+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 23 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Lawrence Shankland ....

Lawrence Shankland ....

....we’ve got Lawrence Shankland.

1st February and there have not been any panic sales of our star man

Great relief and my hope is that we can keep him for a year in the prem but who knows

What it does show is that this regime are doing things properly and have sat down with player and agent ahead of time to work out the best plan for all involved.

Most credit has to go to Shanks. Whenever he does go he has been amazing to watch and is responsible for a large number of the points we have won this season. Getting us promoted and back where we belong.

The greatest thing about LS is that - HE KNOWS WHERE THE GOAL IS

Well done to all concerned for keeping our players.

Hopefully we are building something special again at Tannadice

There is absolutely no doubt in my mind that we have the ownership, leadership and people in place to provide success. The progress made in just over a year is staggering. Well done to all involved.

Credit to the owners but mostly Shankland who made the job of keeping him easier. He hasnt let the international call up, the host of scouts watching him get to his head. He said he wanted to stay at United and that he has done. A very refreshing attitude and the biggest single reason we are heading back to the Premiership.

Quote Originally Posted by psych View Post
    Credit to the owners but mostly Shankland who made the job of keeping him easier. He hasnt let the international call up, the host of scouts watching him get to his head. He said he wanted to stay at United and that he has done. A very refreshing attitude and the biggest single reason we are heading back to the Premiership.
    Another level headed guy, who believes in his own ability, and knows that, making the move at the right time, is crucial to his own development, and long term future (similar to (Christian) Daly, Russell, Robertson, and Armstrong (tbh) and some others). He’s also showing mutual respect to the club and fans that have given that platform this year, and not many players do that these days!!!
    Been a pleasure watching him so far, and will enjoy it while I can, and when he does decide to move on, will be with my very best wishes.

Motherwell just got £1.5M for a guy that's scored 6 goals this season. Would love to keep Shanks till January and see what we get for him but it's probably not gonna happen.

I said at the time that he would end up in our hall of fame because in this day and age there is no player loyalty anymore.He is very much the exception to the rule.On his way to Tannadice to sign on agents were telling him they had better offers and to turn back!.

Quote Originally Posted by GUNBOAT View Post
    I said at the time that he would end up in our hall of fame because in this day and age there is no player loyalty anymore.He is very much the exception to the rule.On his way to Tannadice to sign on agents were telling him they had better offers and to turn back!.
    Wasn’t aware of that GB.

Makes it all the more impressive.

Lucky to get him, lucky to have him. Should give everyone on the pitch massive backing today.

Come on United!!!

What a change to the previous regime

As the sign says DUNDEE’S UNITED !!!

Not really getting the massive loyalty love in tbh. Yes it's nice that we still have him but let's face it, was he ever gonna leave six months into a contract? Would anyone??
    He'll most likely be gone in the summer, one year into a three year contract. Where will the loyalty be then?
    I'll happily dish out the loyalty cards if he stays for a year or two in The Premiership.

Quote Originally Posted by tHeArAb View Post
    Not really getting the massive loyalty love in tbh. Yes it's nice that we still have him but let's face it, was he ever gonna leave six months into a contract? Would anyone??
    He'll most likely be gone in the summer, one year into a three year contract. Where will the loyalty be then?
    I'll happily dish out the loyalty cards if he stays for a year or two in The Premiership.
    Are you for real?? Behave man!!
    These days, players leave at the drop of a hat, absolutely no loyalty!!
    Banks, couple of games in the first team, thinks he’s Billy Big Baws, same with Scott Allan before him. Agents and others feed these guys with so much sh!t, they think they are the new Maradona!!
    Lawrence’s actions are totally against the current tide that young players “swim” in, and should absolutely be respected!

Of course they are against the tide, and are very welcomed. Not many players come out and say what he said but he's only six months into a contract. How many other players leave six months into a three year contract? If he says the same in the summer then he'll absolutely get the loyalty card from me.
    Let's keep the Allans & Banks' out of this as that's a totally different situation.

Page 1 of 23 12311 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)