+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 171 of 301 FirstFirst ... 71121161169170171172173181221271 ... LastLast
Results 1,701 to 1,710 of 3002

Thread: The Corona Virus

Steady on guys, Joelinton is Brazilian, the days of Pele and Garrincha are long, long gone.

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    Steady on guys, Joelinton is Brazilian, the days of Pele and Garrincha are long, long gone.
    I watched him carefully the other day and he is actually twice as bad as Hendrick.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    I watched him carefully the other day and he is actually twice as bad as Hendrick.
    That made me laugh...

Convid project discovered in Hamburg..... .

"The Hamburg Syndrome" (1979), German pandemic

Very prophetic, now get your jab and be a good boy :-)

France just started their 6pm curfew - now this...

Germany is getting tougher policing its quarantine in the country- so much so, it deemed it necessary to threaten violators with a short stint in special Covid jail. It is understood the facility will be based in Dresden, local police authorities have confirmed.

https://www.euroweeklynews.com/2021/...id-dissidents/

it's happened before - the steady drip...drip....drip of dictatorial intimidation - all part of their despotic Great Reset.

Just before Mrs BT got ready for bed, I said if it's fine tomorrow let's have a drive over to Lytham and stretch the legs. Her reply: "Are you mad, that's a £200 fine each for being out of Bolton".

Attachment 18091

Quality of life is now totally phucked, loss of liberty a given and Boris is already hinting the South East will soon be fit enough to leave the lockdown, but the rest of us will stay put.

Attachment 18090

One of my neighbours, two doors away. went into hospital two or three weeks ago for a hip replacement, there were comments at the time that she was lucky it wasn't cancelled. The poor lass was not so lucky really, she was fine when she was admitted to hospital but caught Covid while under the care of the NHS. She died yesterday afternoon.

Not sure whether you could say it's ironic or tragic, she had a 'Thank You NHS' rainbow sticker in her window, it's still there, she was the first on her doorstep on Thursday evenings in summer, banging her pots and pans, but her heroes have seen her off in the end.

Mrs S got an appointment with our GP just before Xmas, it was a minor thing, he said he could treat it or he could get her an appointment at Blackburn Royal, she told him to sort it to the best of his ability, she didn't want to go near Blackburn Royal, yes, best keep away he said.

Very sorry to hear that mon ami.

My 96 year old mother in law spent 7 hours in Lancaster A&E yesterday following a fall here at home. She is OK, and had her first injection in December.
    The staff were very attentive and looked after her. They are doing a hell of a job at the moment under unreal pressure.

I have the greatest admiration for our NHS/care staff.

They are under resourced and under funded in normal times, let alone in a "once in a hundred year" (hopefully) event.

I couldn't do their job anyway. Respect.

Quote Originally Posted by 1959_60 View Post
    Very sorry to hear that mon ami.

My 96 year old mother in law spent 7 hours in Lancaster A&E yesterday following a fall here at home. She is OK, and had her first injection in December.
    The staff were very attentive and looked after her. They are doing a hell of a job at the moment under unreal pressure.

I have the greatest admiration for our NHS/care staff.

They are under resourced and under funded in normal times, let alone in a "once in a hundred year" (hopefully) event.

I couldn't do their job anyway. Respect.
    I was in Clitheroe hospital for a short while at the back end of November 59, I was well looked after, no complaints at all, although their strict observation of the mask guideline did bring it home to me that I was correct to consider their use by the general public to be a waste of time, and even counter-productive, as was the official NHS and WHO view up until June, when they changed their recommendation under political pressure. So I would normally be reluctant to criticise the NHS

But what left me more inclined to be critical was a BBC Radio News broadcast which arrived in my living room a couple of weeks ago. In it an NHS surgeon was saying the general public had 'blood on their hands'.

"He told Radio 5's Rachel Burden it was wrong to blame the surge in cases and deaths on the new variant of coronavirus, which was only "slightly" more transmissible and caused the same symptoms. "It is making me actually very angry now that people are laying the blame on the virus, and it is not the virus, it is people, people are not washing their hands, they are not wearing their masks," he said. 'People will die. And he warned anyone not social distancing or following the rules that they "have blood on their hands".

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-55479018

Apart from the fact that he's spreading mis-information on the BBC about the transmissibility of the new virus, which I thought was verboten, if NHS staff are allowed to point the finger of blame at the general public, then it works both ways surely.

Page 171 of 301 FirstFirst ... 71121161169170171172173181221271 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)