuck everything including the kitchen sink at him, stick with it Boris, you know it makes sense.

"Downing Street has said there is "still" no reason to delay the final stage of reopening on June 21, but that this week will be "crucial" in deciding whether all restrictions can be lifted.

Matt Hancock had appeared to indicate that stage four could be pushed back amid concerns over the Indian/Delta variant, with sources suggesting that mitigations such as face masks and social distancing may remain.

However the Prime Minister's official spokesman said: "There still remains that there is nothing in the data currently to suggest step four can't go ahead at the earliest date."

Good lad Boris, still standing firm, for now, the BBC and the woke Lefty press are going to be wheeling out the Mad Scientists with ever increasing frequency this next week. They'll chuck everything including the kitchen sink at him, stick with it Boris, you know it makes sense.
    I am waiting for Cummings to rear his head again in an attempt to put the knife in.
    It really is all getting very silly, in fact, it's even worse than VAR and that takes some beating!

Florida anyone ?

Governor Ron DeSantis at the gulf coast jam concert over the weekend - "Florida chose freedom over faucism"

From tonight's Spectator:

There was one death within 28 days of a positive Covid test and 5,683 cases recorded in the past 24 hours. Yesterday 127,345 people had their first dose of the vaccine and 259,941 their second. The total number of vaccinations given now stands at 68,381,870 and 40,460,576 people have had at least one dose, with 27,921,294 fully vaccinated.

WTF are SAGE on about?

Just maybe some good news??
    Israeli experts find possible key to avoid immune system’s ‘overreaction’
    An “overreaction” of the immune system, the so-called “Cytokine storm” has also been one of the causes of severe disease or death in many coronavirus patients.

https://www.jpost.com/health-science...eaction-670680

“Often, when people think about the immune system, they think about antibodies, which are produced by B cells,”
    “However, we are focusing on a branch of the immune system that is composed by T cells.”

The function of T cells is to check whether there are changes in the body’s cells that can be caused by a pathogen, such as a virus, but also by other mechanisms like cancer. Read on if it sounds interesting?
    - - - - - - - - - -

Israeli researchers say oral COVID-19 vaccine works as booster - study
    Unlike the Pfizer or Moderna vaccines that use messenger RNA, this is an oral subunit vaccine, meaning the vaccine presents the antigen to the immune system without introducing pathogen particles.

https://www.jpost.com/health-science...r-study-670679
    - - - - - - - -
    How long would an egg keep in your fridge?
    1,000-year-old chicken egg, one of the oldest ever, has been unearthed in Yavne, a town in central Israel,
    found in Israel

https://www.jpost.com/archaeology/10...-israel-670496

The complete egg was unearthed in a vast industrial complex dating to the Byzantine period (4th-7th centuries CE). Within the site, the archaeologists found a cesspit from the Islamic period
    “Chickens were domesticated in southeast Asia relatively recently, around 6,000 years ago, but it took time for them to enter the human diet, they were used for other purposes, such as cockfighting, and they were considered beautiful animals, exhibited in ancient zoos and given as presents to kings.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    From tonight's Spectator:

There was one death within 28 days of a positive Covid test and 5,683 cases recorded in the past 24 hours. Yesterday 127,345 people had their first dose of the vaccine and 259,941 their second. The total number of vaccinations given now stands at 68,381,870 and 40,460,576 people have had at least one dose, with 27,921,294 fully vaccinated.

WTF are SAGE on about?
    As the latest variant of this deadly virus has been ripping through Bolton, Blackburn, Burnley and Pendle, I've just checked how many Covid deaths there have been in those 4 NHS trusts in June.

Blackburn with Darwen...1
    Bolton...3
    Burnley...1
    Pendle...0

As the latest variant of this deadly virus has been ripping through Bolton, Blackburn, Burnley and Pendle, I've just checked how many Covid deaths there have been in those 4 NHS trusts in June.

Blackburn with Darwen...1
    Bolton...3
    Burnley...1
    Pendle...0
    I think Blow Job and Hancock's Half Hour need to turn their attentions to the current FIVE MILLION people on the NHS waiting list for hospital appointments - and quick.

Susan Michie, Professor of Health Psychology at UCL and a leading member of SAGE,

"Vaccines are a really important part of pandemic control but it is only one part. [A] test, trace and isolate system, [as well as] border controls, are really essential. And the third thing is people’s behaviour. That is, the behaviour of social distancing, of… making sure there’s good ventilation [when you’re indoors], or if there’s not, wearing face masks, and [keeping up] hand and surface hygiene.

We will need to keep these going in the long term, and that will be good not only for Covid but also to reduce other [diseases] at a time when the NHS is [struggling]… I think forever, to some extent…"

Social distancing, face masks for the long term, forever even, and this is one of the people telling Boris what he must do. God help us, I don't call these people the Mad Scientists of Sage without good reason, they truly are deranged, and bloody dangerous with it.

Susan Michie, Professor of Health Psychology at UCL and a leading member of SAGE,

"Vaccines are a really important part of pandemic control but it is only one part. [A] test, trace and isolate system, [as well as] border controls, are really essential. And the third thing is people’s behaviour. That is, the behaviour of social distancing, of… making sure there’s good ventilation [when you’re indoors], or if there’s not, wearing face masks, and [keeping up] hand and surface hygiene.

We will need to keep these going in the long term, and that will be good not only for Covid but also to reduce other [diseases] at a time when the NHS is [struggling]… I think forever, to some extent…"

Social distancing, face masks for the long term, forever even, and this is one of the people telling Boris what he must do. God help us, I don't call these people the Mad Scientists of Sage without good reason, they truly are deranged, and bloody dangerous with it.
    My own personal problem sinkov now is I really don't want any stranger in my own personal space anymore . God help me when me and the missus hit the streets of London first week of July.

I will also willingly wear one of those blue paper mask thingies on the Tube. Am I just paranoid or fully SAGE conditioned?

Page 217 of 301 FirstFirst ... 117167207215216217218219227267 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)