+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Omg!

Omg!

4-0 Stoke? who are this team Jekyll and Hyde? Credit to the team and through gritted teeth Cocu!

And worldie goals! Can we have more please!!

Quote Originally Posted by macstheman View Post
    And worldie goals! Can we have more please!!
    Not sure I can remember the last time we scored four such good goals.

Great night (at PP at least!) thought Holmes, Clarke and Wisdom were the standouts but an excellent team performance when everyone seemed to understand and do their jobs.

Special words of praise for Hamer and Forsyth. Both have taken more than their fair share of stick but, imo, they were both virtually faultless last night.

MOTM? Difficult decision. Hamer never made a mistake but, there again, didn't have a lot to do. Bogle had a good game, one poor pass apart Wiz was wizard, Clarke played well but not as well as the Wiz, Fozzy was that good (owned Ince which I loved) he will have worried Max Lowe tremendously as there is no way Foz could get dropped after that performance, Holmesy owned them at times, Rooney was the quarter back, Bird will have flown under the radar for many but he was always there when he had to be there, Lawrence again left his petulance at home, put in some good blocks and tackles and worked hard, great run taking a defender out for Waggy's opener, forced the foul that gave us Rooney's goal, just needs to cut out running into traffic every time he gos off on a run and he will be the player we all know is in there, Waghorn put in his usual shift with the added advantage of a good first touch which has been his problem in the past, took his goal very well, Martin set the scene in the opening 3 seconds charging down an attempted ball forward from the kick off, the rest followed his lead, great left foot shot for his goal that saw Butland unable to move before the ball crashed into the back of the net.

More than enough choice there. In the end, it comes down to Wazza and Holmesy for me. In the end, I go for Holmes who not only mastered Stoke, he also mastered his emotions on the night his best mate, the late Jordan Sinnott was honoured. Maybe he pulled that one out especially for Jordan. Who knows?

Quote Originally Posted by MadAmster View Post
    MOTM? Difficult decision. Hamer never made a mistake but, there again, didn't have a lot to do. Bogle had a good game, one poor pass apart Wiz was wizard, Clarke played well but not as well as the Wiz, Fozzy was that good (owned Ince which I loved) he will have worried Max Lowe tremendously as there is no way Foz could get dropped after that performance, Holmesy owned them at times, Rooney was the quarter back, Bird will have flown under the radar for many but he was always there when he had to be there, Lawrence again left his petulance at home, put in some good blocks and tackles and worked hard, great run taking a defender out for Waggy's opener, forced the foul that gave us Rooney's goal, just needs to cut out running into traffic every time he gos off on a run and he will be the player we all know is in there, Waghorn put in his usual shift with the added advantage of a good first touch which has been his problem in the past, took his goal very well, Martin set the scene in the opening 3 seconds charging down an attempted ball forward from the kick off, the rest followed his lead, great left foot shot for his goal that saw Butland unable to move before the ball crashed into the back of the net.

More than enough choice there. In the end, it comes down to Wazza and Holmesy for me. In the end, I go for Holmes who not only mastered Stoke, he also mastered his emotions on the night his best mate, the late Jordan Sinnott was honoured. Maybe he pulled that one out especially for Jordan. Who knows?
    Accurate as ever, MA.

‘Martin set the scene in the opening 3 seconds charging down an attempted ball forward from the kick off’...never expected to hear those words in quite that order again!

Don’t think he liked being taken off but that’s not a bad sign and he had just given the ball away twice as Stoke started to gather momentum.

Great credit to Holmes in the circumstances. For me he’s on target to be player of the season.

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    Accurate as ever, MA.

‘Martin set the scene in the opening 3 seconds charging down an attempted ball forward from the kick off’...never expected to hear those words in quite that order again!

Don’t think he liked being taken off but that’s not a bad sign and he had just given the ball away twice as Stoke started to gather momentum.

Great credit to Holmes in the circumstances. For me he’s on target to be player of the season.

All we have to do is keep that performance level going forward, maybe the fact that nobody came in galvanised the team?

Its down to Cocu to make me eat my words but its a good start beating ones rivals!

A good start beating one's rivals??? Who else could you beat?

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff Parkstone View Post
    A good start beating one's rivals??? Who else could you beat?

Teams that are merely opponents as against local rivals such as Forest, The owls and Stoke?

All teams are rivals, not all teams are local rivals. You did not specify local....

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    Not sure I can remember the last time we scored four such good goals.

Great night (at PP at least!) thought Holmes, Clarke and Wisdom were the standouts but an excellent team performance when everyone seemed to understand and do their jobs.

Special words of praise for Hamer and Forsyth. Both have taken more than their fair share of stick but, imo, they were both virtually faultless last night.
    Newcastle in the FA Cup circa 1975

4 great goals in that game

"Rioch Rioch"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)