+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 74 of 301 FirstFirst ... 2464727374757684124174 ... LastLast

Thread: The Corona Virus

Quote Originally Posted by barrie_burn View Post
    They are politicians,what are you expecting? Business people with brains,medical experts and economists etc etc get a proper job.
    I give up barrie, I really do!

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    It was announced yesterday that only 1 person in 1,700 now has the virus, but we're still in lockdown, being forced to wear muzzles on public transport.

We truly live in a lunatic asylum.
    Posted the above on the 23rd June, we're now coming gradually out of lockdown but we still have to wear muzzles on public transport. The sheer lunacy of this policy is illustrated by the Government's own advice on face coverings, in their guidance for the opening of pub, restaurants etc, also published on June 23rd.

6.1 Face coverings states,

"The evidence suggests that wearing a face covering does not protect you, but it may protect others if you are infected but have not developed any symptoms."

"It is important to know that the evidence of the benefit of using a face covering to protect others is weak and the effect is likely to be small."

So wearing a muzzle on public transport will not protect you from contracting the virus, which means the 1,699 people who don't have the virus are wasting their time, the muzzle won't protect them should they come into contact with the one person in 1,700 who does have it. The only person who can derive any benefit from wearing one is the one in 1.700 who does have it, it may help prevent him giving it to someone else, but probably not, 'the evidence is weak and the effect likely to be small'. And that figure of 1 in 1,700 is now well out of date, the incidence of the virus is falling, it may be 1 in 2,000 now, 1 in 3,000, maybe more, I don't know, but nevertheless trains and buses criss cross the land with thousands of people dutifully wearing their face nappies. Could someone tell me why ?

Sinkov I know you love these Tory lunatics, but we can now go to France and Spain, but not Portugal, which has better track record of dealing with COVID-19 than the former two. Air bridges my arse!

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    Sinkov I know you love these Tory lunatics,
    Boris is possibly the only politician who can get us out of the EU, Mrs T got this country off it's knees and back on it's feet, the Tory party itself can vanish tomorrow for me, and I'm struggling to think of any other Tory politician I've much time for, except the Ribble Valley's own Nigel, sound on Brexit and a good lad, I like him.

OK ?

Posted elsewhere but worth a repeat;

I saw Blow Job at his contact twestin/trading? contract conference yesterday. He is either permanently pissed or simply bloody awful at his job. Either way, this sh-itfest is now well out of hand.

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    Posted the above on the 23rd June, we're now coming gradually out of lockdown but we still have to wear muzzles on public transport. The sheer lunacy of this policy is illustrated by the Government's own advice on face coverings, in their guidance for the opening of pub, restaurants etc, also published on June 23rd.

6.1 Face coverings states,

"The evidence suggests that wearing a face covering does not protect you, but it may protect others if you are infected but have not developed any symptoms."

"It is important to know that the evidence of the benefit of using a face covering to protect others is weak and the effect is likely to be small."

So wearing a muzzle on public transport will not protect you from contracting the virus, which means the 1,699 people who don't have the virus are wasting their time, the muzzle won't protect them should they come into contact with the one person in 1,700 who does have it. The only person who can derive any benefit from wearing one is the one in 1.700 who does have it, it may help prevent him giving it to someone else, but probably not, 'the evidence is weak and the effect likely to be small'. And that figure of 1 in 1,700 is now well out of date, the incidence of the virus is falling, it may be 1 in 2,000 now, 1 in 3,000, maybe more, I don't know, but nevertheless trains and buses criss cross the land with thousands of people dutifully wearing their face nappies. Could someone tell me why ?

I had to visit my GP a few weeks ago. I needed some anti-biotics to clear an infection up. The process was OK, the unmasked receptionist was really finicky about where I should stand to get the hand gel and where to sit waiting for the doctor.

Few minutes later this bloody space suited doctor appears seemingly ready to jump on Apollo 25. I followed him in, he passed me a face mask prescribed the prescription and off I popped to the in-house pharmacy.

I found ten unmasked pharmacists, eight or nine people waiting for prescriptions almost sat on each others knees and a couple of infants tear arsing around.

I got my prescription fairly quickly, went to the counter to collect it and asked why no social distancing or face masks and the young lass said, "the government have no idea what they are on about"! I chuckled and left.

That young lass is absolutely spot on, as we both well know.

Apparently Bedford is on the list of towns likely to be locked down again, 42 people in 100,00 has the virus and this is causing concern. Bedford has a population of around 170,000 so around 60 people may be infected in Bedford. The last figure I saw was from New York where they reckon the mortality rate is 0.28%, so the chances of even one person out of those 60 in Bedford dying is extremely remote. And we're destroying the economy for this.

Truly we live in a lunatic asylum.

I'm at a loss sinkov, my only conclusion is this is a dummy run to see just how much the sheep will be allowed to be controlled and coerced.

From what I am seeing, the flock is getting ready to turn nasty.

If it wasn't for the fact that our politicians have a record of incompetence and stupidity BT, I'd think there was something else in play here. Maybe there is, whatever, it's all very strange, not much of it makes any sense at all.

Page 74 of 301 FirstFirst ... 2464727374757684124174 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)