+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 273 of 301 FirstFirst ... 173223263271272273274275283 ... LastLast
Results 2,721 to 2,730 of 3002

Thread: The Corona Virus

I don't ever cough unless I have to wear a mask, the reason being that the mask interferes with my breathing because I only have one nostril which works, therefore, unless I am in an environment which states that I have to wear a mask, I don't wear one.
    In effect, by not wearing one, I seem to be less of a danger to others because I am not coughing out any germs or anything at all.
    I think that I should join confused.com ---perhaps they will tell whether masks are the answer or not.

sinkov --just read your post you forgot to add ----hang it round your chin!

Quote Originally Posted by Supersub6 View Post
    I don't ever cough unless I have to wear a mask, the reason being that the mask interferes with my breathing because I only have one nostril which works, therefore, unless I am in an environment which states that I have to wear a mask, I don't wear one.
    In effect, by not wearing one, I seem to be less of a danger to others because I am not coughing out any germs or anything at all.
    I think that I should join confused.com ---perhaps they will tell whether masks are the answer or not.

sinkov --just read your post you forgot to add ----hang it round your chin!
    If you want to know whether masks are the answer or not Sub, think back to the start of the pandemic, there were daily briefings, live on TV, we were advised on how to avoid catching this deadly disease, by the great and good of the medical and scientific world. Over three months and over 50 hours of advice on live TV and not once were we advised to wear a mask. In fact on two occasions, once by Jenny Harries and once by Professor Van Tam, we were told quite specifically not to wear them, because if they could not be worn correctly, and they could not be worn correctly if in general use by the public, then it would be counterproductive and actually assist the virus to spread.

Then the politicians and media got involved and here we are today, still people walking round signalling their virtue as they protect others, even in the open air and when they're alone in their cars. You know what they say Sub, there's one born every minute.

If you want a real laugh visit our local driving range with me mon ami.

There's about 30 bays all 12 foot apart for obvious reasons, and I guarantee you there will be at least half a dozen eejits swinging away wearing masks.

Did I mention it's out in the open air?

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    If you want a real laugh visit our local driving range with me mon ami.

There's about 30 bays all 12 foot apart for obvious reasons, and I guarantee you there will be at least half a dozen eejits swinging away wearing masks.

Did I mention it's out in the open air?
    My biggest laugh BT was last year in the Langdale Valley in Cumbria, a lone cyclist wearing a mask. I can never make my mind up whether I should be laughing at people like that, or treating them with utter contempt and derision.

Britain’s well-established, pre-Covid pandemic plan, endorsed by Chief Medical Officer Chris Whitty, contains an interesting sentence relating to the wearing of face masks in the community (an intervention the plan did not recommend):

"Although there is a perception that the wearing of facemasks by the public in the community and household setting may be beneficial, there is in fact very little evidence of widespread benefit from their use in this setting. Facemasks must be worn correctly, changed frequently, removed properly, disposed of safely and used in combination with good respiratory, hand, and home hygiene behaviour in order for them to achieve the intended benefit. Research also shows that compliance with these recommended behaviours when wearing facemasks for prolonged periods reduces over time."

"Florida, Center of COVID Mandate Resistance, Has Lowest Infection Levels in U.S.

Florida's coronavirus case rate has dropped to among the lowest in the country as the state's Republican leaders continue to fight vaccine mandates and other measures to combat the pandemic.

The state currently has the lowest count of cases per capita, jointly tied with Georgia and Hawaii at 7 cases per 100,000 people, according to data from The New York Times.

In contrast, California—a state that has enforced some of the strictest mandates in the country, has seen infections on the rise. Experts have explained that states that saw large outbreaks driven by the Delta variant over the summer now see fewer avenues for the virus to spread, thanks to greater numbers of people acquiring immunity after recovering from infections plus those who are vaccinated."

https://www.newsweek.com/florida-cen...levels-1647396

Walk up any Clitheroe street that allows parked cars mon ami and count the well used face masks hanging from the interior front window mirror brackets.
    The lad across the road has been using the same face nappy marked with a Manchester United motif for the last two years, and he does not bother to clean his car either.

"New Zealand man who died of gunshot wound to be recorded as COVID-19 death"

A New Zealand man who died of a gunshot wound is reportedly being tallied as a coronavirus -related death until an investigation is completed. Robert Hart, the 40-year-old who died on Nov. 5 after allegedly being shot in Auckland, tested positive for the coronavirus, according to a report that cited police. "An additional death in Auckland has today been added to the national Covid-19 figures," the New Zealand Ministry of Health said. "This person’s death is subject to a police investigation and the Ministry will not be commenting further on it, at this stage."

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    "New Zealand man who died of gunshot wound to be recorded as COVID-19 death"

A New Zealand man who died of a gunshot wound is reportedly being tallied as a coronavirus -related death until an investigation is completed. Robert Hart, the 40-year-old who died on Nov. 5 after allegedly being shot in Auckland, tested positive for the coronavirus, according to a report that cited police. "An additional death in Auckland has today been added to the national Covid-19 figures," the New Zealand Ministry of Health said. "This person’s death is subject to a police investigation and the Ministry will not be commenting further on it, at this stage."
    I read this morning 11,000 people have died in UK hospitals with COVID-19 who all tested negative when they were first hospitalised.

"Old Bob" the father-in-law is hanging on by a thread. Almost 8 weeks ago he suffered a heavy fall, he was double jabbed just before he fell and was subsequently hospitalised, 2 weeks ago my wife was informed he had COVID-19.

He is now "Nil by Mouth" and struggling to breath. I'm at a loss how to express my anger.

Sorry to hear that BT, on a hopefully more optimistic note, how is your god-daughter ?

Page 273 of 301 FirstFirst ... 173223263271272273274275283 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)