+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 25 of 301 FirstFirst ... 1523242526273575125 ... LastLast

Thread: The Corona Virus

Quote Originally Posted by Supersub6 View Post
    My son has just sent me this to read

Good read from an immunologist at Johns Hopkins University

...immunity through exposure to a virus, or by getting a flu shot.
    Now, here comes this Coronavirus... it existed in animals only, for nobody knows how long...but one day, at an animal market, in Wuhan China
    This Coronavirus, not being in any form a “human” virus (whereas we would all have some natural or acquired immunity). Took off like a rocket. And this was because, Humans have no known immunity...doctors have no known medicines for it.
    And it just so happens that this particular mutated animal virus, changed itself in such a way the way that it causes great damage to human lungs..
    That’s why Coronavirus is different from seasonal flu, or H1N1 or any other type of influenza.... this one is slippery AF. And it’s a lung eater...And, it’s already mutated AGAIN, so that we now have two strains to deal with, strain s, and strain L....which makes it twice as hard to develop a vaccine.

Be smart folks... acting like you’re unafraid is so not needed right now.
    Sorry Sub - too many Red Flags - doom and gloom, innacuracies - badly written for a Pro etc...Coronapop this and Coronapop that, Specific Not - as its been known about for a long time - but reads as if the writer thinks its just recently appeared - All Viruses mutate , this isn't special for it - and Great damage...freaky stuff - but to who ? what degree ? here you are, am sure you trust the BBC Covid-19 is a mild infection for eight out of 10 people who get it and the core symptoms are a fever and a cough...etc etc https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-51214864...and the Flu shot, may boost your immune system but is Not guaranteed protection - immunity... as seems to be inferred.

So....looked around, had the copy and paste all over the place - with differing authors - but tracked it to source....Lucy Sinclair on Facebook.

https://imgur.com/gallery/X3m7yv8

can read more about it here....https://www.reddit.com/r/China_Flu/c...tly_bogus_can/

those guys were also onto it.

Cheers.

Last edited by Norder; 25-03-2020 at 09:31 PM.

Just a Virus ?

Next level - Social Programming....seems so.

Hate Week is a fictional event in George Orwell's dystopian novel Nine**** Eighty-Four. Hate week is a psychological operation designed to increase the hatred of the population for the current enemy of the totalitarian Party

norder --I passed no comment on what my son sent me, nor on anything that you copy and paste ---why? ---because all of this is beyond my control and I do not profess to know anything about it, nor can I do any better than those who are dealing with what is happening, therefore, I do not worry about it because if it happens to me ---it happens and then I will react or otherwise.
    There are enough people worrying about what may or may not happen that I find it very comforting that I can just get on with life and let them all get on with their worrying.

My reasons for this go back some 35 years and I am sad that that event happened, however, it taught me a great deal about our life on this planet and I certainly don't waste time worrying. Life is only a game.
    Last edited by Supersub6; 25-03-2020 at 10:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Norder View Post
    had word (again) from a friend who works at the local Hospital - the same I mentioned in an earlier post ( serves 450 thousand) - latest is....the Wards are Empty !
    I don't know how many hospitals there are in Lancashire, but as there are only 78 confirmed cases so far, they're certainly not being stretched at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    I don't know how many hospitals there are in Lancashire, but as there are only 78 confirmed cases so far, they're certainly not being stretched at the moment.
    pray to what ever God we have - it stays that way - Sinkov....but with ops and appointments cancelled - Hospitals only interested in the most severe cases / emergencies....older Folk receiving letters that they should stay confined up for, I think 4 months ?....others missing their freedoms, under each others feet - missing the socializing, venting steam, stuck inside, some alone, the depression of it etc etc.....for many, it "could" get Hot - even before the heat....its brutal - they gone way too far with this....imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Supersub6 View Post

My reasons for this go back some 35 years and I am sad that that event happened, however, it taught me a great deal about our life on this planet and I certainly don't waste time worrying. Life is only a game.
    just stay healthy - and stay safe Sub (& all)...thats all that honestly matters - well, and the next Burnley game - even though, they play like the Pox... .

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    I had a proper Facebook row with a couple of OTT female contributors. One claimed she had been hospitalised and really was at death's door. The other was a nurse who called me "pathetic" for not valuing the NHS "War Effort".

We have had NINE confirmed cases of COVID-19 in Bolton and one octogenarian Boltonian has reportedly sadly passed away with "underlying health issues".

This really does nor come across as a "War Zone" to me. MEDIA. FEAR. PANIC. JOHNSON (phooking useless!)

Norder: You write ,''pray to what ever God we have - it stays that way.''( OK.....At this point those that think or state, ''there is no God.'' Let the 'buck' stop there! No need to read any further, Thank you. Have a nice day.)
    For others? Now let us then now think ,or take our thoughts to ''Something does exist'' ( in short we will call it God !)
    It is said God created everything,then he/it, is creating also this virus ! So then the question. Why? Some Philosophers have said,''Nothing in this world is an accident,everything is an incident!'' So why now this virus? Could there be any lasting effect on our world? Will there be any great changes? or ?
    Just thinking like .........Any thoughts Gentlemen?

Quote Originally Posted by Balanbam00 View Post
    Norder: You write ,''pray to what ever God we have - it stays that way.''( OK.....At this point those that think or state, ''there is no God.'' Let the 'buck' stop there! No need to read any further, Thank you. Have a nice day.)
    For others? Now let us then now think ,or take our thoughts to ''Something does exist'' ( in short we will call it God !)
    It is said God created everything,then he/it, is creating also this virus ! So then the question. Why? Some Philosophers have said,''Nothing in this world is an accident,everything is an incident!'' So why now this virus? Could there be any lasting effect on our world? Will there be any great changes? or ?
    People might actually believe that washing their hands after having a dump is rather a good idea Balan.

Quote Originally Posted by Balanbam00 View Post
    If 'God' did indeed create this virus, maybe it was just because he's a Manchester City fan ?

Page 25 of 301 FirstFirst ... 1523242526273575125 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)