+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Charlie on his bike ?

Charlie on his bike ?

Chelsea left-back Ian Maatsen signing on a season long loan, that must be Charlie Taylor on his way surely.

Taylor is way too good for the Championship, and I'm amazed he is still with us!

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    Taylor is way too good for the Championship, and I'm amazed he is still with us!
    We’ve had this scenario the other day , maybe he is back up , but Taylor has been best / consistent performer for some time - I’ll admit I’m amazed no one’s come for him before now.

I’d really liked to have kept Charlie for his experience and I think overlapping wing backs might be the way VK wants to play reading between the lines.

Could be exciting this season - win lose or draw.

I am hoping that that the players being brought in from Chelsea and Man City are potential Premier League players who are not quite there yet.

If so, they could do well in the Championship. Grow and develop whilst bringing some quality and creativity to the side.

With Pieters gone, there is no real cover for Taylor. I’ve not seen any rumours or speculation about his future, so hopefully he will stay and fight for his place.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    I'm amazed Gareth prefers right footed players at left back for England over Charlie, but that's Gareth for you. Charlie copes perfectly well against the best City, Liverpool, Chelsea, Spurs, United etc have to offer, but Gareth thinks the poor lad wouldn't be able to cope against the Italian B team or Hungary and the best Barnsley can offer.

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    I'm amazed Gareth prefers right footed players at left back for England over Charlie, but that's Gareth for you. Charlie copes perfectly well against the best City, Liverpool, Chelsea, Spurs, United etc have to offer, but Gareth thinks the poor lad wouldn't be able to cope against the Italian B team or Hungary and the best Barnsley can offer.
    PLEASE don't get me started on "Take a Knee" Southgate...

Quote Originally Posted by army88 View Post
    We’ve had this scenario the other day , maybe he is back up
    He had 35 starts on loan at Coventry last season, they'd like him back, Feyenoord and Forest are interested as well, he's not coming as back up.

He had 35 starts on loan at Coventry last season, they'd like him back, Feyenoord and Forest are interested as well, he's not coming as back up.
    Cornet is more likely to be off and officially he is a left back.

Quote Originally Posted by ClaretinBudapest View Post
    Cornet is more likely to be off and officially he is a left back.
    Strange one is Cornet, I'd have thought he'd be like Weghorst and be off at the first opportunity, but as BT has said, he's telling the media he's not seeking a move, he's quite happy to stay at Burnley.

I'm assuming his release clause only means we are obliged to let him leave should a club put a bid in at the required level. I'm assuming it doesn't place any obligation on the player to move. So if he wants to stay at Burnley, he can, even if the bid triggers the release clause. Is this the case ?

Strange one is Cornet, I'd have thought he'd be like Weghorst and be off at the first opportunity, but as BT has said, he's telling the media he's not seeking a move, he's quite happy to stay at Burnley.

I'm assuming his release clause only means we are obliged to let him leave should a club put a bid in at the required level. I'm assuming it doesn't place any obligation on the player to move. So if he wants to stay at Burnley, he can, even if the bid triggers the release clause. Is this the case ?
    I hope so-would like to see him play in an attacking team under VK.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)