+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 264 of 301 FirstFirst ... 164214254262263264265266274 ... LastLast
Results 2,631 to 2,640 of 3002

Thread: The Corona Virus

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    One of our near neighbour's dad is in hospital in Salford and he can have one daily designated visitor who must abide by COVID-19 restrictions.
    My father-in-law is in hospital in Bolton and he cannot have any visits whatsoever because of COVID-19 restrictions.
    Both are mainline NHS hospitals who should operate under national guidelines I would imagine.
    My wife is asking why the difference - but is not getting an answer.
    It's not ending is it BT, we have a twice deferred Ferry booking for next June, Portsmouth - St Malo, Macron has already extended Emergency Powers in France until next July, I've told Mrs S to forget France, I know now we won't be going. Despite there not having been an emergency here for months, our spineless MPs will be voting through an extension of Emergency Powers here as well. They have us by the short and curlies, and as was predicted, they're in no mood to let go.

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    It's not ending is it BT, we have a twice deferred Ferry booking for next June, Portsmouth - St Malo, Macron has already extended Emergency Powers in France until next July, I've told Mrs S to forget France, I know now we won't be going. Despite there not having been an emergency here for months, our spineless MPs will be voting through an extension of Emergency Powers here as well. They have us by the short and curlies, and as was predicted, they're in no mood to let go.
    Sad but spot on mon ami. Our Fuerteventura trip in May has gone down the crapper because of my point blank refusal to be jabbed. Mrs BT is far from happy and don't even mention our annual German Xmas Market trip.

The measles vaccine lasts forever. The chickenpox vaccine is good for as long as 20 years. The DTaP (diphtheria, tetanus and pertussis) requires five doses before the age of seven, but then it offers protection for at least 10 years.
    So why do we assume that we will have to get a shot of the coronavirus vaccine every six months or year?
    There are reasons why individuals might need a COVID booster at least every year, but also some reasons why the third shot may, in fact, be our last.

The first reason we might need a fourth (or fifth or sixth) shot is because of the decay of our own antibodies and immune response, explained Dr. Oren Kobiler of Tel Aviv University’s Sackler Faculty of Medicine.
    Recent studies have shown that the Pfizer coronavirus vaccine wanes after four to six months, making individuals more prone to infection. A booster dose does exactly what its name implies: It boosts our antibodies, offering greater protection against the virus.

Another reason we might need repeated shots is due to variants, or what is known in scientific terms as “antigenic drift.” If the virus is always changing, then our vaccines will need to be updated to protect against the latest threat.
    Some viruses, such as polio, measles and mumps, do not change a lot, hence the vaccines continue to be effective. In contrast, influenza changes every year, so people receive a new flu vaccine to protect against it.
    “The vaccine is the protection,” said Prof. Meital Gal Tanamy, head of the Molecular Virology Lab at Bar-Ilan University’s Faculty of Medicine. “The period of protection is dependent on the vaccine and the virus.”

“A variant is a virus that contains mutations, and if it has evolutionary advantages, it can take over in the population,” she said, adding that this is what happened with the Delta variant. “The other question is how effective against these variants the vaccines we have will be.”
    Coronavirus is an RNA virus, which means it changes. However, its mutation rate is three to four times less compared with the influenza virus, which is good news for vaccine makers, Gal Tanamy said.
    Another thing to consider is how good the immune response really is that is induced by the vaccine.
    “If the purpose of a vaccine is to prevent infection, then it needs to lead to the creation of a good memory cell response – B cells and T cells that are cells induced by the vaccine but that stay in our body,” Gal Tanamy said. “If a person becomes infected, these cells are activated and can create a fast and good response against the pathogen, which is why we do not get sick if we are vaccinated.”
    The question then is whether or not we get a good memory response with the vaccines that we have.
    Recent papers have shown that even as neutralizing antibodies wane, the vaccine still has a good memory response.

So, why take the booster then?

Because, Kobiler said, the booster is not only stopping serious disease, it is also aimed at halting infection – a high bar for a vaccine.
    “Most vaccines are used to prevent serious infection and not any infection,” he said. “Here we are asking the vaccine to prevent any and all disease, to prevent the infection from spreading.
    “Most people in the world don’t need the booster shot to prevent them from getting serious disease, but they do need it to prevent them from getting corona and spreading it to other people.”
    Gal Tanamy stressed that even people with two shots are “still very much protected from severe disease” because of their memory cells.
    But there are also reasons to believe that this third shot could be the last.

There are also scientists who believe that like previous coronaviruses, the pandemic will eventually become endemic and less severe, and the need to vaccinate will soon become unnecessary, Kobiler added.
    Finally, each booster sparks a better immune response, both in terms of quantity and quality of antibodies than the one before, Gal Tanamy said. The immune response becomes “more specific” and the antibodies “more efficient,” she said.
    So, will we or won’t we need to vaccinate against COVID for life?

“Only time will tell,” Kobiler said.

It it was a vaccine I might take some notice but seeing that it isn't, I won't.

"“Most people in the world don’t need the booster shot to prevent them from getting serious disease, but they do need it to prevent them from getting corona and spreading it to other people.”

It's the complete opposite with Covid vaccines in this country, they offer very good protection against serious illness and death, but virtually no protection at all against infection. This is not my opinion or guesswork, it's shown clearly by NHS and PHE stats issued on a weekly basis.

Despite there not having been an emergency here for months, our spineless MPs will be voting through an extension of Emergency Powers here as well. They have us by the short and curlies, and as was predicted, they're in no mood to let go.
    They didn't even bother voting on it this time, just nodded it through, 'Can we have another six months of doing just as we like without consultation or scrutiny please ?" Of course you can, the Ayes have it, the Ayes have it.

Democracy my arse.

They didn't even bother voting on it this time, just nodded it through, 'Can we have another six months of doing just as we like without consultation or scrutiny please ?" Of course you can, the Ayes have it, the Ayes have it.

Democracy my arse.
    I've waved the white flag, unconditional surrender sinkov but I still ain't having the jab. F*ck 'em.

Look at 'em, fecking $cumbags, not many more than a dozen of them could even be bothered to turn up and wait for the vote, so few of them they didn't even have a vote.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-pHX...nel=OldQueenTV
    Last edited by sinkov; 20-10-2021 at 08:20 PM.

the democratic deception - fittingly revealed.

EU PARLIAMENT OPPOSES VACCINE MANDATE AGENDA

Page 264 of 301 FirstFirst ... 164214254262263264265266274 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)