+ Visit Motherwell FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Full time 4-4

Full time 4-4

Unbelievably.

All I implore of my fellow fans is this.

If/when we end up losing tonight after extra time/penalties, PLEASE, PLEASE do not try and put tonight up on a 'pedestal' along with the 5-6 Aberdeen debacle in 1999 as being a great spectacle for the neutral and a memorable occasion. If we end up losing tonight then it is ****ing shameful.

Who are these people you always say put losses like that on a pedestal? I don't know any of them in real life and I've never seen any on here.

Talking about the memories, good and bad, of our years supporting the team is part of supporting a club that never wins anything.

"Who are these people who" etc, etc, etc??

They are not difficult to find in and around Fir Park if you look hard enough. Even if you look at internet forums like this alone you will find references to the 6-5 defeat to Aberdeen in 1999 in an endearing manner, as if that was a result to be proud of or celebrate somehow.

Talking about good or bad memories is one thing, but looking back at 6-5 defeats to the worst Aberdeen side in history or a (n impending penalty shootout loss to St.Mirren at home) is not a good memory to look back on.

Quote Originally Posted by LawSteelman View Post
    "Who are these people who" etc, etc, etc??

They are not difficult to find in and around Fir Park if you look hard enough. Even if you look at internet forums like this alone you will find references to the 6-5 defeat to Aberdeen in 1999 in an endearing manner, as if that was a result to be proud of or celebrate somehow.

Talking about good or bad memories is one thing, but looking back at 6-5 defeats to the worst Aberdeen side in history or a (n impending penalty shootout loss to St.Mirren at home) is not a good memory to look back on.
    Precious stuff from someone who left after goal 1 tonight! There's so much 5hitE I could throw around given tonight's abysmal defeat, but I'll temper things.
    The loss of great revenue next round, ar5ehole performances from 80% of our players first half, dismal and utterly piffle penalties from Donnelly, Watt and Hylton.
    However, as much as I recognise this to be a terrible, terrible night and probably 'season-defining' performance, I (like thousands more), chose to stick it out for the duration. One's got to wonder why you still go?

I honestly don't know why I bother going either andlast night was one of those nights that makes me want to chuck supporting Motherwell altogether. I am sick to the back teeth losing big games like that and also in the manner we did. To lose four goals at home to St.Mirren is totally unprofessional and the penalty defeat just summed up our yellow bellied nature. We were never winning a shootout.

The fact that some Motherwell fans absolutely will take positives from that debacle because "it was enjoyable and a great effort to come back from 2-4 down to draw" or something along those lines just makes me all the more sick.

That was a Cup game, it was massive and yet again we blew it when it mattered most.

No doubt we'll now find a wee bit of form in the next few league matches and will beat St.Mirren next Tuesday in the lesser game but right now I couldn't give a toss. The season is over as far as I'm concerned.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)