+ Visit Blackburn Rovers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Holtby out for the season

Holtby out for the season

Another game, another massive blow.
    Seems every week, we play a game, and lose one of our most important players.
    I really do actually think we stood as big a chance as anyone to get a place in the play-offs in the 2nd half of the season.
    We play almost everyone above us at home, so we could have clawed it back.
    But we are taking too many major hits.
    Funnily enough it does bode well for next season, as now we need to carry on giving game-time to the likes of Rankin Costello etc. Lets see what they can do.
    I think you can sometimes find other star's when you lose a big player. I believe Armstrong has benefited massively from Dack not playing. But we are getting hammered losing more and more of these guys!
    Why can't Bennett or Graham get injured for the rest of the season, why is it always someone decent!!!!!

We really are at the bare bones now.
    Just hope players like tosin,nyambe and travis keep fit as losing them would be a even bigger blow.

Quote Originally Posted by robinrover View Post
    We really are at the bare bones now.
    Just hope players like tosin,nyambe and travis keep fit as losing them would be a even bigger blow.
    Every negative has a positive. Lets see what both Chapman and JRC can do.

I agree that we have to focus on the positives, and lower our expectations.
    With four more or less automatic choices out (if we include Cunningham), we are just that bit short of experienced quality, especially as it looks as if DG might have gone over the top.
    Bell has already benefited, and if we can get game-time into the likes of Rankin-Costello, it should stand us in good stead for next season.
    I'm hoping that Davenport will also be called upon. On the few occasions we've seen him, he has looked decent.
    Chapman? Who knows what has gone on there?
    One odd thing (for me) that TM says on the main site is that we don't have anyone to play No.10.
    I'd have thought Armstrong could do that job, as long as Gallagher was moved to lead the line. Presumably, though, that has been looked at in training and rejected.

Quote Originally Posted by AucklandRover View Post
    I agree that we have to focus on the positives, and lower our expectations.
    With four more or less automatic choices out (if we include Cunningham), we are just that bit short of experienced quality, especially as it looks as if DG might have gone over the top.
    Bell has already benefited, and if we can get game-time into the likes of Rankin-Costello, it should stand us in good stead for next season.
    I'm hoping that Davenport will also be called upon. On the few occasions we've seen him, he has looked decent.
    Chapman? Who knows what has gone on there?
    One odd thing (for me) that TM says on the main site is that we don't have anyone to play No.10.
    I'd have thought Armstrong could do that job, as long as Gallagher was moved to lead the line. Presumably, though, that has been looked at in training and rejected.
    To be fair, the system, what we are doing is fine. So no point changing it. He's stuck with it, gone through a rough patch, and come out the other side. He should know by now, who can play where and what affect that will have. And the way things have worked out injury wise, it's more of a case of who can step in. We have 2 young lads, in Chapman and JRC who are the next in line. So we do need to trust and go with them. We van of course play DG. Hes great to have around. But clearly won't be next season. So lets look ahead to that and get these young lads in now. We don't have much of a choice.
    But they are playing in a side with Travis & Downing (or Johnson) 2 in form decent full backs. 2 solid centre halves. And a keeper growing in confidence. It's not a bad time to introduce them. Chapman may just need games. Who knows? Let's play him and find out. Brereton should be taking this opportunity to really show everyone what he can do. Thats more of a puzzle to me than Chapman.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)