+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 23 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Lawrence Shankland ....

Quote Originally Posted by ARAbCHNID View Post
    Laurence's team getting beat 7-0 at home to Anderlecht with 5 minutes to go!
    As good as relegated.

Quote Originally Posted by ARAbCHNID View Post
    Laurence's team getting beat 7-0 at home to Anderlecht with 5 minutes to go!
    One of the strangest transfers I can ever remember ???

Hmmm..... Wonder how much Rangers (helped) in the signing of Lawrence with a relegation release clause in his contract???

Too far, I know.... then again????

A cheeky we give us him back and forget the rest of the payments deal bid for him

Quote Originally Posted by dodetap View Post
    A cheeky we give us him back and forget the rest of the payments deal bid for him
    After seeing how we've starved the strikers since his departure, I doubt that's ever gonna happen unfortunately. That and the fact he seems to be enjoying life in Antwerp.

Quote Originally Posted by tHeArAb View Post
    After seeing how we've starved the strikers since his departure, I doubt that's ever gonna happen unfortunately. That and the fact he seems to be enjoying life in Antwerp.
    That's a good point. I'm sure Shankland, Clark, McNulty etc. didn't start firing blanks, or even worse, not firing at all, overnight. Decent service to our strikers recently has been woeful. It's law of averages, plenty balls in the box , some go in. Very little balls in the box, very little go in.

I would personally play two up front to play off each other. Even a target man and another trying to feed off that.

I know I'm no manager in the slightest, but lone forwards don't work unless you have a very attacking midfield and/or wingbacks. As a team we seem to be very mixed up on how we should/could be playing.

I was never McNulty's biggest fan, but even I am looking forward to him coming back in the team to change things around a wee bit.

Quote Originally Posted by dodetap View Post
    I actually think we did well to get the money for LS that we did in the end .
    I said at the time that I thought we ought to have sold him after we went up as i had doubts he would be very prolific in the SPL .

I think he is a very very good lower level striker but the stats don't lie I'm afraid and his goals in top flight football is pretty poor , not just while at United but wherever he has been including now in Belgium .

( TIN HAT AT THE READY ) This isn't going to be a popular opinion either but i also think there's a degree of risk in the Tony Watt signing .
    He's had a lot of clubs , not got a particularly great goal scoring record at any of them aside from this season and i would expect he will be coming on pretty big wages seeing as his stock is currently high .

I do think he is a good player , he will also bring more than just goals to the team but I hope people aren't totally shocked if it turns out he doesn't end up scoring a lot of goals because his career up to now would suggest that's a very real possibility .

There is big risk in Tony Watt signing.

Disagree about Shankland - he had zero service. Shanks did well with what he had and was even scoring from the halfway line

If shanks was at old firm he’d be banging in goals every week. He is a proper striker and would do well for us now - no doubt at all about that

I'll never get my head round Shanklands advisor convincing him that leaving DUFC for Beershoot was a career progression

I have a feeling we are looking to get another striker either Jan or summer too. I wouldn't be surprised if a return for shanks is realistically on the table.

"Lawrence Shankland puts SPFL clubs on transfer alert as Beerschot 'will listen to offers' for striker"

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/...clubs-25889060

Page 3 of 23 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)