+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 267 of 301 FirstFirst ... 167217257265266267268269277 ... LastLast
Results 2,661 to 2,670 of 3002

Thread: The Corona Virus

I was in a cafe in Pateley Bridge last Friday when I saw my Covid hero. I was so impressed I wanted to go over and shake his hand, but I don't think he would have welcomed that. He came in, smart black mask strapped tightly over his mouth and nose, he sat down, he looked around, picked up the menu and perused it, all the while mask still tightly in place covering his face, and so it remained until his cup of tea arrived. I was in awe, at last I'd seen someone who clearly believed that masks work, all the other maskers I've seen in the last 18 months have taken them off as soon they've sat down, and as they cannot believe that the virus will differentiate between a standing and a sitting victim, they cannot truly believe that the mask offers them protection, or as my hero did, they would keep them on until their scoff arrived......wouldn't they ?

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    I was in a cafe in Pateley Bridge last Friday when I saw my Covid hero. I was so impressed I wanted to go over and shake his hand, but I don't think he would have welcomed that. He came in, smart black mask strapped tightly over his mouth and nose, he sat down, he looked around, picked up the menu and perused it, all the while mask still tightly in place covering his face, and so it remained until his cup of tea arrived. I was in awe, at last I'd seen someone who clearly believed that masks work, all the other maskers I've seen in the last 18 months have taken them off as soon they've sat down, and as they cannot believe that the virus will differentiate between a standing and a sitting victim, they cannot truly believe that the mask offers them protection, or as my hero did, they would keep them on until their scoff arrived......wouldn't they ?
    I suppose the many are just going through the motions - Sinkov....doing enough to not feel apart...feel naughty or disobedient, outlaws risking exclusion etc...there's the fear of course, but as you've noticed, it stops for the nosh ? - though seemingly not for that masked raver - that dudes on another level of deference, likely has an alter he built to covid in his cellar, wears hair shirts and drinks his own pliss....I bet he loves his mask, he be lost without it... perhaps it hides his other.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    If this vaccine works why the f*ck do we still have the problem?

I'm a fairly intelligent guy, I have a Science degree (BSc.Hons.) and the law of diminishing returns says with 90% of adults vaccinated the virus must be running out of customers, so why the continuous fret?

Not sure about the law of diminishing returns but the law of maths says that if 90% of adults have been given a vaccine that claims to be effective in 76% of cases after two jabs then a bunch of people will still be vulnerable.

TBH my maths isn't great so I've rounded it up to a bunch which is 21.6% of a shedload.

Quote Originally Posted by wanderlust View Post
    Not sure about the law of diminishing returns but the law of maths says that if 90% of adults have been given a vaccine that claims to be effective in 76% of cases after two jabs then a bunch of people will still be vulnerable.

TBH my maths isn't great so I've rounded it up to a bunch which is 21.6% of a shedload.
    Go on them Mr Clever Clogs, give us the percentage of "vulnerable" people after they have had their "booster" jab?

This is all you need to know BT, they were never designed to prevent infection and transmission, and they don't.

"Since 18th September, the Daily Sceptic has been reporting on the dismal performance of the Covid vaccines in preventing infection and transmission of the SARS-CoV-2 virus. In its latest report on vaccine efficacy, the infection rate in vaccinated people is more than double the rate in the unvaccinated for the 40-79 age group. In other words, for the 40-79-year age group, you are more than twice as likely to get and transmit Covid if you are vaccinated than if you are not vaccinated. Vaccine (in)effectiveness rises to as high as -124% in the 40-49 age group."

The full story is here.

https://holding-the-line.com/

The most damning sentence from this report mon ami is Gove's admission that, “Once powers are yielded to the state at moments of crisis or emergency, it’s very rarely the case that the state hands them back.”

The most damning sentence from this report mon ami is Gove's admission that, “Once powers are yielded to the state at moments of crisis or emergency, it’s very rarely the case that the state hands them back.”
    Indeed BT, this is the case BUT, while you moan and whinge about Boris, you'll find that his government has handed more powers back than most others, including Scotland and Wales. Just check out what you can and can't do without a Covid Passport in France and Italy for starters, we're lucky here that Boris is PM, if that moron Starmer was in charge we'd all be under house arrest again already

Have you ever read such rubbish?

"Wales had a very successful vaccination programme, it may be that we're seeing the waning impact of that initial vaccination earlier here because of our initial success."

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/uknews/high-covid-cases-in-wales-due-to-early-vaccine-programme-success-first-minister-says/ar-AAQ5wtT?ocid=msedgdhp

How many times do we need affirmation this "vaccine" is next to useless?

Have you ever read such rubbish?

"Wales had a very successful vaccination programme, it may be that we're seeing the waning impact of that initial vaccination earlier here because of our initial success."

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/uknews/high-covid-cases-in-wales-due-to-early-vaccine-programme-success-first-minister-says/ar-AAQ5wtT?ocid=msedgdhp
    It gets even better BT, face masks are still mandatory in Wales, seems like, as Starmer has just found out, they don't work either. You couldn't make it up.

Page 267 of 301 FirstFirst ... 167217257265266267268269277 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)