+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Confused??

Confused??

We win a football match and away to boot but not a single frigging post about it!!
    There's plenty of posters bitching about each other in generally unpleasant terms though!!
    And I thought it was a Rams forum!!

Quote Originally Posted by macstheman View Post
    We win a football match and away to boot but not a single frigging post about it!!
    There's plenty of posters bitching about each other in generally unpleasant terms though!!
    I never feel inclined to comment on a match I haven't been to. I'll make an exception today though having seen the goals, my comment is we need to give Chris Martin starts in all ten remaining games and a new contract

Here here! I had him in my eleven and predicted 2-3 to the Rams! The defence did better than I expected (no Davies??).
    Martin can still do a bit, great result at a time when squeaky bum was around the corner!!

Quote Originally Posted by macstheman View Post
    Good point, well made.

Mista - first hand - and ‘Amster - Rams TV - usually provide the best reports imo, mac and they’ve both gone awol...especially the former.
    I usually make the trip to Hillsborough but didn’t this time so couldn’t really comment, other than to say it was a good and encouraging result from a side that has really rediscovered the goal scoring knack in recent weeks.

As for ‘squeaky bum time’. Had we lost yesterday then the prospect of a points deduction would still have been making me very nervous. Is there a date this season when such a deduction can no longer happen? I think - not sure - it’s March 26th for the lower leagues. At the moment if we are to have nine - possibly twelve - points deducted this season I still think we’ll be okay, but I hate the prospect of possibly starting next season playing catch up and suspect that such a scenario will have a negative impact on season ticket sales.

Boro’ started all this...working out well for them isn’t it?

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    Good point, well made.

Mista - first hand - and ‘Amster - Rams TV - usually provide the best reports imo, mac and they’ve both gone awol...especially the former.
    I usually make the trip to Hillsborough but didn’t this time so couldn’t really comment, other than to say it was a good and encouraging result from a side that has really rediscovered the goal scoring knack in recent weeks.

As for ‘squeaky bum time’. Had we lost yesterday then the prospect of a points deduction would still have been making me very nervous. Is there a date this season when such a deduction can no longer happen? I think - not sure - it’s March 26th for the lower leagues. At the moment if we are to have nine - possibly twelve - points deducted this season I still think we’ll be okay, but I hate the prospect of possibly starting next season playing catch up and suspect that such a scenario will have a negative impact on season ticket sales.

Boro’ started all this...working out well for them isn’t it?
    Lawrence had one of his good days, Martin the same though he is a tad more consistent. Nice to beat the Owls BUT, we need to string some consistent results together.

RA why are you worrying about something that might never happen? We might equally all get Coronavirus and not be bothered!

Worry about any PTs deduction if it comes to that, otherwise its just pointless speculation at this stage.

At our local recycling centre today down in sunny 'aaampshire, I found a lovely Derby County Mirror / clock. Weirdly, that put a bigger smile on my face than yesterday's win!

Was it true to the current version of the Rams - broken mirror, slow clock and behind the times?

Someone must have a stash of them, we've had more than 7 years of bad luck!

Quote Originally Posted by swaledale View Post
    Lawrence had one of his good days, Martin the same though he is a tad more consistent. Nice to beat the Owls BUT, we need to string some consistent results together.

RA why are you worrying about something that might never happen? We might equally all get Coronavirus and not be bothered!

Worry about any PTs deduction if it comes to that, otherwise its jusbt pointless speculation at this stage.
    Strange sentiment. I know ‘worrying’ is a useless and futile activity that achieves nothing but don’t we all worry about the things we care about? Can it be that I am alone in being concerned or worried about the outcome of our EFL battle or, for that matter, the impact of Coronavirus? I doubt it, however pointless the speculation.
    Last edited by ramAnag; 01-03-2020 at 06:24 PM.

Worrying is futile unless you can do anything about it. As regards the points deduction, you cannot do anything or influence it, so no point worrying. Que sera, sera.

As regards corona virus you can influence the likelihood of getting it. Check out the useful government advice if you're not sure 😅

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)