+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Elliot Simoes signs new contract

Elliot Simoes signs new contract

We are delighted to announce that Elliot Simoes has signed a new contract with the Club until 2023.

The Portuguese-born attacker joined the Reds in January 2019 from FC United of Manchester, having represented both Benfica and Sporting Lisbon in his youth.

Enjoying somewhat of a breakthrough season, Simoes has featured in nine Sky Bet Championship matches, his most notable away at Pride Park where he scored his first Barnsley goal against Derby County.

Gerhard Struber expressed his delight at the youngster putting pen to paper on a new deal with the Club: “Elliot has really impressed me since I arrived. He is a big talent but what is really important is his energy, desire and work ethic. I am convinced that not only will Elliot be a big player for us in the next games, but also the next years.”

The forward echoed those sentiments, saying: “It’s been a good year since I’ve been at the club, and the club has really taken care of me – all the staff, every player – as I’m one of the younger players, because it was a big step up from where I came from. I had to get used to the environment and the football; it’s been really helpful and it just shows that they’ve got a lot of faith in me and believe I’ll do well.”

You can read an exclusive interview with Elliot in this weekend's edition of BE RED. Pick up your copy to be in with a chance of winning his signed 2023 shirt.

Everyone Oakwell would like to congratulate Elliot on his contract extension and wish him well during the remainder of his time at Barnsley FC.

Good news.

Ignoring gerhards statement, is he any good?

He will need to be good in League One because he’s one of the replacements for Woodrow and Chaplin when sold in the summer!

Really good news - Elliot is showing real promise