+ Visit Dundee FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Micro managed

Quote Originally Posted by Shuntz View Post
    I think we should abolish Cooncil tax and replace it with a windfall tax on online gambling or people who live in stately homes on the Scottish Islands...............,,,,,,,,,,,.
    Your getting me all nostalgic for the poll tax❤

I think we should abolish Cooncil tax and replace it with a windfall tax on online gambling or people who live in stately homes on the Scottish Islands...............,,,,,,,,,,,.
    That rules me out then as I do not have a stately home living on Islay.
    All the estates on Islay are owned by people who live outwith Scotland.
    If Scotland became an independent country and wee Nippy tried to nationalise these estates they would go to wrack and ruin.

Quote Originally Posted by Returnofrros View Post
    Your getting me all nostalgic for the poll tax❤
    There was nothing wrong with the poll tax. It was the people who had never paid rates that complained bitterly about having to pay for something that they previously got for nothing.

Hi John
    Interesting point you make and assume you mean Income Tax.

Here are Delotties figures for tax year 2019 /20

The lower earner
    £15,000 salary
    If you earn a salary of £15,000 in 2019/20 and have no other income, the personal allowance of £12,500 will be deducted and £2,500 will be taxable.
    If you are resident in Scotland, your income tax calculation will be as follows;
    Scottish starter rate - £2,049 at 19%= £389.31
    Scottish basic rate - £451 at 20% = £90.20
    Total tax = £479.51

This is a decrease of £130.49 compared to 2018/19 due to the increase in the personal allowance (decided by the UK government ) from £11,850 to £12,500 and an increase in the starter rate band.
    If you earned the same sum of money but were not resident in Scotland the full £2,500 would be taxable at 20% ( UK basic rate) producing an income tax bill of £500. Therefore, you would pay £20.49 less as a resident of Scotland..............

£33,000 salary

If you earn a salary of £33,000 in 2019/20 and have no other income, the personal allowance of £12,500 will be deducted and £20,500 will be taxable. If you are resident in Scotland your income tax will be as follows:
    Scottish starter rate - £2,049 at 19% = £389.31

Scottish basic rate - £10,395 at 20% = £2,079
    Scottish intermediate rate - £8,056 at 21% = £1,691.76
    Tax total = £4,160.07
    If you were resident elsewhere in the UK, the full £20,500 would be taxable at 20%, giving an income tax liability of £4,100. A Scottish resident would pay an additional £60.07 in income tax compared with living elsewhere in the UK.

For me in my position I think 33k is a good salary you are not well off but it’s about 8k higher the the Uk average.

if you are earning 33k per year you pay £5 per more in tax Scotland

For that 5 Scottish pounds extra the person would get
    Free prescriptions
    Free eye tests
    Free personal care for there parents and grand parents
    Free tuition fees for your kids
    And of course you get to live and work in the best country in the world

Now I would say that the list above is worth a fiver a month but of course some would like to have that extra fiver - each to your own m8
    Trust you to be selective with your quotes.
    It has recently been stated that anyone earning over £26,000 per year in Scotland will pay more income tax than someone earning the same salary throughout the rest of the UK.
    The amount of income tax received by the Scottish Government in the last tax year was lower than projected no doubt due to these stupid tax rules which favours the poor and discriminates against middle and higher earners.
    No wonder the Scottish Government cannot persuade teachers to relocate from south of the border to teach in Scotland when they are going to pay more tax than they would remaining south of the border.
    How is an independent Scotland going to balance the books when the £29 Billion from the Barnett Formula and Barnett Consequentials end.
    They could always do the old Labour trick of printing more money which in this case would be the Scottish groat.

Quote Originally Posted by islaydarkblue View Post
    There was nothing wrong with the poll tax. It was the people who had never paid rates that complained bitterly about having to pay for something that they previously got for nothing.
    Correct.

Quote Originally Posted by islaydarkblue View Post
    How is an independent Scotland going to balance the books when the £29 Billion from the Barnett Formula and Barnett Consequentials end.
    By keeping the money it currently uses to subsidise the UK economy and the corrupt English government?

Quote Originally Posted by Deeranged View Post
    By keeping the money it currently uses to subsidise the UK economy and the corrupt English government?
    English govt?.....when did they get a devolved parliment?

Hi John
    Interesting point you make and assume you mean Income Tax.

Here are Delotties figures for tax year 2019 /20

The lower earner
    £15,000 salary
    If you earn a salary of £15,000 in 2019/20 and have no other income, the personal allowance of £12,500 will be deducted and £2,500 will be taxable.
    If you are resident in Scotland, your income tax calculation will be as follows;
    Scottish starter rate - £2,049 at 19%= £389.31
    Scottish basic rate - £451 at 20% = £90.20
    Total tax = £479.51

This is a decrease of £130.49 compared to 2018/19 due to the increase in the personal allowance (decided by the UK government ) from £11,850 to £12,500 and an increase in the starter rate band.
    If you earned the same sum of money but were not resident in Scotland the full £2,500 would be taxable at 20% ( UK basic rate) producing an income tax bill of £500. Therefore, you would pay £20.49 less as a resident of Scotland..............

£33,000 salary

If you earn a salary of £33,000 in 2019/20 and have no other income, the personal allowance of £12,500 will be deducted and £20,500 will be taxable. If you are resident in Scotland your income tax will be as follows:
    Scottish starter rate - £2,049 at 19% = £389.31

Scottish basic rate - £10,395 at 20% = £2,079
    Scottish intermediate rate - £8,056 at 21% = £1,691.76
    Tax total = £4,160.07
    If you were resident elsewhere in the UK, the full £20,500 would be taxable at 20%, giving an income tax liability of £4,100. A Scottish resident would pay an additional £60.07 in income tax compared with living elsewhere in the UK.

For me in my position I think 33k is a good salary you are not well off but it’s about 8k higher the the Uk average.

if you are earning 33k per year you pay £5 per more in tax Scotland

For that 5 Scottish pounds extra the person would get
    Free prescriptions
    Free eye tests
    Free personal care for there parents and grand parents
    Free tuition fees for your kids
    And of course you get to live and work in the best country in the world

Now I would say that the list above is worth a fiver a month but of course some would like to have that extra fiver - each to your own m8
    Your spot in with calculations, myself and everyone on my shift was hit with the tax bill for just under £60, even though I do the same job as my English/ welsh/ nth Irish colleagues, you point out the free prescription”s etc but I was already getting these before the SNP put up my tax

Quote Originally Posted by Returnofrros View Post
    English govt?.....when did they get a devolved parliment?
    We're ruled by England. England voted for the scumbag Tories and England voted for the disastrous Brexit.

England speaks, Scotland says **** all.

For the record I consider Wales to be part of England.

Quote Originally Posted by Deeranged View Post
    We're ruled by England. England voted for the scumbag Tories and England voted for the disastrous Brexit.

England speaks, Scotland says **** all.

For the record I consider Wales to be part of England.
    4 very similar countries, sharing a small land area with a common parliment.....hardly ruled by England.

England has voted Tory 3 out of the last 5 elections and went against the majority of the Tory party during the referendum.

Brexit can't really be judged for 20 or 30 years.

I consider Scotland to be part of the UK.

Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)