+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 31 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Match Thread vs. Hartlepool 22..02.20

Sounds absolutely appalling so far. What exactly have we been doing in training this week?! Yet another manager who has out thought Ardley.

How can he consistently make our forward players so toothless? Not a blooming clue.

When we look back on this season it will be with great frustration at too many opportunities missed to get out of this awful league. If we can't compete with Hartlepool we are going nowhere.

But you stopped going to games awhile back now , so......

Quote Originally Posted by MancMagpie View Post
    To be fair, although I'm not Doyle or Rose's biggest fan, it was the partnership that worked successfully for a while before Doyle's most recent suspension.

In an ideal world I'd have Booty and O'Brien, but obviously Regan is injured and JOB has only just got back to fitness so I can understand Ardley's midfield choice today.

Still think it will be a loss today.

Desperately missing Lacey and Slocombe.
    The number of injuries we suffered to defenders is mental. The captain getting himself sent off 3 times hasn’t helped either.

It emphasises how important it is to get our forward players involved, something Ardley rarely seems to manage.

In fairness, it is one of those fixtures that you look at and think "horrible". Hartlepool away in the wind and rain has hanging on for a draw written all over it. If we come away with anything from this game I'll be pleased. Let's not forget that the monkey hangers are well in form at the moment and looking to cement a place in the play offs themselves.

Stall says 2nd half Notts will be playing with the wind behind them. If we go in 0-0 at HT it's game on....

Quote Originally Posted by MAD_MAGPIE View Post
    It sounds like we are doing or offering nothing. Whether the conditions are affecting that I don’t know but it seems we can count ourselves lucky we have not gone behind.
    Hartlepool have the same weather to contend with. We just have a poor manager who sticks with the same players who have let us down repeatedly

Quote Originally Posted by Rez1862 View Post
    Hartlepool have the same weather to contend with.
    Only if the wind turns 180 degrees at half time... if you see what I mean

Quote Originally Posted by Rez1862 View Post
    Hartlepool have the same weather to contend with. We just have a poor manager who sticks with the same players who have let us down repeatedly
    Let's just see what happens 2nd half when we have the wind behind us. Its that strong that it could be a factor.

Bit harsh on Ardley to be fair that. He's by no means a 'poor' manager. He's not the best and I'm no nodding dog but our record of 1 loss in 15 games is not evidence of a 'poor' manager.

Quote Originally Posted by MancMagpie View Post
    Let's just see what happens 2nd half when we have the wind behind us. Its that strong that it could be a factor.

Bit harsh on Ardley to be fair that. He's by no means a 'poor' manager. He's not the best and I'm no nodding dog but our record of 1 loss in 15 games is not evidence of a 'poor' manager.
    That is evidence of the majority of our players being too good for this league and scraping results because of that. He is a poor manager. A half decent manager would have this squad challenging Barrow at the top of the league, not being played off the park by Hartlepool and struggling to beat Woking at home.

Totally and utterly dog sh1t! Couldn't cut through soft butter??? Zero creativity and will be a robbery if we we get anything here!

How we are still in is beyond me. 3 or 4 nil wouldn't be flattering to them.

Page 3 of 31 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast