+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 92 of 301 FirstFirst ... 42829091929394102142192 ... LastLast

Thread: The Corona Virus

Small business owners burn stock in protest of restrictions

https://www.ynetnews.com/article/r1BN9nrwD

Dozens of small business owners from the garment industry demonstrated in Tel Aviv on Thursday protesting against lockdown restrictions they say have caused their financial ruin.

Some of the demonstrators set fire to their stock in the middle of the street blocking traffic, as they accused the government of discriminating against them while allowing supermarket chains to sell clothing, toys and books.

Protesters carried signs that read "Pigs go home" and "you are killing us," blaming Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu's government for preferring international online retailors over local businesses trying to survive.

"People are being destroyed," he said. "They have no money to buy food and support their families."

.......que sera sera.

Me and the Child Bride went to Manchester last night to meet some friends for dinner, it's like a ghost town and we then had to lie saying we were all from one household.

The doorman knew we were lying, he almost told us we were lying, but seeing we were the only customers on show, he let us in.

It's nonsense it really is.

Burnley said to be top of the table on the News last night. Liverpool not happy

Quote Originally Posted by oldcolner View Post
    Burnley said to be top of the table on the News last night. Liverpool not happy
    Lol!

Hillingdon has an identical "R" rate to Burnley and it's not even in Tier 1. I wonder why...

Attachment 17169

It’s not R rate they were using Revised table on infection rate we’re 4th

Burnley's infection rate passed the 600 mark for the first time
    The East Lancashire borough has the fourth highest infection rate in England behind Nottingham, Knowsley and Liverpool.

I made a trip into Burnley yesterday. First time I have travelled outside Radcliffe since Lockdown began in March. It was bleak beyond words. Shops closed, pubs closed, cafes closed. I didn’t see a single smile from the people we passed by.This is a New World right but a New World of Utter Misery where we are being told we need even stricter lockdowns. You b*stards. You b*stard politicians and you b*stard scientists. Death is preferable to this you ministers of the New World. Homes families businesses communities lives all destroyed. Perhaps you will plan a beautifully socially distanced graveyard for us all. Flowers withheld please.

Quote Originally Posted by outwoodclaret View Post
    I made a trip into Burnley yesterday. First time I have travelled outside Radcliffe since Lockdown began in March. It was bleak beyond words. Shops closed, pubs closed, cafes closed. I didn’t see a single smile from the people we passed by.This is a New World right but a New World of Utter Misery where we are being told we need even stricter lockdowns. You b*stards. You b*stard politicians and you b*stard scientists. Death is preferable to this you ministers of the New World. Homes families businesses communities lives all destroyed. Perhaps you will plan a beautifully socially distanced graveyard for us all. Flowers withheld please.
    Spot on outwood. It's bleak beyond words. I got reprimanded by OC for saying this Cabal of Conservative and Unionist Cabinet Minister Cretins are sucking the very life out of us.

It's back to lockdown mode, which did not work first time round.

This Cabal of Conservative and Unionist Cabinet Minister Cretins are laying waste to this country and have no conscience about doing it either.

It is what it is ---whatever that is, however, what is the point of being miserable, just get on with life as it is at the moment.
    If it gets better eventually then enjoy it even more, if it doesn't then just get on with it.
    Lots of people are wandering around with miserable faces and moaning on about things ---here's a great idea--- if you are going around doing this, why do you not just stay at home and you can be miserable to your heart's content and stay safe in the process. If you are out, don't moan to me because I am not interested because I don't have a solution to your problem and I admit it!

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    Spot on outwood. It's bleak beyond words. I got reprimanded by OC for saying this Cabal of Conservative and Unionist Cabinet Minister Cretins are sucking the very life out of us.
    And Starmer gets on Boris's back saying he isn't doing enough. Labour want to close everything down, total lockdown, millions put out of work, businesses destroyed, NHS appointements cancelled, cancer screenings cancelled, the economy totally trashed, the full fecking monty. Only Boris and the Tories stands between us and this complete and utter Labour lunacy, and Boris is wobbling like a jelly. God help us.

Page 92 of 301 FirstFirst ... 42829091929394102142192 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)