+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Fulham v Barnsley Match Thoughts

Fulham v Barnsley Match Thoughts

I think it's all pretty much accepted that we will be back in League One next season .

However there's a right way to go down and then there's the totally unacceptable way like we witnessed on Tuesday night against Birmingham City .

I still expect the players to battle for every point and show some enthusiasm and desire even though I don't expect them to avoid the drop .

To be fair to this young group they have battled for every point and given their all and Tuesday night was really the first time they looked to have jacked the whole thing up .

I don't wish to see a repeat and let's get back on track tomorrow and give Fulham as difficult a game as we can and earn the victory they are expected to get .

I don't particularly want to finish rock bottom either , we didn't even manage that in the PL .

Let's have some pride shown from now till the end of the season please and finish as high as we can .

I think the pride has been lost to be honest Animal. Based on the evidence of Tuesday night I'd say that the head coach doesn't have the players backing at all. He's laiking far too many arta position, hauling players off for one mistake and hanging them art to dry. Keeping others in the team who are constantly making errors. Playing Woodrow too deep when he's our only serious goal threat. Brown and Chaplain look done for now teams have sussed us, there's Luke Thomas laiking thru the center when his strength is out wide, same wi Jacob Brown. There's absolutely no width in this team thanks to this stupid formation and the players look confused and well arta the depth once teams nullify our threat. It's a mish mash and total sham. Personally and I'm sorry to say this as the players have put everything into this season, I think we will finish bottom.

Weather lass ez just sed it'll be p1ssing darn and windy from Setdi dinnertime in that London so conditions might bring Fulham darn to aar level. That's the best I can hope for.

I fear a reyt arseoylin. Av predicted Fulham 7 (seven) Barnsley 1, especially if Fulham get two early goals. Barnsley teams of old used to defy the odds and produce a shock 1-0 win in such games burra just carnt see it wi this group of kids sent by the owners onto the pitch at a level at which they are not yet ready to compete.

Quote Originally Posted by pass_and_move View Post
    I think the pride has been lost to be honest Animal. Based on the evidence of Tuesday night I'd say that the head coach doesn't have the players backing at all. He's laiking far too many arta position, hauling players off for one mistake and hanging them art to dry. Keeping others in the team who are constantly making errors. Playing Woodrow too deep when he's our only serious goal threat. Brown and Chaplain look done for now teams have sussed us, there's Luke Thomas laiking thru the center when his strength is out wide, same wi Jacob Brown. There's absolutely no width in this team thanks to this stupid formation and the players look confused and well arta the depth once teams nullify our threat. It's a mish mash and total sham. Personally and I'm sorry to say this as the players have put everything into this season, I think we will finish bottom.
    It's a difficult one with Struber , he's walked in to a debacle with no experience of english football with the season well under way .

There was initially evidence of improvement but his way of things as you've pointed out are well and truly sussed now and there's nothing much more that can be done , if plan A isn't good enough then where does that leave plan B ? .

You can't make a silk purse out of pigs ears and recruitment is king .

However we do have a tinker man at play here and some of his decision making is questionable .

How Andersen has kept his place week in and week out is bizarre .

Mowatt playing the anchor role in midfield with Dougall and Halme on the bench is another .

Styles wasn't great on Tuesday night but he was one of the brighter lights and he binned him off at halftime for Bahre .

I don't expect Struber to keep us in the league and I didn't when he arrived but I'm looking for things to take in to next seasons campaign and provide me with something that says he's worth sticking with .

I'm not convinced at this moment in time , far from it .

Its been a complete shambles all season and nothing will change even in pub lg with these Rsoles running the club

Quote Originally Posted by DOOALI View Post
    Its been a complete shambles all season and nothing will change even in pub lg with these Rsoles running the club
    And yet the season started on such a high with a scintillating performance against tomorrow's opponents .

Absolutely nobody saw what was coming in the months ahead , just like 2015/16 but in reverse .

Brings a tear to my eyes , it really does .

Spent a wonderful warm and sunny afternoon with Exile , we were both very impressed with the future looking good .

How wrong was it possible to be .

https://youtu.be/s5bno6vya9w

I think we'd have won the game on Tuesday had Struber not hauled Styles off and brought Thomas on sooner. I also think the experiment with Chaplin and Brown up front has failed miserably. I'd rather Woodrow up top with Schmidt with Thomas and Chaplin on the wings with Mowatt and Styles in the middle. Yes Styles! He showed me enough in his cameo to say he can tackle as well. I think Brown needs a rest because his finishing is woeful and he can't beat the first man with his crosses and now his confidence has gone he turns back into trouble when he does get the ball.

I've seen Brown a few times and he's been poor every time.

Next season we'll be fine but the squad will inevitably need rebuilding. The rebuild is possible because these owners are willing to sign the 12 or 13 players that will be needed this summer as well with the departures of Mowatt, Woodrow, Chaplin and Brown.

It will resemble something like:

Walton- proven at League 1 level.
    J. Williams - took Cavare's place in League 1.
    A. Halme - will take to League 1 as a Centre back.
    T. Sibbick - this season will have brought him on. You need a big lad in League 1 has experience.
    B. Williams - impressed when I've seen him play. Did well previously in League 1.
    L. Thomas - Found his level not good enough for the Championship no Harvey Barnes but won't need to be in League 1.
    C. Styles - the lad is class and has the ability. I'd be reviewing his contract. Looked good in cameo's and Mr's football.
    C. Mcgeehan - will be back with us. Handles league 1 with ease. Possible captain.
    J. Green - the loan will have brought him on. Proven in League 1.

Up front is the problem. At the minute it's Bahre in behind Schmidt. However, with these owners I wouldn't be surprised at another mass recruitment.

My casing point is I don't think we should rush to slash our wrists in a hurry.

Quote Originally Posted by Ponte_Steve24 View Post
    I think we'd have won the game on Tuesday had Struber not hauled Styles off and brought Thomas on sooner. I also think the experiment with Chaplin and Brown up front has failed miserably. I'd rather Woodrow up top with Schmidt with Thomas and Chaplin on the wings with Mowatt and Styles in the middle. Yes Styles! He showed me enough in his cameo to say he can tackle as well. I think Brown needs a rest because his finishing is woeful and he can't beat the first man with his crosses and now his confidence has gone he turns back into trouble when he does get the ball.

I've seen Brown a few times and he's been poor every time.

Next season we'll be fine but the squad will inevitably need rebuilding. The rebuild is possible because these owners are willing to sign the 12 or 13 players that will be needed this summer as well with the departures of Mowatt, Woodrow, Chaplin and Brown.

It will resemble something like:

Walton- proven at League 1 level.
    J. Williams - took Cavare's place in League 1.
    A. Halme - will take to League 1 as a Centre back.
    T. Sibbick - this season will have brought him on. You need a big lad in League 1 has experience.
    B. Williams - impressed when I've seen him play. Did well previously in League 1.
    L. Thomas - Found his level not good enough for the Championship no Harvey Barnes but won't need to be in League 1.
    C. Styles - the lad is class and has the ability. I'd be reviewing his contract. Looked good in cameo's and Mr's football.
    C. Mcgeehan - will be back with us. Handles league 1 with ease. Possible captain.
    J. Green - the loan will have brought him on. Proven in League 1.

Up front is the problem. At the minute it's Bahre in behind Schmidt. However, with these owners I wouldn't be surprised at another mass recruitment.

My casing point is I don't think we should rush to slash our wrists in a hurry.
    There's also the question of budget Steve which you've not mentioned .

ST's , match day tickets and tv revenue are going to take a mighty hiding this time .

Despite the last relegation there was enough moral around the town to stick with it which isn't there this time .

We also had the arrival of a German HC armed with a plan and a bucket load of charisma and positivity .

What will be the budget ?

The first thing to acknowledge is that the sales of Woodrow , Chaplin , Mowatt and Brown will be used to sustain the club financially first and foremost for as long as seems reasonable to prevent the ownership from having to use their own money .

Anything left over will be the budget .

The club was in a far better place in 2018 than it is today , the squad didn't need an overhaul it was already good enough to amount a play off place challenge , all that needed doing was to improve to automatic promotion quality which was provided when Woodrow arrived .

I don't share your view that an overhaul of 10 players coming in on a limited budget combined with what we have given the recruitment of late is anything to be positive about .

Just my opinion mate .

Am not sure these lads will bounce straight back from the Third Division, They are not of the equivalent quality to the Pinnock, Moore, Woodrow, Davies team led by Stendel.

The owners have lumbered the club with a load of poor players on long contracts, most will be in their second year of a four year contract next season. With that situation I can't see the owners repeating the mass "most successful transfer window in Barnsley FC history".

Prepare for a fair owd stretch in the Third Division. The positive of that is Dog and Co will bugger off leaving the wreckage behind them.

Quote Originally Posted by SBRed48 View Post
    Am not sure these lads will bounce straight back from the Third Division, They are not of the equivalent quality to the Pinnock, Moore, Woodrow, Davies team led by Stendel.

The owners have lumbered the club with a load of poor players on long contracts, most will be in their second year of a four year contract next season. With that situation I can't see the owners repeating the mass "most successful transfer window in Barnsley FC history".

Prepare for a fair owd stretch in the Third Division. The positive of that is Dog and Co will bugger off leaving the wreckage behind them.
    I agree SB, anybody thinking that this club will mount a serious promotion charge next season has got another think coming. The only chance we've got is if we don't sell but that's not gonna happen is it. You're quite right when comparing the squad relegated in 2018, this one is lower on individual quality and Mr Struber looks about as clued up as a hobo on spice

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast