+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 122 of 301 FirstFirst ... 2272112120121122123124132172222 ... LastLast
Results 1,211 to 1,220 of 3002

Thread: The Corona Virus

You should have a word with Matt Hancock.

Imagine the brass we would save if we binned the NHS.

Same argument for abolishing the fire service too.

Why waste time and money saving people who are going to die anyway?

But if you don't mind, we won't put that in our coalition manifesto

Quote Originally Posted by 1959_60 View Post
    Well, I'm just glad that you opted for a job putting fires out instead of a medical career.

And, yes. I reckon that I have finally cracked the Elixir of Life. Give us £50 and I'll pop some in the post
    Sinkov starts more fires on here than he puts out in real life, though he can put out a few madders as well! Lol

Well said 59
    How many people die in fires - 318 a year.
    Why all this fire prevention expense and all these firefighters sat waiting for something to happen all over the country, desperate to wear masks and get their equipment out.
    Why do we need a fire service, everywhere for that number?
    Much less effective than a vaccine!!!

Lol Just using your arguments against you sinkov.
    Last edited by oldcolner; 04-12-2020 at 11:46 PM.

I was just checking for the number of deaths due to fires OC, thanks for finding it.

Less than one a day.

Difficult to justify the expense of the Fire Service if you are being critical of trying to save covid deaths, when many more people died of it today than in the whole of 2018-19 in fires.

Quote Originally Posted by Supersub6 View Post

However, nobody has answered my question about whether or not I would have become a Covid statistic if something drastic had happened. Meanwhile, I shall remain in my usual delirious state of mind and I still believe that ---if you are going to get it ---you will and --- if not ---you won't. It really is quite simple although I think that the fear factor has won with many people who flinch if you say good morning to them! It's a daft old world, particularly if you let them get to you!

that you would have become a Covid statistic ?...its quite likely - Sub....being as the Governments weekly figures for Deaths where COVID-19 was mentioned on the death certificate, applies to code ICD-10 U07.1 and U07.2...meaning, the emergency ICD-10 code of ‘U07.1 COVID-19, virus identified’ is assigned to a disease diagnosis of COVID-19 confirmed by laboratory testing. which, as we know...is flawed and could easily give you a false positive result.....or the emergency ICD-10 code of ‘U07.2 COVID-19, virus not identified’ is assigned to a clinical or epidemiological diagnosis of COVID-19 where laboratory confirmation is inconclusive or not available....that arbitrary diagnosis - also says you could have become another Convid stat...best look for a bent Doctor, slip them a few quid to - tell the truth, am sure there's lots of them out there

With that Fear factor - I think you answered an earlier question from Sinkov - "it's almost as if some people just want to believe it, but why"....some twisted physiological response perhaps, the more we think for ourselves the less we're swayed or seek satisfaction through irrational stimulus....all that dumbing down ?

Amygdala hijack

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amygdala_hijack

I was just checking for the number of deaths due to fires OC, thanks for finding it.

Less than one a day.

Difficult to justify the expense of the Fire Service if you are being critical of trying to save covid deaths, when many more people died of it today than in the whole of 2018-19 in fires.
    I would prefer a good dose of COVID-19 in preference to being stuck on the fourth floor of our Manchester office with a blaze raging across the bottom two floors, with no firemen on hand to put it out.

Less than one a day.

Perhaps the number that die in fires is really irrelevant, perhaps we should be considerng how many people do not die in fires because we have an efficient fire and rescue service operating where it needs to do.
    Meanwhile we have 60,000+ purportedly dying from a virus which they are goig to treat with a virus with a confirmed 0% success rate in this country because nobody has had it!

Perhaps the number that die in fires is really irrelevant, perhaps we should be considering how many people do not die in fires because we have an efficient fire and rescue service operating where it needs to do.

Well said sir. My mum and dad were saved from catastrophe because the Accrington Fire Brigade had installed free fire alarms in their bungalow.

Mum had fallen asleep and left the chip pan on, the alarm went off and my dad put it out with the Fire Brigade's recommended fire blanket.

Phew!

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    You've lost me mon ami, why are you talking about binning the NHS and abolishing the Fire Service ?
    I'll try again 59, why are you talking about binning the NHS and abolishing the Fire Service ? All I said was that a disease that kills less than 1% of those infected by it cannot be described as deadly, fairly uncontentious, just stating the bleedin obvious really, and off you go. You been on the razz again ?

Quote Originally Posted by oldcolner View Post
    Well said 59
    How many people die in fires - 318 a year.
    Why all this fire prevention expense and all these firefighters sat waiting for something to happen all over the country, desperate to wear masks and get their equipment out.
    Why do we need a fire service, everywhere for that number?
    Much less effective than a vaccine!!!

Lol Just using your arguments against you sinkov.
    Which argument was that OC ? As far as I'm aware I haven't been arguing with anyone, just saying that a virus that kills less than 1% of those infected cannot be described as deadly. Not an argument at all, just a stating the bleedin obvious.

Page 122 of 301 FirstFirst ... 2272112120121122123124132172222 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)