+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 99 of 301 FirstFirst ... 4989979899100101109149199 ... LastLast

Thread: The Corona Virus

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    Is she 'on the market' so to speak BT, I'm younger than the Donald, and Mrs S is skating on thin ice, buying tins of paint and hinting that the kitchen cupboards are looking a bit shabby as well. I could be persuaded.
    Lol! Sloppy seconds?

Looks like vitamin D is an answer, I’ve been taking it for months.

There are now close to 30 or so studies demonstrating that having optimal blood levels of 25(OH)-vitamin D (75-150 nmol/L) reduces covid-19 risks: reduced risk of infection; reduced risk of severe disease; reduced risk of dying. Many researchers now regard the evidence as ‘overwhelming’. Despite this, there still will be those who say that we need ‘more research’, but in the meantime, there is little to be lost (vitamin D supplements are inexpensive and have low risk of toxicity) and a huge amount to gain by recommending a decent daily dose of vitamin D3 (say 1-2,000 IU for children and 4-5,000 IU for adults).

https://www.bmj.com/content/371/bmj.m3872/rr

Daily Mail Chart shows benefit of higher levels on death rate.

Name:  FBF0E88B-9F7E-46B6-ACBB-853108B98933.jpg
Views: 115
Size:  13.7 KB
    Last edited by oldcolner; 08-11-2020 at 07:17 PM.

Spot on OC, me and Mrs S have just taken our daily dose ten minutes ago. Cheap as chips from Boots Chemist, it's madness not to be swallowing the little white vitamin D pills on a daily basis. And me and OC are by no means mad, whatever you might think. Well OC's not anyway.

Spot on OC, me and Mrs S have just taken our daily dose ten minutes ago. Cheap as chips from Boots Chemist, it's madness not to be swallowing the little white vitamin D pills on a daily basis. And me and OC are by no means mad, whatever you might think. Well OC's not anyway.
    Lol
    Confessions or concessions of a Clitheroe kid. Hope Nigella cooks you something hot!
    We’re on 1000 units, apparently Government suggest up to 4 times that for us oldies. I’ll just have to make up the rest from sunbathing! Lol.

Can anyone explain the difference between the Australian situation and the one in this country?

I am watching the NRL State of Origin match being played in ANZ Stadium in Sydney. This is the second game in the series, the first having been played in Adelaide in a stadium whose capacity is over 80,000 and there were 40,000 allowed in to watch. The game I am watching is in a stadium which holds 83,000 and there are again 40,000 fans inside the ground watching this game.

As far as I am aware, the Australians are no further forward in obtaining a vaccine than we are, however, they have been playing sport for several months now and allowed fans in for the last couple of months under regulations which they drew up.
    What's happening?

Quote Originally Posted by Supersub6 View Post
    Can anyone explain the difference between the Australian situation and the one in this country?

I am watching the NRL State of Origin match being played in ANZ Stadium in Sydney. This is the second game in the series, the first having been played in Adelaide in a stadium whose capacity is over 80,000 and there were 40,000 allowed in to watch. The game I am watching is in a stadium which holds 83,000 and there are again 40,000 fans inside the ground watching this game.

As far as I am aware, the Australians are no further forward in obtaining a vaccine than we are, however, they have been playing sport for several months now and allowed fans in for the last couple of months under regulations which they drew up.
    What's happening?
    They watch it upside down supersub6, you must remember they are "Down Under".

Further madness example: my four year old grandson is self-isolating again (second two week break in 3 weeks) because one of his classmate's parents has tested positive for the virus.

The little fella does not understand why is ten year old sister can go to the same school, but he can't. Neither do I.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    They watch it upside down supersub6, you must remember they are "Down Under".

Further madness example: my four year old grandson is self-isolating again (second two week break in 3 weeks) because one of his classmate's parents has tested positive for the virus.

The little fella does not understand why is ten year old sister can go to the same school, but he can't. Neither do I.
    BT ---I forgot to mention that there is not a mask in sight in the crowd either. At the moment, even Ashington are not allowed to play football and, even when they did, they were only allowed 150 spectators who all had to wear masks, even if you were stood on the terraces with nobody else within 10 yards! Tell me that we are not being controlled!

Quote Originally Posted by Supersub6 View Post
    BT ---I forgot to mention that there is not a mask in sight in the crowd either. At the moment, even Ashington are not allowed to play football and, even when they did, they were only allowed 150 spectators who all had to wear masks, even if you were stood on the terraces with nobody else within 10 yards! Tell me that we are not being controlled!
    I can't tell you that Supersub6, because it is obvious we are being coerced and controlled by an authoritarian right wing, fascist state.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    I can't tell you that Supersub6, because it is obvious we are being coerced and controlled by an authoritarian right wing, fascist state.
    I love a good argument BT, I could start one in an empty room, but the idea that Boris and his retinue of clowns are right-wing fascists is so laughable, (they've even Nationalised children FFS, they're going to feed them all over Christmas,) that I just can't be bothered to take you on.

Good try though

I love a good argument BT, I could start one in an empty room, but the idea that Boris and his retinue of clowns are right-wing fascists is so laughable, (they've even Nationalised children FFS, they're going to feed them all over Christmas,) that I just can't be bothered to take you on.

Good try though
    Blast, I thought that one might get you biting...

Attachment 17435

Page 99 of 301 FirstFirst ... 4989979899100101109149199 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)