+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 282 of 301 FirstFirst ... 182232272280281282283284292 ... LastLast
Results 2,811 to 2,820 of 3002

Thread: The Corona Virus

What happens when we've had so many mutations we run out of greek letters, do we resort to the storm system, Covid variant Anastasia is sweeping across europe, scientists fear the Boris variant could be even worse.

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    https://twitter.com/i/status/1412710376651821057

Just scroll down until you see Hancock's face and listen to the the truth, the science, on the efficacy of face masks.

Then ask yourself, what changed ?
    as they say - Sinkov, nothing to do with protection.....so the muzzling has to be all about achieving mass compliance through fear and repetition.

Omicron . An Italian film about an alien parasite that takes over a human host.

Control and coercion - it's nothing more and nothing less.

The teachers are insisting on muzzling schoolchildren again, there was the Teacher's Annual Awards dinner last night, hundreds of teachers in attendance, not a mask in sight.

https://twitter.com/RON50N/status/1465074177371693062

"Professor Jim Naismith, Director of the Rosalind Franklin Institute and Professor of Structural Biology at the University of Oxford, has pointed out that, despite England dropping its mask mandate in July while Scotland kept its one in force, there is no evidence of this policy making any difference in the two countries’ infection rates. He writes:

The ONS survey results on prevalence shows that the Scottish and English approach to masking, although formally different since July, has made no meaningful difference to Delta. In both countries very high levels of prevalence have continued for months. Thus the new changes announced are unlikely to have much of an impact if Omicron does indeed spread rapidly."

Of course they know this perfectly well, this new virus will spread and muzzles in shops will not, cannot, stop it, but we're back in Yes Minister territory, 'Something must be done, we have to do something, face masks in shops is something, so we'll do that'.

I can go into the pub mask less, but if I nip into the shop next door I have to put a mask on.

It's Silly Season again.

To be fair to Boris BT, (not easy I know) I still think he's on our side, but the mask morons and lockdown loons in the media are rampaging again, I reckon masks in shops is the least he could do to quieten them down a little, he's chucked them a tiny bone, he knows it's a waste of time but it might keep them off his back for a while, until it becomes obvious this new variant is not going to devastate all known life on the planet. It's just a sop to shut the foam-flecked feckers up for a while.

In todays D M it reads:
    'Head of Moderna warns 'it will be MONTHS' before there is a specific jab to fight Omicron.

But Y-net ,an Israeli newspaper reads.
    https://www.ynetnews.com/health_scie...icle/rymjatqyt

Early data show booster effective against Omicron, health minister says

Health Minister Nitzan Horowitz said on Tuesday that early data show that people who have received the coronavirus vaccine booster shot are well protected against the new Omicron variant.

'

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    To be fair to Boris BT, (not easy I know) I still think he's on our side, but the mask morons and lockdown loons in the media are rampaging again, I reckon masks in shops is the least he could do to quieten them down a little, he's chucked them a tiny bone, he knows it's a waste of time but it might keep them off his back for a while, until it becomes obvious this new variant is not going to devastate all known life on the planet. It's just a sop to shut the foam-flecked feckers up for a while.
    I think you are spot on with this observation mon ami. Why the clamour from Labour to mask up? I really do not get it.

This deadly new variant, guess how many it's killed in SA ?

None.

Guess how may it's put in hospital ?

None.

"The key question is: how severe will illness from Omicron be? The initial information on this front is encouraging. The first South African doctor to report the new variant to the authorities, Dr Angelique Coetzee, has said that what first alerted her was the fact that her patients' ‘symptoms were so different and so mild’. Moreover, South African scientists have said there was no evidence that the variant is causing serious illness, and no hospitalisations have yet been recorded."

Just saying like.

Page 282 of 301 FirstFirst ... 182232272280281282283284292 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)