+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: O/T Langold lake

O/T Langold lake

Not been there since I was little. Just been talking about it.
    Does it still have a high diving board there?
    It was brilliant.

Originally opened as a leisure facility for Langold Miners. Once the council took it over the writing was on the wall. The Lido fell into disrepair and eventually removed altogether on 2013

Diving board went years ago crash remember it well . Used to have a outdoor pool as well

Still walk around Langold lake with the dog and call in at the cafe for a breakfast. Remember cycling from conisbrough with a group of friends and as soon as we hit the park entrance it was a race to see who could get to the diving frame first and jump off. Happy Days lol

I remember going there a couple of times in the early 70s and I think it was past it's best even by then. Although I was pretty young and easily intimidated by the rough ****agers there.

(One day I'll work out why FootyMad doesn't like the word t.een )

No swimming in the lake anymore. They have 2 great kids parks. A adventure type one and a wet park. Upto 10 year olds will love it.

Groomager. Works .strange

It's got a decent play area for kids and has a small splash play for summer time.

Not bad for a couple of hours to have a walk round the lake and let kids play. Plenty of parking too as you can park on the grass.

I'm guessing they have spent a bit of money (not a massive amount) on it in the last 5-10 years.

Oh for the joys of teetering on the edge of the top block in my Jackie Pallo trunks, waiting for the blocks below to clear before plunging head first into the freezing water and the reeds below. Great memories.

Quote Originally Posted by sota View Post
    Oh for the joys of teetering on the edge of the top block in my Jackie Pallo trunks, waiting for the blocks below to clear before plunging head first into the freezing water and the reeds below. Great memories.
    Sota, I experienced that very sensation on the top step of Clifton Park Paddling Pool.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast