+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 31 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Match Thread vs. Hartlepool 22..02.20

Match Thread vs. Hartlepool 22..02.20

Team for today...

Name:  ERYoygxWsAAQtsc.jpg
Views: 1869
Size:  86.8 KB

Quote Originally Posted by SwalePie View Post
    Team for today...

Name:  ERYoygxWsAAQtsc.jpg
Views: 1869
Size:  86.8 KB
    Bird must have had a shocker in training this week.

Doyle back in. Bird dropped, Rose still in.

Yawn.

Sad to hear Robin Chipperfield is leaving Radio Nottingham after 25 years for a new life in Australia. Today is his last programme, Colin Slater among those paying tribute (sounded well). Best wishes to Chippers.

Ok, regarding Bird I want to see him get game time and grow into a great footballer for Notts but I’m going to be controversial and suggest that maybe he’s still got some way to go. Against Woking he had an ok game but he was turned too easily a few times, particularly with a ball over the top and he is often beaten for pace. Yes he made a couple of great cross field passes but he’s not that strong in an aerial challenge when defending the box.

However, unless the new lad is a genuine upgrade on Bird he shouldn’t have been dropped and will never get the chance to develop if he doesn’t play. You have to assume the game time he has had so far has been out of necessity rather than by choice.

It was pretty clear, when the manager allowed Bird to be cup tied for another club, that Ardley wanted rid.

Quote Originally Posted by ncfcog View Post
    Ok, regarding Bird I want to see him get game time and grow into a great footballer for Notts but I’m going to be controversial and suggest that maybe he’s still got some way to go. Against Woking he had an ok game but he was turned too easily a few times, particularly with a ball over the top and he is often beaten for pace. Yes he made a couple of great cross field passes but he’s not that strong in an aerial challenge when defending the box.

However, unless the new lad is a genuine upgrade on Bird he shouldn’t have been dropped and will never get the chance to develop if he doesn’t play. You have to assume the game time he has had so far has been out of necessity rather than by choice.
    I think that is all most fans want to see. had a pretty solid game by all accounts last week yet he is the first to be dropped. He must be tired i guess due to all the games he has played. you mention necessity , unfortunately its exactly that. Same with Crawford , only if we cant name 11 players will he get a chance...As earlier , yawn..

OMG why not Doyle O'Brien Crawford and drop that donkey Rose FFS???? Rose not had a good game for a long time now I'm stumped??,anyone explain pls?

Quote Originally Posted by Stan Marshall View Post
    It was pretty clear, when the manager allowed Bird to be cup tied for another club, that Ardley wanted rid.
    Yet that was his reason for bringing in another CB. More reason to play Bird today then..

Quote Originally Posted by St Kitts Magpie View Post
    Bird must have had a shocker in training this week.
    He must have a shocker every time we sign a loan player since he always gets dropped. How does Rose still keeps his place? unless he has a great training session because he has done sod all on the pitch all season to get a starting place every week.

Page 1 of 31 12311 ... LastLast