+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Charlton Athletic v Barnsley Match Thoughts

Charlton Athletic v Barnsley Match Thoughts

Make or break game for me , if we can win the game then obviously it will give the whole club a huge boost as we look to chase down the South London club .

One win in 17 games clearly shows Charlton are going entirely the wrong way after a very good start to the season .

A draw would be a better result for Charlton and an opportunity missed by ourselves .

If we lose the game it's difficult to see how we can come back from that and it could well be a fatal blow .

We hang by a thread not helped by a totally underwhelming transfer window .

If we score 4 or 5 I can see us scraping a win. But we'll have to have our shooting boots on to offset the mistakes, which are numerous and repeated over and over.

Quote ! Struber says in today's Chronicle , we will win ? Morais 2 ? Why doesn't he wear any BFC outfits ? He looks like a tramp , jeans , old coyit , wooly hat , far from the Clarke era , when he introduced smart wear to look more professional , seems like they don't give a chuff down theer , " if you can't play well ? Always look the part "

Wiv lost three arta last four league games and on each occasion Struber ez predicted a win (which you would expect) but after the defeat he has said "That was not my team out there. They did not play the way I expected, the Struber way".
    Struber may look like Compo on Last of the Summer Wine on the touchline but we need Nora Batty to gi players a thump on their arses wi her brush to shek 'em up.

Al not get image of Compo, Cleggy and Foggy arta mi mind nar when I see Struber and his two Assistants standing on touchline
    Last edited by SBRed48; 01-02-2020 at 09:21 AM.

I'm not comfortable with Struber just something not chiming with me .

There are people in the technical area historically who you feel are the right fit at that particular time .

Andy Ritchie , Danny Wilson part one , Hecky and Stendel .

Struber is somewhere between Paul Hart and Morais for me personally .

His interviews actually bore me to death .

It is **** or bust today. We need a performance like the one against Huddersfield at home. However, if we play like we did against PNE and Pompey, then we are doomed. Let's hope they show some fight

I see where your coming from Animal re Struber, i cant take to the bloke , I'm not sure how long his contract is for ? I doubt he will be here very long ,
    todays game , not sure how many Reds are making the trip , but reports suggest Charlton have almost sold out the home ends ,
    my last visit there was years back , Kim Christenson ? Scored late on for a 1-1 draw , never played for us again after that

I think we have sold over a thousand tickets

Predictable starting XI today Walton on the bench no Collins

Only a win will do

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast