+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: 2 wins since late D ecember

2 wins since late D ecember

Beat Crystal palace 21 December
    Best Chelsea 18 january

Most of us could see this coming...the numpties stupid Bruce v Rafa last season argument is soon to be destroyed too...we had 3 less points last season but were about to go on a brilliant run, winning games and playing attractive football...

Quote Originally Posted by usedtobeshearer View Post
    Most of us could see this coming...the numpties stupid Bruce v Rafa last season argument is soon to be destroyed too...we had 3 less points last season but were about to go on a brilliant run, winning games and playing attractive football...
    There is 38 games in a season.

A bunch of fluke wins don't make a manager good. You hear from time to time 'I'd rather be a lucky manager than a good manager.' Well old 'Bruceless' is all out of bonuses.

This season has been completely miserable. Under Pardew even Steven Clown I think I never turn a match off. This season I have watched maybe 3 matches in full. Not bothering with 1/2 and turning the rest of the off even if we were ahead, drawing or losing. Zero interested in the poor quality of football and zero interest in the style.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1SliVMQ11Kk - Prefer to watch this Sunday league channel on Youtube - crap, the know it and it's humorous. I recon this lot would defo give Bruceless's Newcastle team a proper game.

Contrast that with last 2 seasons

Under Rafa I was fascinated by how he would set the team up tactically to stop the opposition playing and then slowly tweak the tactics over 90 mins to add more and more pressure, looking for a way to win in the closing 15 mins.

Rafa is a master tactician and is was a joy to watch. His entire ethos from the super levels of fitness allowed the players to work to their potential through out each 90 mins, building from a slow start to the season to full power with 1/3 of the season to canter to the finish.

Anyone who disregards Rafa in any way knows zero about football and their opinion is irrelevant. The fact his team had minimal injuries and finished the season with stats which, had he been given the players he wanted would have seen us back in Europe.

The current manager is the antithesis of this Philosophy.

What really sealed my respect for Rafa was when UEFA held an 'Elite managers meeting' - All the usual names were there; Rafa included.

Given the right tools and financial backing Mr Benitez will win the CL and more league titles again in his career.

How many times has our current manage been invited to clean Pep's, Jose's, Jurgan's boots let alone discuss the elite standards and practices of the game??

It's self-evident - anyone who says different has a through for of Ashley dick and should fu(k right off with their clueless opinions.

No one here or in any sphere of above pond-life intelligence needs nor wants it.
    Last edited by Ragatino; 23-02-2020 at 08:04 PM.

Great post.

Sadly true and very depressing.

Yes - a very good post. Can’t disagree with any of it.
    Our club is in a coma and not worth bothering with til it wakes up. It’s come to the point where it’s impossible not to be annoyed with those that continue to go to St James’. Sure people saying that each supporter can do as he/she pleases are trying to keep the peace but it’s getting harder and harder to understand people who continue to support the way the club’s being run by going to the matches.

Club is dead and the 52000 are helping put the final nails in the clubs coffin. I am finished with it now until he is gone. The excuse attendees give of "a boycott wont work " is a feeble one. It will work, he wouldn't of tried to lick their arses by giving them 10000 freebies for friends,family or even enemies with the shìte they watch if he wasnt worried they might join those already staying away.
    His advertising tat against a backdrop of empty seats will put his company in the shìt light it deserves to be in.

Quote Originally Posted by Geordie1974 View Post
    Club is dead and the 52000 are helping put the final nails in the clubs coffin. I am finished with it now until he is gone. The excuse attendees give of "a boycott wont work " is a feeble one. It will work, he wouldn't of tried to lick their arses by giving them 10000 freebies for friends,family or even enemies with the shìte they watch if he wasnt worried they might join those already staying away.
    His advertising tat against a backdrop of empty seats will put his company in the shìt light it deserves to be in.
    Whatever division we end up in next season you will see a big drop in attendances. He might have to give 20k tickets away to fill the ground

How many of the 10k free ticket holders are going to buy a season ticket after watching that shyte

I would say NONE

And how many who've paid full price for years are going to finally say enough is enough now that he has totally devalued their commitment.

A couple of lads I know, who I have argued with for years over Ashley have decided to cancel. I am talking lads with massive amounts of loyalty points and many years of support as well.
    Sad to see but must be done. They are still going on the drink on matchdays though.

Quote Originally Posted by toonfalifekevbrown View Post
    Beat Crystal palace 21 December
    Best Chelsea 18 january
    Come on Brucey, show us all what you are made of and notch up a third and fourth win before seasons end, that with a couple or three draws might keep just us up and you'll still be a hero in stupid Ashley's eyes,

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)