+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 301 1231151101 ... LastLast

Thread: The Corona Virus

The Corona Virus

I live in Wuhan City, Hubei Province, China. The Province as well as a few others is under Lockdown, i.e cannot leave or enter the Provinces, all public transport , flights and Chinese New Year public gatherings etc. have been suspended. The advice from the Chinese Government is to "Stay indoors, close all windows, do not use A/C, wear a face mask at all times until further notice".
    The reasons that I'm writing this are because I'm bored, being secluded in my room for days and as a warning, if needed, do not come to China for a holiday, work etc. until the virus has been contained, eradicated or a vaccine is developed.

Feel free to message at any time on this board map as we keep odd hours and there is usually one or more of us awake at any given time. Hope you are ok in Wuhan but it appears from the news that this virus has already escaped from China. Let us hope for everyone’s sake that the situation can be brought under control. Sad this should happen at any time but particularly during the Chinese New Year.

Can you go to work?

Dominating world news at the moment and we understand that the meat market is suspected of being the source.Bat soup or snake is being mentioned but we don't eat a lot of that here as you know.

Good to hear from you,it is always interesting to hear what goes on in different parts of the world.I hope you heard/saw our last two performances.

map ---good to hear from you, although the circumstances could be better.
    I sincerely hope that they manage to contain the virus and get things back to a point when you can live a normal life once again.
    Best wishes and I hope that you manage to stay clean!

Hi, no I can't return to teach at the school in Wuhan. All the schools in Hubei Province have been closed, I have been recalled by the company that I work for CITPC, to Boa An, Shenzen for safety reasons but I have only be able to reserve a train ticket for 11th February....so I will have to stay in my apartment until then....now it feels like a prison cell....it's ok, I have 3 oranges, 2 apples and bottle of water to last untill then....oh, and a can of beer !

Bloody hell map, that sounds horrific. One can of beer to last nearly three weeks!

Hello Map,they interviewed a professor who worked at a college in Wuhan today,he was saying they adviced you to take care when going out by wearing a mask and not shaking hands with peopie.. He didn't seem too bothered by it all. Take care mate.

good to hear news from zero point - Map.....though I do find it a little strange...being that this Cornovirus (crown virus) is "seemingly" something similar to having a bad cold - so closing down the whole of Wuhan Province seems a tad heavy handed - unless this is something else - worse than they're admitting ? - but just going back to one week in December (UK)....472 flu cases - 124 of them in intensive care and 8 deaths....it hardly scratched the news.

can't you take a walk out even ?......is anything open, what do they expect you to do for food, are you talking to your neighbours ?

Cheers - and stay well.

This virus is not similar to a "bad cold", as the CDC report "An outbreak of pneumonia of unknown etiology in Wuhan City".
    As for the "Profeesor" he is/was actually a P.E. teacher as far as I understand. I'd be interested to hear hear his thoughts now.
    When I went to the the train station to check on my ticket status for going to the Bao An area of Shenzen, the station was closed and there were armed guards at the entrance.
    The Chinese Government are not "hiding" anything. The advice is to stay indoors and wear a face mask at all times.
    As I wrote prviously, Wuhan has a population of 11 million....the sreets are almost deserted....I don't think so many people are afraid of catching a cold.
    If you doubt my account, try coming to Wuhan, if you are allowed to, and see for yourself.....but don't forget to bring precautions, face mask...etc.

Quote Originally Posted by map View Post
    This virus is not similar to a "bad cold", as the CDC report "An outbreak of pneumonia of unknown etiology in Wuhan City".
    As for the "Profeesor" he is/was actually a P.E. teacher as far as I understand. I'd be interested to hear hear his thoughts now.
    When I went to the the train station to check on my ticket status for going to the Bao An area of Shenzen, the station was closed and there were armed guards at the entrance.
    The Chinese Government are not "hiding" anything. The advice is to stay indoors and wear a face mask at all times.
    As I wrote prviously, Wuhan has a population of 11 million....the sreets are almost deserted....I don't think so many people are afraid of catching a cold.
    If you doubt my account, try coming to Wuhan, if you are allowed to, and see for yourself.....but don't forget to bring precautions, face mask...etc.
    It sounds a lot more serious than a "bad cold" map. Stay safe...

https://www.theguardian.com/science/...uardianTodayUK

Page 1 of 301 1231151101 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)