+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Let’s send £14 billion abroad whilst our citizens are drowned out!

Quote Originally Posted by Dubbag View Post
    Great posts BaggieSingh.
    Very well explained....
    Jeez BaggieSingh, good post.

Question for you all..
    If we all had one choice to vote for either funding HS2 or flood defenses? I wonder what the outcome would be eh? Im sure all of us would say help the floods, but will the government? Be interested to get all of your thoughts.

Quote Originally Posted by regis80 View Post
    Jeez BaggieSingh, good post.

Question for you all..
    If we all had one choice to vote for either funding HS2 or flood defenses? I wonder what the outcome would be eh? Im sure all of us would say help the floods, but will the government? Be interested to get all of your thoughts.
    My point exactly, but where is the benefit in actually helping people?
    The elite help themselves and make sure the money circulates where they want it to.

HS2 earns a lot of money for a lot of individuals whilst making London 20 mins closer for some people in a environment where there will be less travel (people work from home more, communications are getting better and better wait till 5G takes off)

So what is Doris has her house flooded a few times?
    Noone will make as much money off fixing that problem

In fact we pay for that again in our increased insurance premiums
    How many insurance firms do you see going out of business??

The easy answer is help the flood defences, but for me I can’t see the point of HS2 so I would prefer to reconsider BOTh lots of expenditure.

As to flood defences I think this is such a complicated thing. Just putting up barriers along a river at huge cost to protect a few houses isn’t for me the answer either. Why were so many houses built in flood plains as an example. Are the houses designed to withstand flood conditions, almost certainly no. Will flood defences resolve the problem, probably no. Many areas have had mega bucks spent on improving their flood defences but they still get flooded.

We are going to see more rain with global warming, so we need a strategy to cope with that, not just putting a plaster (or a wall) to stop the bleeding/flooding. Why aren’t houses built differently on flood areas? Plenty of houses overseas are built on stilts so that water and other weather problems can go underneath as one suggestion.

I am not a builder and certainly not a planning officer but for me we need to rethink this whole subject.

Anyway could the kind people of Africa and Asia spare just £3 each for the flood victims of the U.K. each donation will go directly to the victims and not the bureaucrats. Thank you in advance, your generosity is appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by mickd1961 View Post
    Watching the news from the valleys in Wales and from many other areas around England it’s destruction and personal devastation is incredible.

People left destitute and homeless,insurance companies refusing to pay out,local councils totally inept in terms of helping people.....national government too quiet.

WHY are we not cancelling the foreign aid giveaway forthwith and handing billions to our own regions to sort out people’s immediate issues and to sort the flood barriers out for good!?

Charity begins at f king home!!

Are China or the USA sending us a handout in OUR hour of need?

Are they F U C K!

So p I s s e d off at our continued commitment to foreign aid.
    Yep, its obviously the 0.7% we give in GDP to the poorest in the world which is why these people are flooded.

The foreign aid budget is the first to be questioned by those brainwashed by the RW media...

Quote Originally Posted by BaggieSingh View Post
    Mick I worked for a company that played a small part in assisting counties rebuilding infrastructure after wars

We pay for bombs with our taxes and give it to large companies who make profits that go to individuals (shareholders and associates)

We then bomb the crap out of countries and then pay these large companies to replenish our stock with our taxes again And the profits again go to the individuals (shareholders and associates)

We then go into these countries once we have put our stooge in charge and get awarded contracts to rebuild the crap we bombed and the tax payer gives aid and these large corporations take that and then also charge for services

Poor bombed country can’t pay, don’t worry we have a large international bank you can borrow from, or the UK/US etc or the large corporation or you can award us other things and be in our pocket

Money doesn’t ever get to anyone apart from the large corporation shareholders and associates and the governments

Don’t be fooled by a few bags of grains and programs to give water to villages

They don’t cost billions

Also replace bombs with aid above, it’s just a scam
    You are talking way too much sense for this board BS...

Quote Originally Posted by WBA123 View Post
    You are talking way too much sense for this board BS...
    First time I have ever been accused of such a thing

Likewise 123 buddy, I certainly do not have the knowledge nor experience in that field to argue or question BaggieSingh’s comments.
    A well informed post.

I do get rather tired of our great Nation being continually criticised for when it comes to racism, privilege, spending on NHS, infrastructure, vanity projects etc etc when although with a long long way to go we are as a nation a damn sight better than most.

On racism are we the only European country that doesn't have a strong extreme right wing political party in second place? And when it comes to bombs being dropped isn't muslems doing most of the dropping on fellow muslems?

Quote Originally Posted by 9goals2hattricks3pen View Post
    I do get rather tired of our great Nation being continually criticised for when it comes to racism, privilege, spending on NHS, infrastructure, vanity projects etc etc when although with a long long way to go we are as a nation a damn sight better than most.

On racism are we the only European country that doesn't have a strong extreme right wing political party in second place? And when it comes to bombs being dropped isn't muslems doing most of the dropping on fellow muslems?
    Muslims mate

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)