+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 235 of 301 FirstFirst ... 135185225233234235236237245285 ... LastLast
Results 2,341 to 2,350 of 3002

Thread: The Corona Virus

Quote Originally Posted by Norder View Post

as I know it - Sinkov...the French education system is very antiquated/ regimented.....
    It was certainly the case when we lived in France Norder, and Mrs S, whose entire working life was in education, and so knows far more of these things than I do, says it's still the case.

However, having spent ten years living with the products of the French system, and the last ten years living with the products of ours, I prefer their admittedly antiquated and regimented system.

On the other hand, Mrs S does not, so what do I know.

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    It was certainly the case when we lived in France Norder, and Mrs S, whose entire working life was in education, and so knows far more of these things than I do, says it's still the case.

However, having spent ten years living with the products of the French system, and the last ten years living with the products of ours, I prefer their admittedly antiquated and regimented system.

there was a word Teachers used for kids that thought for themselves.....with inventivness or imagination, I can't remember it, but some professeure/professeurs would go so far as to have the offending child stand in shame while the whole class delivered it...a nasty degrading experience, fit or be flogged.....unless, received into one of the grandes écoles - such as École Polytechnique lX in Paris - it offers a direct pass to the high table , for the whore establishment or dominant elite....etc.

had a look at the current state of brainwashing for the hoy polloi....and found this.

I remember going to a parent’s reunion for Leyla (I had to cancel 2 lessons to be there since it was at 4 PM, again, how do working parents cope?) and the teacher said “I have nothing special to tell you. Leyla is doing great, she is happy, obedient and has a good attitude in class”. That was all I could get from the teacher. Next parent…

One thing is certain: the French system, from the very beginning, promotes fitting in the system. And you get yelled at when you don’t. Not a great way to form future thinking out of the box, entrepreneurs or to develop originality and self-esteem… I hate to think my Leyla is being raised to fit in a (shoe) box.

https://www.frenchtoday.com/blog/fre...-organization/

also depends on how alive the parent.

Cheers.

there was a word Teachers used for kids that thought for themselves.....with inventivness or imagination, I can't remember it, but some professeure/professeurs would go so far as to have the offending child stand in shame while the whole class delivered it...a nasty degrading experience, fit or be flogged.....unless, received into one of the grandes écoles - such as École Polytechnique lX in Paris - it offers a direct pass to the high table , for the whore establishment or dominant elite....etc.

had a look at the current state of brainwashing for the hoy polloi....and found this.

I remember going to a parent’s reunion for Leyla (I had to cancel 2 lessons to be there since it was at 4 PM, again, how do working parents cope?) and the teacher said “I have nothing special to tell you. Leyla is doing great, she is happy, obedient and has a good attitude in class”. That was all I could get from the teacher. Next parent…

One thing is certain: the French system, from the very beginning, promotes fitting in the system. And you get yelled at when you don’t. Not a great way to form future thinking out of the box, entrepreneurs or to develop originality and self-esteem… I hate to think my Leyla is being raised to fit in a (shoe) box.

Cheers.

The French I ask you Norder. They may think we are a nation of shopkeepers but they don’t even have a word for entrepreneur. They won’t even take the knee! How preposterous is that!!!

Quote Originally Posted by outwoodclaret View Post
    The French I ask you Norder. They may think we are a nation of shopkeepers but they don’t even have a word for entrepreneur. They won’t even take the knee! How preposterous is that!!!
    did they conveniently forget it one of their own - outwood ?.......and am not sure, but think some take the knee, but i'd guess they can't all, because there has to be disagreement , it'd be unfair otherwise.

--

Covid France: Vandals attack and set on fire two vaccine centres

One centre in the south-east was put out of use and 'Vaccin = genocide' was written on nearby buildings. Another in the south west was partially damaged as more than 110,000 protested against new Covid rules

https://www.connexionfrance.com/Fren...accine-centres

Vandals on the rise again - on to Paris ?

as we parlez.

not many years ago, Sinkov...only a handful - I was working on something with a French friend, a lovely gent - big, and just as big on France and all things French....we'd finished what we were doing and i'd poured an apero - talk moved to France, nothing heavy, just observations and ........He broke down, and with tears flowing said - " what have they done, what are they doing to my country, the traditions, the beauty - etc etc - Why ?
    We knew, but didn't want to, we'd noticed the decline, talked of it, felt it even....but coming from him, brought it home proper, it hurt, and still does.

did they conveniently forget it one of their own - outwood ?.......and am not sure, but think some take the knee, but i'd guess they can't all, because there has to be disagreement , it'd be unfair otherwise.

--

Covid France: Vandals attack and set on fire two vaccine centres

One centre in the south-east was put out of use and 'Vaccin = genocide' was written on nearby buildings. Another in the south west was partially damaged as more than 110,000 protested against new Covid rules

https://www.connexionfrance.com/Fren...accine-centres

Vandals on the rise again - on to Paris ?

The reference to “not having a word for entrepreneur” Norder relates to an alleged aside by George Bush to Tony Blair after meeting Chirac. Bush was supposedly lamenting the decline of the French economy. The aside is like many things we are told of dubious authenticity. The French football team I know will not take the knee knowing full well how divisive this would be at home. I referenced it only to highlight the difference with the England national team who feel obliged to continue with it despite the divisions it is creating and woe betide anyone who speaks out against it let alone boos. How I often long for a pronouncement by the eminent Dr Pangloss on these matters to set my heart at ease.

Creating dichotomy and division. The Conservative and Unionist Party are past masters in this particular dark art.

It's the public school upbringing you know.

Cheers.

I know little of day to day teaching in French schools Norder, but obviously living there and having many French friends, I did come in to contact with, and get to know, quite a lot of young French people. It seemed to me, in general, they were more mature in their outlook, more relaxed in their own skins, more aware of their responsibilities as they grew towards adulthood, more deferent towards their parents and grandparents, and generally better educated than their counterparts in the UK.

Even if I'm right, many might not think all this is necessarily a good thing, but I do.

Quote Originally Posted by outwoodclaret View Post
    The reference to “not having a word for entrepreneur” Norder relates to an alleged aside by George Bush to Tony Blair after meeting Chirac. Bush was supposedly lamenting the decline of the French economy. The aside is like many things we are told of dubious authenticity. The French football team I know will not take the knee knowing full well how divisive this would be at home. I referenced it only to highlight the difference with the England national team who feel obliged to continue with it despite the divisions it is creating and woe betide anyone who speaks out against it let alone boos. How I often long for a pronouncement by the eminent Dr Pangloss on these matters to set my heart at ease.
    now I remember - Outwood....and thanks for the reminder, not that my memory is declining, it's stable, am good with it....
    If only the French would've ignored the pressure - then came Sarkozy.....the amount of folk I asked, "did you vote for him"....Non, Non et Non !

I know little of day to day teaching in French schools Norder, but obviously living there and having many French friends, I did come in to contact with, and get to know, quite a lot of young French people. It seemed to me, in general, they were more mature in their outlook, more relaxed in their own skins, more aware of their responsibilities as they grew towards adulthood, more deferent towards their parents and grandparents, and generally better educated than their counterparts in the UK.
    Even if I'm right, many might not think all this is necessarily a good thing, but I do.
    lots of twists to it - Sinkov....parents, area - rural/urban etc , a combination of factors, but in general. yes they are more - i'd put it....toned-down, which on reception, is a very pleasing experience, nothing wrong with that, but question is, is it natural respect, offered faithfully, or more a case of, engineering ?
    There's two kids that stand out to me, and stand out they did, to all.....a couple of unreserved wild cats, but I connected to them more than any other I'd met before and after.....because for all their foibles, they were real, plain-speaking and undisguised.

"Boris Johnson faces defeat in the House of Commons over his plans to bring in vaccine passports after Labour indicated that it would oppose the measures.
    A Labour spokesman said making people show proof of Covid jabs for "everyday access" to venues was "costly, open to fraud and impractical".

Hallelujah !!! At last the useless w@nkers in HM Opposition are going to do their job and actually oppose this hapless government. About fecking time.

Page 235 of 301 FirstFirst ... 135185225233234235236237245285 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)