+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Fulham v Barnsley Match Thoughts

Quote Originally Posted by pass_and_move View Post
    I agree SB, anybody thinking that this club will mount a serious promotion charge next season has got another think coming. The only chance we've got is if we don't sell but that's not gonna happen is it. You're quite right when comparing the squad relegated in 2018, this one is lower on individual quality and Mr Struber looks about as clued up as a hobo on spice
    "hobo on spice" Luvvit . Bambo ez given him the nod abart Peel Square.

Owd Compo Struber does dress like a hobo. "The apparell oft proclaims the man."
    " One of yours Will ? "--luv that Upstart Crow p1ss take of Shakespeare.
    Last edited by SBRed48; 14-02-2020 at 03:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SBRed48 View Post
    Am not sure these lads will bounce straight back from the Third Division, They are not of the equivalent quality to the Pinnock, Moore, Woodrow, Davies team led by Stendel.

The owners have lumbered the club with a load of poor players on long contracts, most will be in their second year of a four year contract next season. With that situation I can't see the owners repeating the mass "most successful transfer window in Barnsley FC history".

Prepare for a fair owd stretch in the Third Division. The positive of that is Dog and Co will bugger off leaving the wreckage behind them.
    Just speculating here but I'm guessing following relegation in 2018 there was enough in the club's accounts from the Cryne era to not financially penalise the club so much when starting life in league one and with very little recruitment required .

For sure relegation salary penalties kicked in and that will happen in the summer too but at least 9k renewed their ST's .

Even a loss of a million quid from normal ST sales will substantially harm the clubs finances when operating on this level of income .

The ownership in my opinion too factor the players salaries in to their figures when they tell us everything is reinvested back in to the squad .

It looks to me from the outside looking in that not one penny remains in the clubs accounts from the sales of Pinnock , Lindsay and Moore .

Sheer speculating on my part but I'd suggest the sales of Woodrow , Chaplin , Mowatt and Brown will see at least £10m kept back to run the club for as long as is necessary to prevent the ownership from spending their own money .

The budget for recruitment will be whatever figure the club manages to achieve above the £10m for the four players and will include the transfer fee , signing on fee and contractual personal terms for the new recruits .

This maybe the last real loot the ownership are set to achieve looking at the merits of the squad and it's hard to see them given their history parting with much off it in the direction of the football field .

If there's much over £2m to work with in the summer then I'd be amazed .

You'd do well to replace Woodrow alone never mind improve the whole squad on that budget .

Picking up the Hourihane's and Winnall's for 250k a piece is where the recruitment department need to be .

Me neither .

What soort a figures are we thinking for Woodrow , Mowatt , Chaplin , Brown ? Just a guess , I don't think we will get anywhere near 10 million for them all , it's run like a corner shop our club , fust decent offer and sell , some profit yes , but not being knowledgeable about football at all ( it seems ) they don't get the true value for players unlike most other clubs , all will be undisclosed , we will retain an interest in the player , yes they will but nowt for the fans , what interest can any fan have in these players once they leave , we all know where any interest goes , them greedy orrible shytes that are supposedly running our club

Probably around £5m for Woodrow .

Chaplin £3m .

Mowatt £2m

Brown £3m

Bringing in around 13m

Leaving possibly 2 to 3m to rebuild the squad including wages .

I can't see anyone from the PL buying Woodrow , Chaplin or Mowatt and Brown would possibly be a speculative project signing by a minor PL club
    such as Burnley , Watford or Bournemouth with possible clauses attached in our favour should he progress .

Woodrow , Chaplin and Mowatt aren't good enough for the PL and only likely to interest the likes of Bristol City , Nottingham Forest etc etc , maybe a relegated PL club such as Norwich City .

You aren't in a great position when you have to sell and the buying clubs know that given the financial hit we are going to take after relegation .

The ownership know what's down the road so they'll take anything reasonable to save them from having the risk of having to spend their own money sustaining the club .

Just how I see it playing out Roma and I could be wrong of course .

I saw it coming Animal and posted as such after the first day win!! Gutted I was right mind!
    Personally for the good of the club I think there is a right way to go down and that is to get battered every game, hopefully it will force diehards to stay away an this lot will Pyss off?
    If they don’t then at least it shows them what crap decisions they have made and they may put some real effort in? But I won’t hold my breath!
    I think Woodrow is nailed on for Forest or Leeds if they don’t go up? Mowatt probably back to Leeds if they don’t go up and Brown to somewhere like Hull or Birmingham because he’s good on his day but turns in too many Chesterfield loan performances!

Over 1300 travelling down to London tomorrow , absolutely incredible backing given the season we are having .

Respect to you all .

Great support as usual , something this lot will love , but don't deserve , in their eyes they will think we must be doing something right , " what more can we ask from these mugs "
    Credit to those going , all attendees should get a free " mind " checkout on Harley St afterwards , poor souls !

Quote Originally Posted by Romared View Post
    Great support as usual , something this lot will love , but don't deserve , in their eyes they will think we must be doing something right , " what more can we ask from these mugs "
    Credit to those going , all attendees should get a free " mind " checkout on Harley St afterwards , poor souls !
    Millwall battled for a point against Fulham other night. IF the Tykes can frustrate them for the first 30 minutes or so then owt could happen.
    IF they let Fulham play their own game it's a loss, 3-1 If my guess is correct.

Good luck and best wishes to the travelling supporters.
    Nice traditional ground Craven Cottage, we've not had much luck down there.

Quote Originally Posted by Romared View Post
    Two weeks ago---"Am tekkin thi darn to that London luv forra proper Valentine's weekend, Friday to Sunday. All booked and paid fo."
    "Ooh you are lovely Craig, Thanks luv."
    This Setdi morning in hotel room---" Av just seen thuzza match on at Fulham luv and av just managed to get tickets---------------"

Wiv beert Fulham moor than thev beert us " unbelievable Jeff "

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast