+ Visit Leeds United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 24 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Brilliant

Brilliant

This is my thoughts tonight, having been at the game please believe me the players all of them were awesome, Scumwall scored early unexpectedly then a dubious penalty, ( couldnt see properly from where i was).

Forget all that even in the first half we played very good football, but hitting the net as per usual eluded us.

Second half what can i say again brilliant each and every player, I hear people saying Klich isnt the same player he was well let me tell you he was awesome tonight as was Pablo, infact i cant criticise anyone, i was confident we would keep creating, Bamford how bad is he according to some, take your words back a least until end of the season.

Much needed win, in my opinion not only that as much as it doesnt look this way we battered and dominated Scumwall till the end, reason i say that is because they went 2 up,

I briefly have seen the match day thread well what can i say, eat humble pie some of you, makes me wonder if you are really Leeds fans. MOT ALWAYS

Bit offensive that last comment.

No f*cking need for it pete.

Quote Originally Posted by Rev72 View Post
    Bit offensive that last comment.

No f*cking need for it pete.
    Ok i will rephrase it Rev, people know who they are, Why do you need to take it personally.

Fair enough Pete. Comments were justifiable at half time though.
    Pretty sure 99% are Leeds fans and with all the pains to prove it.
    Let’s enjoy a great win and the kickstart of our season again.
    Hope you don’t fall of your high horse.

MOT.

Quote Originally Posted by pete1967b View Post
    This is my thoughts tonight, having been at the game please believe me the players all of them were awesome, Scumwall scored early unexpectedly then a dubious penalty, ( couldnt see properly from where i was).

Forget all that even in the first half we played very good football, but hitting the net as per usual eluded us.

Second half what can i say again brilliant each and every player, I hear people saying Klich isnt the same player he was well let me tell you he was awesome tonight as was Pablo, infact i cant criticise anyone, i was confident we would keep creating, Bamford how bad is he according to some, take your words back a least until end of the season.

Much needed win, in my opinion not only that as much as it doesnt look this way we battered and dominated Scumwall till the end, reason i say that is because they went 2 up,

I briefly have seen the match day thread well what can i say, eat humble pie some of you, makes me wonder if you are really Leeds fans. MOT ALWAYS
    We saw what we saw Pete. Not sure it benefits any of us to shovel humble pie in any direction. Pundits and fans alike were all of the same view, we saw two very different teams made up of the same players playing the two halves, and only they will know why. 70% possession counts for nothing if you don't score, and we didn't, but coming out and demolishing Millwall in the second half was all we would have asked for.

I suspect that most would agree that making our (or at least the players) lives hard seems strangely masochistic, but that also seems to be what we do, its a "Leeds thing". The club is bigger than its players, bigger than its owners, bigger even than those who are fortunate enough to attend games at ER where tens of thousands of fans would walk over hot coals to see their team vanquish all opposition.

I'm often called for going against the grain, but occasionally there are performances like tonights, a game quite distinctly of two halves , where all the contradictions of Leeds United are laid bare, and the more glorious for it, long may it continue

Aye, was kinda thinking like Rev TBH. Then again, Bamford proved us wrong. However, you could not bet on him doing it in next couple of games. The lack of consistency is the cause of annoyance and frustration. Fair play to him tonight though.

Quote Originally Posted by pete1967b View Post
    Ok i will rephrase it Rev, people know who they are, Why do you need to take it personally.
    Just don't think its called for pete..kind of takes a bit of the joy away from being proved wrong.
    We will all gladly eat humble pie and enjoy it after tonight..I will have a large slice.

Quote Originally Posted by BelfastAndy View Post
    Aye, was kinda thinking like Rev TBH. Then again, Bamford proved us wrong. However, you could not bet on him doing it in next couple of games. The lack of consistency is the cause of annoyance and frustration. Fair play to him tonight though.
    So then my little Irish ball licker...who is having the largest slice of this delicious humble pie
    Last edited by Rev72; 28-01-2020 at 10:51 PM.

Is it just me or did it looked like bamford tripped and fell and the ball bounced off his head on the game winner?

There keep was brilliant or we would have had 3 or goals than we did. The ref was brilliant for them. Although he did not send off pablo on the yellow.

Costas run and shot off the crossbar was really good. looks like he may be coming into his old form

Anyway all is forgiven

Always a pleasure to beat them vile b@stards

MOT

Page 1 of 24 12311 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)