+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Barnsley v Middlesbrough Match Thoughts

Barnsley v Middlesbrough Match Thoughts

Well can we kick on from last Saturday's magnificent win at Fulham ?

A very winnable game against opponents struggling for form at the moment suggests we have an opportunity and I'd suggest Wednesday night could complete three on the bounce .

It's down to these two games for me , now or never you might say .

The games are running out and nothing less than a victory today will do .

The pressure is on rather than the free hit we enjoyed last saturday .

Interesting game and the best of luck to Struber and the lads today .

Wiv won 2 arta the last 10 league games under Struber so 3 wins on the bounce is a tough ask.

Not a pretty boy game of football on the floor today. Boro ev some bruisers in their team and hairy-arsed experienced pro's who will make it scrappy and owd-man the ref.
    We will need all aar lads to be on it today and Boro to be "disappointing". We can't rely on keeper errors to gift us goals ivvery game.
    Today could be pivotal--win and the lads will feel the escape is on, draw and other teams like Stoke win we will go backwards, looiz and the Fat Lady's throwitt will be vibrating wi noise.
    Am expecting same teeam as at Fulham but Andersen on bench. Izzit reyt that Styles is art for six weeks ? Ritzmaier on bench to come on ?

Quote Originally Posted by SBRed48 View Post
    Wiv won 2 arta the last 10 league games under Struber so 3 wins on the bounce is a tough ask.

Not a pretty boy game of football on the floor today. Boro ev some bruisers in their team and hairy-arsed experienced pro's who will make it scrappy and owd-man the ref.
    We will need all aar lads to be on it today and Boro to be "disappointing". We can't rely on keeper errors to gift us goals ivvery game.
    Today could be pivotal--win and the lads will feel the escape is on, draw and other teams like Stoke win we will go backwards, looiz and the Fat Lady's throwitt will be vibrating wi noise.
    Am expecting same teeam as at Fulham but Andersen on bench. Izzit reyt that Styles is art for six weeks ? Ritzmaier on bench to come on ?
    You'd imagine it would be the same team as last week , we'll find out in half n hour of course .

Jordan Williams at left back still isn't doing for me .

Happy for the lad to play the next 200 games at left back and prove me wrong mind .

Bahre and Oduor in midfield could be a bit lightweight in midfield against the Boro heavy lads. Ritzmaeir nailed on to come on for one of these two. Thomas rested.

Bring it on !

Team

Collins

Ludewig
    Williams J
    Sollbauer
    Oduor

Mowatt
    Halme
    Bahre

Chaplin
    Woodrow
    Brown

I have that down as Jordan Williams at centre half , could be wrong but that's what it looks like .

Good luck with that one !!!

looking at the team not sure who is playing CB Williams or Halme?

Quote Originally Posted by Barnsley Chop View Post
    looking at the team not sure who is playing CB Williams or Halme?
    I'd like to think Williams is left back , Halme partnering Sollbauer with Oduor playing left midfield .

If not it's bizarre .

The Great Escape is on !

Only 5 pts from safety.

Hats off to Struber's Boys.

Just need a mid week win now..........

Well done lads as we keep the season alive .

Back to back wins certainly makes a huge difference , can we make it 3 on Wednesday night ?

Goal difference has also tightened up with the two clean sheets and four goals scored .

The lads can't do anymore than win and keep a clean sheet , magnificent effort these last two weeks .

Chuffed to bits tonight .

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast