+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: O/T PSA test.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

O/T PSA test.

This test is an early indicator of Prostrate cancer.
    As a lot of you know I live in Cyprus. 2 Weeks ago I had my annual PSA blood test and visit to my Urology consultant. My PSA levels were raised, I am 63 but have the level of a 75 year old. The Urologist told me to have a MRI scan which I did on Tuesday. I got the results yesterday and saw the Urologist this morning. Thankfully the MRI did not show any problems.
    If you are over 50 I would just like to ask you to ring your GP surgery and ask for the PSA blood test, which is available on request, as there is no screening for prostrate cancer in England dispite it being the largest killer.
    Its as simple as that, no examination. It may save your life.

Good news then Tiggs , Doctor teld me when I asked him for that blood test , (i dunt want to freetund thi ) blood test are a secondary choice , best test is the rubber glove treatment , i said oh al evva think about it ,,,, he sed a can do it now and 2 mins later it wa done, not pleasant , mine wa fine 2 months later BC confirmed , any tests that are offered to any of us , please get them done

Quote Originally Posted by Romared View Post
    Good news then Tiggs , Doctor teld me when I asked him for that blood test , (i dunt want to freetund thi ) blood test are a secondary choice , best test is the rubber glove treatment , i said oh al evva think about it ,,,, he sed a can do it now and 2 mins later it wa done, not pleasant , mine wa fine 2 months later BC confirmed , any tests that are offered to any of us , please get them done
    How you going mate?

Quote Originally Posted by Ponte_Steve24 View Post
    How you going mate?
    Well fingers crossed , i will hopefully get my operation done on the 28th , it's been hard at times , physically and mentally , it takes some taking in , I feel I can talk more about it now though , and it's probably helped me in that respect , unfortunately at the same time I was diagnosed , 2 of my mates were told they had Prostrate Cancer , they have had injections and now face 7 weeks of daily radiotherapy , we've all remaind positive and talk to each other about the problems , I understand how you must have felt Ponte when you heard your dad's news , an internal examination I'm told is the best test , no matter what size the person is ? If the prostate is smooth on inspection that's good , although still maybe enlarged ( treatable with medication ) if the prostate isn't smooth , blood tests and scans will highlight it , GET YOURSELVES CHECKED
    Last edited by Romared; 20-02-2020 at 04:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by tiggertyke View Post
    This test is an early indicator of Prostrate cancer.
    As a lot of you know I live in Cyprus. 2 Weeks ago I had my annual PSA blood test and visit to my Urology consultant. My PSA levels were raised, I am 63 but have the level of a 75 year old. The Urologist told me to have a MRI scan which I did on Tuesday. I got the results yesterday and saw the Urologist this morning. Thankfully the MRI did not show any problems.
    If you are over 50 I would just like to ask you to ring your GP surgery and ask for the PSA blood test, which is available on request, as there is no screening for prostrate cancer in England dispite it being the largest killer.
    Its as simple as that, no examination. It may save your life.
    My Dad had a PSA test. It's used as an indicator. He had a PSA rating of 20 which was top of the tree. The Dr told him he had prostate cancer. What the PSA rating doesn't tell you is larger people, have larger prostates which means a larger PSA rating. He went to the Hospital and it turned out it was a water infection.

Agree it's best to check but as a test alone it's heavily flawed and can cause sleepless nights. I think Doctors should keep quiet about what everything means until they have all the information at their perusal.

As you say Tigger is isn't until you have an MRI that you know definitively. Glad you're o.k mate.

Top bloke is Roma. Top advice.

A Quiz Neet mate a mine ed Prostrate Cancer diagnosed via the test. Went to Jimmy's in Leeds daily forra few weeks. Nar clear.

The percentages of gerrin better are many times higher than the percentage chance of Barnsley FC winning a football match.

My Fathers dying of this. He was given 6 months in June. Had raised levels of PSA for 15 years and at just above 80 the levels went up dramatically.
    Still good at the moment, batting on well, but it will bite at some point. I had the tests (both) and all ok. This kills more than Breast cancer now in the UK, but if caught early can be managed.
    Glad tha ok Tigger, and asking for any test is better than ignoring it. Glad to hear you got a good result....

Roma.... hope same result for You too.
    Last edited by Jules88; 21-02-2020 at 12:22 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jules88 View Post
    My Fathers dying of this. He was given 6 months in June. Had raised levels of PSA for 15 years and at just above 80 the levels went up dramatically.
    Still good at the moment, batting on well, but it will bite at some point. I had the tests (both) and all ok. This kills more than Breast cancer now in the UK, but if caught early can be managed.
    Glad tha ok Tigger, and asking for any test is better than ignoring it. Glad to hear you got a good result....

Roma.... hope same result for You too.
    Thanks Jules , i sincerely hope your Dad keeps on feeling good and battling on
    Last edited by Romared; 21-02-2020 at 09:30 AM.

Sorry to hear abart that Jules.

Cheers... Amazing sometimes how the human body can cope. And surprise us. Great care from our overstretched nhs and district/hospice nurses help.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast