+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Charlton Athletic v Barnsley Match Thoughts

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Charlton Athletic v Barnsley Match Thoughts

Make or break game for me , if we can win the game then obviously it will give the whole club a huge boost as we look to chase down the South London club .

One win in 17 games clearly shows Charlton are going entirely the wrong way after a very good start to the season .

A draw would be a better result for Charlton and an opportunity missed by ourselves .

If we lose the game it's difficult to see how we can come back from that and it could well be a fatal blow .

We hang by a thread not helped by a totally underwhelming transfer window .

If we score 4 or 5 I can see us scraping a win. But we'll have to have our shooting boots on to offset the mistakes, which are numerous and repeated over and over.

Quote ! Struber says in today's Chronicle , we will win ? Morais 2 ? Why doesn't he wear any BFC outfits ? He looks like a tramp , jeans , old coyit , wooly hat , far from the Clarke era , when he introduced smart wear to look more professional , seems like they don't give a chuff down theer , " if you can't play well ? Always look the part "

Wiv lost three arta last four league games and on each occasion Struber ez predicted a win (which you would expect) but after the defeat he has said "That was not my team out there. They did not play the way I expected, the Struber way".
    Struber may look like Compo on Last of the Summer Wine on the touchline but we need Nora Batty to gi players a thump on their arses wi her brush to shek 'em up.

Al not get image of Compo, Cleggy and Foggy arta mi mind nar when I see Struber and his two Assistants standing on touchline
    Last edited by SBRed48; 01-02-2020 at 09:21 AM.

I'm not comfortable with Struber just something not chiming with me .

There are people in the technical area historically who you feel are the right fit at that particular time .

Andy Ritchie , Danny Wilson part one , Hecky and Stendel .

Struber is somewhere between Paul Hart and Morais for me personally .

His interviews actually bore me to death .

It is **** or bust today. We need a performance like the one against Huddersfield at home. However, if we play like we did against PNE and Pompey, then we are doomed. Let's hope they show some fight

I see where your coming from Animal re Struber, i cant take to the bloke , I'm not sure how long his contract is for ? I doubt he will be here very long ,
    todays game , not sure how many Reds are making the trip , but reports suggest Charlton have almost sold out the home ends ,
    my last visit there was years back , Kim Christenson ? Scored late on for a 1-1 draw , never played for us again after that

I think we have sold over a thousand tickets

Predictable starting XI today Walton on the bench no Collins

Quote Originally Posted by Barnsley Chop View Post
    Predictable starting XI today Walton on the bench no Collins
    Struber has few other choices other than his preferred First XI. Very thin on quality beyond this eleven and a few of these "chosen ones" are not Championship quality. God forbid if we get one or two injuries.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast