+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 52 of 301 FirstFirst ... 242505152535462102152 ... LastLast

Thread: The Corona Virus

Wonderful bit on the news about how New Zealand are months ahead of the UK in controlling the virus because they have managed to keep a hold on things. This is a country which, today, has a population of 4,815,341 compared to the ever-open UK which currently has 67,886,011 people in residence.
    Add to that the density of population per square kilometre is 18 in NZ against 281 in the UK --they should be months ahead! Just another UK bashing from the media.

Quote Originally Posted by Supersub6 View Post
    59_60 ---apology accepted and I can understand the confusion --as highlighted by BT's unscrupulous business methods which he has admitted to! Mind you --that last 8 word sentence really creased me up ----you really should be in politics BT!
    They are much to honest for my liking Supersub6!

Quote Originally Posted by Supersub6 View Post
    Wonderful bit on the news about how New Zealand are months ahead of the UK in controlling the virus because they have managed to keep a hold on things. This is a country which, today, has a population of 4,815,341 compared to the ever-open UK which currently has 67,886,011 people in residence.
    Add to that the density of population per square kilometre is 18 in NZ against 281 in the UK --they should be months ahead! Just another UK bashing from the media.
    You may be right Super, but it looks like the UK has the worst per capita death rate in the world, once care home and community deaths are factored in.

Whichever way you look at it, we didn't act quickly enough in the early stages and thousands have paid for it with their lives.

And it is up to you whether you believe the info we are learning today about PPE and testing is true, but the death figures are certainly real.

Personally I blame our Tory government for this corona circus.

I told you all who to vote for, but would you have it? Would you heck.

Attachment 15672

More evidence to back up sinkov's argumentand I know from my daughter-in-law's experience as a GP and practice partner in Sheffield that they are the bane of their life and a big reason that many GPs are retiring!
    We have gone mad in having targets for this and targets for the other when there is no realistic chance of meeting them ---except now that there is a virus around and stopping lots of wasters from going to A&E because they are afraid of the consequences. Good for statistics though because people are seen in much less than the stipulated 4 hours waiting time!

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/a...aken-task.html
    Last edited by Supersub6; 28-04-2020 at 08:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    Never mind bloody drama Balan, the eejits we have running this corona circus of ours went into full "pandemic panic mode" and built a 5000 bed capacity called the "Nightingale Hospital" in London.

Cost to the taxpayer unknown, but twenty million quid probably won't cover it.

Result: 26 patients in the hospital yesterday, Raab says it's a huge success story because we don't need it.

Go figure?
    It's not rocket science really, when this kicked off in Italy their hospitals were overwhelmed, they were running out of beds, I can distinctly remember live interviews on SkyNews, (probably BBC News as well, but I don't know, I don't watch it,) with Italian doctors all saying the same thing to British journos, 'this is coming your way', this was on a daily basis for about a week at least. Our government decided to ensure we did have enough beds to cope, but of course they had no idea how many that would be, they couldn't possibly have the exact number, they would either have too many beds or too few.

In the event it turns out we have the better option of the two, we have too many, but some people have a problem with this. I knew we should never have done away with Grammar Schools.

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    It's not rocket science really, when this kicked off in Italy their hospitals were overwhelmed, they were running out of beds, I can distinctly remember live interviews on SkyNews, (probably BBC News as well, but I don't know, I don't watch it,) with Italian doctors all saying the same thing to British journos, 'this is coming your way', this was on a daily basis for about a week at least. Our government decided to ensure we did have enough beds to cope, but of course they had no idea how many that would be, they couldn't possibly have the exact number, they would either have too many beds or too few.

In the event it turns out we have the better option of the two, we have too many, but some people have a problem with this. I knew we should never have done away with Grammar Schools.
    I think Boris is counting these new "pandemic centres" as part of the hospital building programme he promised in his Election pledge? Was it 6 or 46 he promised? Buggered if I can remember anything that comes out of the Fantasy Factory.

I think Boris is counting these new "pandemic centres" as part of the hospital building programme he promised in his Election pledge? Was it 6 or 46 he promised? Buggered if I can remember anything that comes out of the Fantasy Factory.
    Who knows BT, I long ago stopped taking too much notice of politician's promises, although Boris did promise to get us out of the EU and he delivered on that one, for which the woke Lefty media and the Establishment will never forgive him, but on hospitals the number 40 rings a vague bell, but was it 40 new hospitals or £40 billion for the NHS, who knows, who cares, like you say it's all fantasy anyway.

Personally I blame our Tory government for this corona circus.

I told you all who to vote for, but would you have it? Would you heck.

Attachment 15672
    To be fair to the crusty old goat, his spending plans, derided as lunacy at the time, are now looking miserly compared to the money this lot are chucking around now.

Mystery solved!

The Donald has just said he feels confident the virus came from the Wuhan Institute of Virology, adding that US authorities were "looking at it very, very strongly".

Mind you he thinks quaffing a daily pint of Dettol is a "very, very, good idea" too!

Attachment 15694

Page 52 of 301 FirstFirst ... 242505152535462102152 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)