+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 61 of 301 FirstFirst ... 1151596061626371111161 ... LastLast

Thread: The Corona Virus

The Government is responsible for funding and the structure of the NHS and for it's performance.

If the NHS has failings in these things then it is the Governments job to sort it out.

PHE and the NHS do the bidding of the Government. They do not decide on how much brass they receive or how the service is deployed. That's up to the Government.

They advise the Government but it is the Government who make these decisions.

That is why there is so much chat at election times around the NHS. "24 hours to save the NHS"

At election time you must decide which political party has the best plan for the NHS, and everything else.

The Government does not deserve a free pass if things that are under their control go wrong. Is the budget sufficient? Is the structure right? Their performance needs scrutinising.

We don't vote for members of PHE or NHS management staffing, we vote for a Government who decide these things.

That's how democracy works in this country.

Quote Originally Posted by 1959_60 View Post
    The Government is responsible for funding and the structure of the NHS and for it's performance.

If the NHS has failings in these things then it is the Governments job to sort it out.

PHE and the NHS do the bidding of the Government. They do not decide on how much brass they receive or how the service is deployed. That's up to the Government.

They advise the Government but it is the Government who make these decisions.

That is why there is so much chat at election times around the NHS. "24 hours to save the NHS"

At election time you must decide which political party has the best plan for the NHS, and everything else.

The Government does not deserve a free pass if things that are under their control go wrong. Is the budget sufficient? Is the structure right? Their performance needs scrutinising.

We don't vote for members of PHE or NHS management staffing, we vote for a Government who decide these things.

That's how democracy works in this country.
    Yes, however, we all know that it is really the Civil Service who run the country and, like everything else, they will only tell the ministers what they want them to know and then, when things may go wrong, they disappear into their shells.

Having been to a lot of meetings at MOD during my time in the RAF, then also listening to my youngest son's take on it when doing the same in a different area of the modern RAF, I can tell you that Yes Minister! was much nearer the mark than many people realise.

When you can go to a meeting relating to policy and you are the only guy there who is actually in, or has been in the Forces, you quickly realise why the Armed Forces function, in spite of whatever government is in power.
    Don't even get me started about the various Ministers who are appointed because they can be Defence Minister one minute and then Education Minister the next and who briefs them? I wonder ------it is not other MPs though!

seems Fergusons been conveniently distanced "again"....

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/202...igns-breaking/

this time putting millions of us in pointless lockdown - the last time with the needless destruction of Millions of Livestock - seems he's their go-to wrecker !

I lived in Cumbria during that madness. It was heart breaking and all for nothing.

Who are we going to hold to account for this tragic waste of taxpayer's money?

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/coron...cid=spartanntp

I've lifted this from the comments section of a piece on the government's handling of the crisis.

"One of the appalling things to come out of this crisis is how little hindsight the government had stockpiled.

Baffling, when supplies were clearly readily available, as one visit to Twitter will demonstrate."

Spot on, 10/10, couldn't have put it better myself.

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    I've lifted this from the comments section of a piece on the government's handling of the crisis.

"One of the appalling things to come out of this crisis is how little hindsight the government had stockpiled.

Baffling, when supplies were clearly readily available, as one visit to Twitter will demonstrate."

I'm not sure where you are going with this sinkov?

We've just ordered 400,000 PPE kits that are totally fu-cking useless.

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post

The point being that, because pandemic influenza is, by the Governments own documentation, the biggest threat to the UK, PPE, testing swabs etc (which are the same kit as used in treating coronavirus) WERE being stockpiled as a defence against it.

You would have to ask the Government why they decided to allow the stockpile to be depleted if the threat level was so high. Apparantly, we actually had zero stock of some v1tal items.
    Doesn't sound like good emergency planning to me.

Nor me 59er and the consequences are obvious.

''We've just ordered 400,000 PPE kits that are totally fu-cking useless.''

This place 'cracks me up ,it really does'.

Page 61 of 301 FirstFirst ... 1151596061626371111161 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)