+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 205 of 301 FirstFirst ... 105155195203204205206207215255 ... LastLast
Results 2,041 to 2,050 of 3002

Thread: The Corona Virus

once again, the corrupt and bias BBC (British Bullshlit Corporation) fail to report the News.

do yourself a kindness, delete the channels.....and better still, dont pay the licence fee.

Obviously haven’t had Covid then, in a world where there a as forest gump said stupid is as stupid does thousands gather without masks and social
    Distancing to protest about a lock down that saved lives - still someone on the rally will know about it now , if they caught it themselves or passed it to others causing more deaths and pressure to the nhs.

Let them all sign a petition names addresses phone numbers and if they contract it or are found to be carrying it - the nhs refuses to treat them.

That’s how stupid , morally and selfish those people are.

I read a rather splendid article yesterday from a world renowned epistemologist army88.

The basic tenet of his argument is any virus will simply weaken and run out of people to infect.

Natural human immunity will fight off the virus, deaths have occurred because the victim does not have the necessary natural immunity to fight off the infection and it seems there is very little hospitalisation can do to halt the infection and risk of death. Hence the high death rates following hospital admission.

I still think "Herd Immunity" was the way forward with social distancing and staying home when possible. The incontrovertible truth is "Lockdowns don't work!

Professor Robert Dingwall, member of the government advisory group NERVTAG, talking to Rachel Burden on BBC Radio 5 on Friday morning,

"Robert (5:03): Well probably the only social distancing measure that’s had a real impact has been working from home, for the rest the evidence is very equivocal.

Rachel (5:12): Including masks in your view?

Robert (5:15): Including, including masks. I mean the science around that is very uncertain, there is weak evidence that there might be a small benefit but then there’s other evidence which points to problems short term and long term. It’s always been one of those things that’s, to some extent been if you like a demonstration that something is being done. It’s what the psychologists call an action bias. The pressure on governments to do something in this crisis. A lot of the stuff around masks and social distancing has been very much in that order. We should see, we should see a decline. There are times and places where it’s useful but in these, in many of these general situations, many outdoor situations, even a considerable number of indoor situations, they’ve, they’ve never been of great value. But the messaging has been important in continuing to promote awareness of the general level of risk in the population."

'the science is very uncertain.'
    'a demonstration that something is being done.'
    'It’s what the psychologists call an action bias.'
    'A lot of the stuff around masks and social distancing has been very much in that order.'
    'they’ve never been of great value.'
    'But the messaging has been important.'

Just occasionally the official masks slips and you get a glimpse of what it's really all about, and it's precisely what some of us on here have been saying all along. I am gobsmacked though that the BBC has allowed this out on it's airwaves, if I was Rachel I'd be fearful for my job.

I was watching the Giro from Italy yesterday, there was a mountain top finish and the camera panned away from the race to show some of the magnificent local scenery, There was a ski-lift nearby, and they focused in on three people being transported, way above the madding crowds, to the top of the mountain, one man and his two kids. The man and one of his children had masks hung around their necks, the other child, probably 8/10 years old was fully masked up. In splendid isolation, hundreds of feet up in the air, close to the top of a mountain, a child wearing a muzzle.

I just felt so sad.

Quote Originally Posted by army88 View Post
    Obviously haven’t had Covid then, in a world where there a as forest gump said stupid is as stupid does thousands gather without masks and social
    Distancing to protest about a lock down that saved lives - still someone on the rally will know about it now , if they caught it themselves or passed it to others causing more deaths and pressure to the nhs.

Let them all sign a petition names addresses phone numbers and if they contract it or are found to be carrying it - the nhs refuses to treat them.

We can disagree army, as we most certainly do, about the efficacy of lockdowns and face masks, but that for me is not the point here. What is concerning to me, is why the BBC, our national broadcaster, chooses to ignore these demonstrations, surely it's their remit to report the news, not censor it ?

Quote Originally Posted by army88 View Post

it just so happens.....Army, that we have very good friends who live in London, not layabouts or so called "hippies", and very caring thoughtful individuals they are too, in fact, if I was stuck on a desert Island, they'd be top of my list to be marooned with, I could trust them implicity.
    They, have taken part in every single protest against lockdown, have never worn masks or had the "Injection", They, have not caught this "covid" nor has any that they know of. Now, for the sake of argument, lets say there's some really nasty bug going around, don't you think these millions upon millions around the world that have openly and together repeatedly voiced their discontent....would have noticed something to persuade them otherwise ?.....So what does that tell us, it tells me, that just as Whitty told us those many months ago, the overwhelming majority have nothing to fear (other than fear iteslf), that only a tiny percentage with ongoing health conditions and age related weakened immunity have anything to worry about, just as ever.
    And one other thing, that I keep having to repeat...the Jab (so we're told) is to boost the immune system, and as the NHS tell us in their leaflet, It doesn't stop anyone from catching "it".....you have to contract it to build an immune response ffs !

Cheers, and be welll.

We had a rather splendid dinner in our favourite Indian restaurant last night.

Anaz in Darwen was almost full of unleashed, unmasked diners, the food was excellent, the atmosphere better than amiable, but the overwhelming feeling was that us diners had been finally set free from this lockdown bollox.

The smiles were genuine and people were actually being nice to each other. Happy days!

Newspaper headline.

"People who refuse vaccine are selfish, says Lord Lloyd Webber"

That's the level of journalism we can expect I suppose. Really, who gives a FF what the noble lord says or thinks.

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    Newspaper headline.

"People who refuse vaccine are selfish, says Lord Lloyd Webber"

That's the level of journalism we can expect I suppose. Really, who gives a FF what the noble lord says or thinks.
    I have noticed a very serious "ramp up" in the propaganda war in the last couple of days sinkov.

Make no difference whatsoever to me, because I ain't having it.

Page 205 of 301 FirstFirst ... 105155195203204205206207215255 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)