+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 241 of 301 FirstFirst ... 141191231239240241242243251291 ... LastLast
Results 2,401 to 2,410 of 3002

Thread: The Corona Virus

"Some 46% of people have cut back on social contact to avoid being pinged, according to Times polling."

Am I missing something here, or are 46% of people really stupid. If you don't want to be pinged, no need to cut back on social contact, just get that bloody app off your phone.

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    Impossible to come to any other conclusion isn't it, but it's a conclusion many reached on here a long time ago.
    Another thing that's bugging me is their decisions on "travel traffic lights" which seems to be politically driven rather than bearing any relevance to the facts. I want to go to Portugal to visit some folks I know and sort out some stuff I need to do in a rural area, but the Government seem to want to punish them for some reason.
    Last time I went over it was green - until the third day of our fortnight when it was inexplicably put on the amber list despite having bugger all cases to speak of and none whatsoever in the area I was in. I have to confess I came down from the hills to visit Taylor's in Porto but their Covid measures were incredible compared to ours including having to spend a minute in an antivirus mist booth before being allowed in fully masked up - and that was over a year ago.
    It's still on the amber list and as of Sunday they had 2300 new cases and just 9 deaths - a fraction of what we have. I've heard folk question their reporting but given that their healthcare system is so much better run than ours I reckon that's just xenophobic bull.
    Annoys me that the facts are ignored.

Johnson never lets facts get in the way of his Churchillian fantasy lusty.

You should know that by now.

I really can't be arsed to check back on the details on this, but I read that we are being awkward with arrivals from France because a variant is rampant over there, maybe the Delta one, I didn't take much notice, but the French have pointed out that something like 95% of the cases are in Reunion, which is on the other side of the world. This cut no ice with our government at all, restrictions stayed in place.

I really can't be arsed to check back on the details on this, but I read that we are being awkward with arrivals from France because a variant is rampant over there, maybe the Delta one, I didn't take much notice, but the French have pointed out that something like 95% of the cases are in Reunion, which is on the other side of the world. This cut no ice with our government at all, restrictions stayed in place.
    Macron allegedly insulted Johnson and Princess Nut Nuts in Cornwall.

Enjoy the payback dude.

Quote Originally Posted by wanderlust View Post
    Another staggeringly bemusing U-turn from Boris.
    Concerned about voters complaining about the number of people getting pinged they've reduced the threshhold - only people who come into contact with someone who has it in the previous two days will be pinged (previously it was five days)
    So can someone explain to me why the self isolation period is 10 days then?
    If they can spread it for 10 days why only ping people who have come into contact with them in the last two?
    Am I getting the wrong end of the stick here or is the government really stupid?
    first thought - with bucket loads of Cases but very few actual Patients....they're concerned about folk questioning that they're being "pinged" with absolutly zero sign of an illness - and what does that reveal - exactly what they dont want to reveal / or become obvious....its all about the False Positive rate (FPR = Uninfected) vs the False Negative rate (FNR = Infected)....and so, if prevelance is low - they can't escape it....False Positive it is, hence the loosening of the chains.

Quote Originally Posted by Norder View Post
    first thought - with bucket loads of Cases but very few actual Patients....they're concerned about folk questioning that they're being "pinged" with absolutly zero sign of an illness - and what does that reveal - exactly what they dont want to reveal / or become obvious....its all about the False Positive rate (FPR = Uninfected) vs the False Negative rate (FNR = Infected)....and so, if prevelance is low - they can't escape it....False Positive it is, hence the loosening of the chains.

Where are the bodies?

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    Macron allegedly insulted Johnson and Princess Nut Nuts in Cornwall.

Enjoy the payback dude.
    It's the thousands of Brits in France trying to get back to Blighty 'enjoying' the payback BT. I keep reading comments from people who have had enough of this fecking pantomime, never voting Tory again they say. But it's bollox, they will vote Tory again, because the alternative is Labour, LibDems or Greens, and under any of those it would be an even bigger shambes, and they know it, that's why they voted Tory, voted for Boris, in the first place. The blond buffoon will get away with it again.

COVID: 90% of patients treated with new Israeli drug discharged in 5 days
    The Phase II trial for an Israeli COVID drug saw some 29 out of 30 patients, moderate to serious, recover within days.

https://www.jpost.com/health-science...-5-days-675961

Some 93% of 90 coronavirus serious patients treated in several Greek hospitals with a new drug developed by a team at Tel Aviv’s Sourasky Medical Center as part of the Phase II trial of the treatment were discharged in five days or fewer.
    The Phase II trial confirmed the results of Phase I, which was conducted in Israel last winter and saw 29 out of 30 patients in moderate to serious condition recover within days.

“The main goal of this study was to verify that the drug is safe,” Prof. Nadir Arber said. “To this day we have not registered any significant side effect in any patient from both groups.”

It's the thousands of Brits in France trying to get back to Blighty 'enjoying' the payback BT. I keep reading comments from people who have had enough of this fecking pantomime, never voting Tory again they say. But it's bollox, they will vote Tory again, because the alternative is Labour, LibDems or Greens, and under any of those it would be an even bigger shambes, and they know it, that's why they voted Tory, voted for Boris, in the first place. The blond buffoon will get away with it again.
    I completed a YouGov survey the other day about "Confidence in Boris Johnson and the Conservative Party".

Check it yourself mon ami, 97% of people surveyed have no confidence in Blow Job, 98% have no confidence in the Conservative Party, 98% said they would not vote Tory again and I said to the wife, "they will still get re-elected".

In her most sanguine tone she replied, "Who else can they possibly vote for?"

She's not often right is my lass, but she has this one nailed.

Page 241 of 301 FirstFirst ... 141191231239240241242243251291 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)