+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 23 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Lawrence Shankland ....

Starting to despair at the number of posters that seem desperate not to enjoy anything about united currently
    Some not intending to celebrate if we get promotion, some never seeing any good football ever, tombola manager,etc. Cant imagine the state they would be in if we had sold shankland or our position was swapped with the dee. Just think about the last few years & be glad things are hopefully changing for the better on all fronts

Quote Originally Posted by Bannons boots View Post
    Starting to despair at the number of posters that seem desperate not to enjoy anything about united currently
    Some not intending to celebrate if we get promotion, some never seeing any good football ever, tombola manager,etc. Cant imagine the state they would be in if we had sold shankland or our position was swapped with the dee. Just think about the last few years & be glad things are hopefully changing for the better on all fronts
    😂😂😂😂

Calm doon man. It's just an opinion.

The chairman speaks. £3M minimum.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/51342588

Quote Originally Posted by tHeArAb View Post
    Not really getting the massive loyalty love in tbh. Yes it's nice that we still have him but let's face it, was he ever gonna leave six months into a contract? Would anyone??
    He'll most likely be gone in the summer, one year into a three year contract. Where will the loyalty be then?
    I'll happily dish out the loyalty cards if he stays for a year or two in The Premiership.
    Seriously?!?!! He’s Scotland international playing for us in championship.

Despite millions on offer down south he comes out and says he doesn’t want to leave.

Just look at Scott Banks to see that people do leave 6 months in or less. In Banks’ case he and his agent saw the chance of a payday after 2 league cup games and that was it.

It’s not just loyalty but also commitment and what he has give for the cause - long may it continue

Agree with that view as it's all good at the moment and I am enjoying every minute of it but at same time, I never at any point thought Shankland would be away after 6 months of a 3 year deal, not once have I had any doubt, it has always for me been a case of will he go in Summer or can we keep him until next January as he can test himself with us in Prem and would still leave 18 months on his deal

Quote Originally Posted by LSArab View Post
    Seriously?!?!! He’s Scotland international playing for us in championship.

Despite millions on offer down south he comes out and says he doesn’t want to leave.

Just look at Scott Banks to see that people do leave 6 months in or less. In Banks’ case he and his agent saw the chance of a payday after 2 league cup games and that was it.

It’s not just loyalty but also commitment and what he has give for the cause - long may it continue
    Long may it continue. Let's hope it does.

I've already said the Banks situation is different. Young boy not getting a game after being told he would. Probably pissed off at sitting on the bench and has taken the huff. Sees the bright lights as some kids do and off he pops.

Lawrence has his head screwed on it would seem. Not just by his actions with us, but the way he showed loyalty to Ayr and saw out his contract. All I'm saying is someone who doesn't leave six months into a three year contract is probably doing what most other players would. I don't think it's this big massive 'exception to the norm' he's made by staying put.

Calm down?? Good one. Absolutely calm & seeing things with a positive outlook. Opinions yes. Mostly *******s yes.

Calm down?? Good one. Absolutely calm & seeing things with a positive outlook. Opinions yes. Mostly *******s yes.
    Okay, I'll not disagree with anyone else's opinion from now on, just incase it puts you into 'despair' again. Enjoy the game today. 😉

Quote Originally Posted by shedka View Post
    Agree with that view as it's all good at the moment and I am enjoying every minute of it but at same time, I never at any point thought Shankland would be away after 6 months of a 3 year deal, not once have I had any doubt, it has always for me been a case of will he go in Summer or can we keep him until next January as he can test himself with us in Prem and would still leave 18 months on his deal
    Need some magic this second half. Come on Shanks and the boys.

The two headers against Arbroath are some of the best celebrated and best goals of this season

Laurence's team getting beat 7-0 at home to Anderlecht with 5 minutes to go!

Page 2 of 23 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)