+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 66 of 301 FirstFirst ... 1656646566676876116166 ... LastLast

Thread: The Corona Virus

Perhaps B T : When its Friday night and we put on a show ,do you think he could fit in somewhere ,say a stand up comedian?

Coronavirus: Israel turns surveillance tools on itself

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-middle-east-52579475

In the fight to contain the coronavirus, Israel's internal security agency - the Shin Bet - was empowered to use covert systems to track people's movements.
    The Shin Bet can access the location data of millions of mobile phone users to trace those who have been in proximity to confirmed patients. Israel credits the system, among other measures, with reducing the rate of infection.
    The agency, now acting as a tool of public health enforcement, is usually tasked with preventing attacks against Israelis and routinely monitors Palestinians in the occupied territories.
    Almost 79,000 people have been sent messages based on the Shin Bet data, the government says.

Quote Originally Posted by Balanbam00 View Post
    Coronavirus: Israel turns surveillance tools on itself

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-middle-east-52579475

In the fight to contain the coronavirus, Israel's internal security agency - the Shin Bet - was empowered to use covert systems to track people's movements.
    The Shin Bet can access the location data of millions of mobile phone users to trace those who have been in proximity to confirmed patients. Israel credits the system, among other measures, with reducing the rate of infection.
    The agency, now acting as a tool of public health enforcement, is usually tasked with preventing attacks against Israelis and routinely monitors Palestinians in the occupied territories.
    Almost 79,000 people have been sent messages based on the Shin Bet data, the government says.
    Big Brother certainly watches you guys Balan.

Is Israel getting closer to some cure?

https://www.jpost.com/health-science...-damage-627806

Bonus BioGroup has completed a preliminary study of a new drug it developed to treat acute and life-threatening respiratory distress in COVID-19 patients. The drug MesenCure, which consists of activated Mesenchymal Stromal Cells (MSCs) that are isolated from the adipose tissue of healthy donors, was found to reduce inflammation, promote the regeneration of the diseased lung tissue and alleviate respiratory and other symptoms in laboratory and animal models.

Last month, the company reported that six critically ill coronavirus patients at three different medical centers in Israel, who were considered high-risk for mortality, had been treated with its placenta-based cell-therapy product and survived.

I did mention this topic in November 2019, but was ridiculed by some.....

I live in Wuhan City, Hubei Province, China. The Province as well as a few others is under Lockdown, i.e cannot leave or enter the Provinces, all public transport , flights and Chinese New Year public gatherings etc. have been suspended. The advice from the Chinese Government is to "Stay indoors, close all windows, do not use A/C, wear a face mask at all times until further notice".
    The reasons that I'm writing this are because I'm bored, being secluded in my room for days and as a warning, if needed, do not come to China for a holiday, work etc. until the virus has been contained, eradicated or a vaccine is developed.
    did mention this topic in November but was ridiculed by some....
    Last edited by map; 14-05-2020 at 02:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by map View Post
    I did mention this topic in November 2019, but was ridiculed by some.....

I live in Wuhan City, Hubei Province, China. The Province as well as a few others is under Lockdown, i.e cannot leave or enter the Provinces, all public transport , flights and Chinese New Year public gatherings etc. have been suspended. The advice from the Chinese Government is to "Stay indoors, close all windows, do not use A/C, wear a face mask at all times until further notice".
    The reasons that I'm writing this are because I'm bored, being secluded in my room for days and as a warning, if needed, do not come to China for a holiday, work etc. until the virus has been contained, eradicated or a vaccine is developed.
    did mention this topic in November but was ridiculed by some....
    You did indeed map and some were making light of it.Not now..but I fear it will be sometime yet before a vaccine becomes available.

What do you find is the general attitude amongst Chinese people.Are they always supportive of the Government?

Silent obedience will destroy us

Dr Vernon Coleman

The great majority of people will not die from this and I’ll just repeat something I said right at the beginning because I think it’s worth reinforcing:

Most people, a significant proportion of people, will not get this virus at all, at any point of the epidemic which is going to go on for a long period of time.

Of those who do, some of them will get the virus without even knowing it, they will have the virus with no symptoms at all, asymptomatic carriage, and we know that happens.

Of those who get symptoms, the great majority, probably 80%, will have a mild or moderate disease. Might be bad enough for them to have to go to bed for a few days, not bad enough for them to have to go to the doctor.

An unfortunate minority will have to go as far as hospital, but the majority of those will just need oxygen and will then leave hospital.

And then a minority of those will end up having to go to severe end critical care and some of those sadly will die.

But that’s a minority, it’s 1% or possibly even less than 1% overall.

And even in the highest risk group this is significantly less than 20%, ie. the great majority of people, even the very highest groups, if they catch this virus, will not die.

And I really wanted to make that point really clearly… .

Chris Whitty. Chief Medical Officer

The Minority Report.[/B]

so - why did they shut down the country (world) again ?

German Doctor, Katrin Korb, discusses Covid19 lockdown

I have stopped caring Norder. We are being played like fools. It's all about control and coercion. Our own government have deliberately in my opinion allowed thousands of geriatrics to die in a targeted operation, while the rest of us are made to queue like sheep going to slaughter. Enough already!

Page 66 of 301 FirstFirst ... 1656646566676876116166 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)