+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 58 of 301 FirstFirst ... 848565758596068108158 ... LastLast

Thread: The Corona Virus

I never met President Truman, but I was impressed with his saying, "The buck stops here".

the Tories have been responsible for the funding and running of the NHS for the last ten years.

If Hancock said "It's not my fault, the NHS leaders are letting us down" then that would sound like passing the buck. The Government are responsible for all aspects of the NHS, including the chief Medical Officer, PHE and everything else. Ten years should be enough time for them to get it right.

But, to be fair to Matt Hancock, he has always taken responsibility and never passed the buck. He has been in post for almost two years.

He is the third Health Secretary since 2010. The other two were Andrew Lansley (2010-2012) and Jeremy Hunt.(2012-2018).

Quote Originally Posted by 1959_60 View Post
    I never met President Truman, but I was impressed with his saying, "The buck stops here".

the Tories have been responsible for the funding and running of the NHS for the last ten years.

If Hancock said "It's not my fault, the NHS leaders are letting us down" then that would sound like passing the buck. The Government are responsible for all aspects of the NHS, including the chief Medical Officer, PHE and everything else. Ten years should be enough time for them to get it right.

But, to be fair to Matt Hancock, he has always taken responsibility and never passed the buck. He has been in post for almost two years.

He is the third Health Secretary since 2010. The other two were Andrew Lansley (2010-2012) and Jeremy Hunt.(2012-2018).
    So 59_60 the government should also accept the blame for this as well because they have been running the NHS for the lasst ten years -----and this is just in one year!

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/ar...tion-bill.html

Sorry Super, i can't read the attachment, I have been blocked!

Quote Originally Posted by 1959_60 View Post
    Sorry Super, i can't read the attachment, I have been blocked!
    Here is the gist of it, although there is a lot more:-

The NHS's clinical negligence bill surged to £2.4billion last year, figures have revealed.
    Patients sued the health service for £1.4bn in 2018/19 and it had to fork out another billion in legal fees.
    More than half of the payout money went to new mothers who had experienced care failings, despite them only making 10 per cent of the claims.
    And the cost of errors is growing – there were only five more claims than in the previous year but the cost was £137million higher.

Some big claims even reached £20million for a single payout, which would once have been 'unthinkable', one expert warned.
    Annual figures released today by NHS Resolution – the compensation arm of the health service – revealed the scale of lawsuits filed by NHS patients.

There were 10,678 negligence claims made last year, a tiny increase from the 10,673 in 2017/18.

But the cost rose from £2.29bn in 2017/18, which was up from £1.76bn in 2016/17.

Those are eye watering figures Super. The budget for the NHS (set by the Government) is around £137B, widely recognised as being too low.
    So if it is not funded correctly, or the structure is wrong, then it won't be as effective as it should be.
    Also, bear in mind that Social Care is woefully underfunded and this will impact on the NHS too.

But all this doesn't alter the fact that is up to the Government to sort this out - they have the power and responsibility to deliver a decent service.
    If the NHS has shortcomings then the blame should be leveled at the Government.

Just as it should in all aspects of national governance, education, defence etc etc.

No more prevarication. Hancock's Half Hour needs nailing!

Fascinating what you find when you get away from BDS infected media outlets, these are comments from health care professionals under a piece on the HSJ website.

Debjit Chatterjee (May 1st)

"From the experience of working in my hospital as well as speaking to my physician and nursing colleagues in the other hospitals, it looks like that the protective measures taken by the NHS workers during their day to day work in the non ICU/HDU setting have not been adequate. This was probably particularly true in the first 2 weeks of start of rapid transmission. At that stage I noted that the general concept among the junior doctors and nurses and health care assistants was they would all get it and it was a mild illness and so let get it over. There was not even basic PPE (which includes a surgical fluid resistant mask) allowed/advised by our trust in the suspected Covid / non-Covid areas in the first two weeks. From my personal experience I can say that the hospital management also pushed the staff to work with mild/doubtful symptoms as there were not many workers left then to run the usual work in the hospital. I have to say that the health care workers were also not proactive in their approach of self-protection and hospital management did not have any specific plan to protect their staff in clinical and non-clinical areas (like re-arranging the ward space or nursing station to allow more social distancing , restricting number of staff in the can**** or coffee room). Use of masks by the health care workers in non-Covid and non-clinical areas in the beginning was also actively discouraged."

Simon Green (30th April)

"I am currently working on a busy Covid ICU. I wear an FFP3 valved mask, scrubs, full length gown, apron, shoes which are only used in the red zone and replaced each exit/entry, three pairs of gloves (only the outer pair of which are changed between patients while the others are taped on to the gown so they are not accidentally removed), surgical hat and face visor. On exiting the unit I am met by a team of HCSWs who walk everyone through the doffing procedure step by step, supplying alcogel at each stage and making sure you did not contaminate yourself or others. Frankly, I am more concerned about catching Coronavirus on my way to work rather than when I am there."

Anonymous (28th April)

"But but for those staff who 1 have self isolated because of either a family member or themselves have shown symptoms and then down to that person's individual manager of which department they work for then send them to be tested . When that member of staff gets a positive result for covid are they then allowed to continue working ????, system's or no systems if a member of staff has a positive result surly should only be allowed to come back to work after testing neg ???, are they not carrier s ???"

L. Ainsworth (28th April)

" I have seen reports ex in Wales where 50% of staff acquired Covid 19 although the medical staff were clear that everyone wore PPE
    The question which needed to be addressed by audit was how ? Were they worn properly and importantly removed with due care ?
    The newest high tech Hospital opened in Naples following the melt down in services in March stressed these procedures .Special facilities using the latest technology was available for disrobing ,and washing before leaving the unit. Nurses and doctors of course visit supermarkets and mix with family after leaving the hospital. Often carrying laptops and handbags and using cars parked in public car parks. Awareness training was ***** to avoid contamination, but how many Trusts instigated Audit in order to identify weakness in practices known to reduce risk ?"

Jenny Tricket (27th April)

"Certainly in one of the Trusts which has experienced a reported staff death, there is very inconsistent practice re. supporting staff to work from home with some staff being pushed to work in shared office space. Poor guidance by managers on the use of PPE so staff told to use only if patients are showing symptoms forgetting that many service users may have little social contact and that staff are at higher risk of contracting and transmitting the virus to service users and each other. Meanwhile, senior managers all work from home so little idea of what realities are on the frontline."

P Malins (April 24th)

"When my wife returned to work following the change there was no PPE. They had to fight to get it and even though there was stock off the ward they were told they could not have it. It took a number of days and escalation to senior Matrons to get sorted."

And not a single mention of Matt Hancock could I find, they all seemed to feel the problem lay much closer to home, within their own management, NHS managers.

It's all Tomfoolery sinkov, according to our government's classification we should hardly need PPE at all...

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/high-con...-of-covid-19dd

Talk about the blind leading the blind..?

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/spotl...cid=spartanntp

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    Fascinating what you find when you get away from BDS infected media outlets, these are comments from health care professionals under a piece on the HSJ website.

Debjit Chatterjee (May 1st)

"From the experience of working in my hospital as well as speaking to my physician and nursing colleagues in the other hospitals, it looks like that the protective measures taken by the NHS workers during their day to day work in the non ICU/HDU setting have not been adequate. This was probably particularly true in the first 2 weeks of start of rapid transmission. At that stage I noted that the general concept among the junior doctors and nurses and health care assistants was they would all get it and it was a mild illness and so let get it over. There was not even basic PPE (which includes a surgical fluid resistant mask) allowed/advised by our trust in the suspected Covid / non-Covid areas in the first two weeks. From my personal experience I can say that the hospital management also pushed the staff to work with mild/doubtful symptoms as there were not many workers left then to run the usual work in the hospital. I have to say that the health care workers were also not proactive in their approach of self-protection and hospital management did not have any specific plan to protect their staff in clinical and non-clinical areas (like re-arranging the ward space or nursing station to allow more social distancing , restricting number of staff in the can**** or coffee room). Use of masks by the health care workers in non-Covid and non-clinical areas in the beginning was also actively discouraged."

Simon Green (30th April)

"I am currently working on a busy Covid ICU. I wear an FFP3 valved mask, scrubs, full length gown, apron, shoes which are only used in the red zone and replaced each exit/entry, three pairs of gloves (only the outer pair of which are changed between patients while the others are taped on to the gown so they are not accidentally removed), surgical hat and face visor. On exiting the unit I am met by a team of HCSWs who walk everyone through the doffing procedure step by step, supplying alcogel at each stage and making sure you did not contaminate yourself or others. Frankly, I am more concerned about catching Coronavirus on my way to work rather than when I am there."

Anonymous (28th April)

"But but for those staff who 1 have self isolated because of either a family member or themselves have shown symptoms and then down to that person's individual manager of which department they work for then send them to be tested . When that member of staff gets a positive result for covid are they then allowed to continue working ????, system's or no systems if a member of staff has a positive result surly should only be allowed to come back to work after testing neg ???, are they not carrier s ???"

L. Ainsworth (28th April)

" I have seen reports ex in Wales where 50% of staff acquired Covid 19 although the medical staff were clear that everyone wore PPE
    The question which needed to be addressed by audit was how ? Were they worn properly and importantly removed with due care ?
    The newest high tech Hospital opened in Naples following the melt down in services in March stressed these procedures .Special facilities using the latest technology was available for disrobing ,and washing before leaving the unit. Nurses and doctors of course visit supermarkets and mix with family after leaving the hospital. Often carrying laptops and handbags and using cars parked in public car parks. Awareness training was ***** to avoid contamination, but how many Trusts instigated Audit in order to identify weakness in practices known to reduce risk ?"

Jenny Tricket (27th April)

"Certainly in one of the Trusts which has experienced a reported staff death, there is very inconsistent practice re. supporting staff to work from home with some staff being pushed to work in shared office space. Poor guidance by managers on the use of PPE so staff told to use only if patients are showing symptoms forgetting that many service users may have little social contact and that staff are at higher risk of contracting and transmitting the virus to service users and each other. Meanwhile, senior managers all work from home so little idea of what realities are on the frontline."

P Malins (April 24th)

"When my wife returned to work following the change there was no PPE. They had to fight to get it and even though there was stock off the ward they were told they could not have it. It took a number of days and escalation to senior Matrons to get sorted."

And not a single mention of Matt Hancock could I find, they all seemed to feel the problem lay much closer to home, within their own management, NHS managers.
    Hard to imagine that Team England led by Hancock's Half Hour did not put in an immediate, mandatory protocol in place, across all England's hospitals sinkov?

Page 58 of 301 FirstFirst ... 848565758596068108158 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)