+ Visit Blackburn Rovers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Swansea(home)predictions

Robin, I think we definitely need the two holding players (Travis and Johnson) for this weekend's game too.
    With Lenihan out, we can't be gung-ho.
    I think the most likely line-up is:
    Walton
    Bennett Nyambe Tosin Bell
    Travis Johnson Downing
    Armstrong Gallagher...and A.N. Other!
    Who would you go for in terms of that 11th spot?
    I'm quite cautious, so I would probably opt for another midfielder. Mowbray tends to be braver and is likely to include Rothwell, but I feel that is risky. I assume Brereton will be a second-half sub.
    If it was me, I would probably plump for Rankin-Costello on the right flank in a 4-4-2, but I know TM is not too keen on that formation.
    Your three-at-the-back suggestion seems to have been abandoned for the moment. Not sure why. Of course, without Lenihan and Williams, it's not really feasible this week, anyway.
    Champs? Saxo?
    Any thoughts?
    (Champs - I know you think I'm a bit cowardly - and you're right! - but I really hesitate at the thought of starting with three outright forwards, away at Derby).

Travis limped off against Swansea.. hope he's ok for Derby..

Quote Originally Posted by Saxo1man41 View Post
    Travis limped off against Swansea.. hope he's ok for Derby..
    They said at the time it was only a precaution, but we've heard that before and then seen a player miss three weeks!

Again, the Saturday results have more or less been favourable.
    I've received the usual email "novel" from my cousin, the Bristol City supporter.
    He is not normally impartial - to say the least! - but he says the story on paper (a late Fulham equaliser) gives a false impression.
    He reckons Fulham looked far and away the best team to visit Ashton Gate this season, and he said Tom Cairney was brilliant.
    It's weird, that. When Fulham got promoted before, he looked the outstanding player in the Championship, but even the Fulham fans admitted he struggled in the PL.
    Anyway, this is extra incentive for tomorrow. A win would put us sixth. It's just annoying that the opportunity coincides with the absence of Lenihan!

Quote Originally Posted by AucklandRover View Post
    Robin, I think we definitely need the two holding players (Travis and Johnson) for this weekend's game too.
    With Lenihan out, we can't be gung-ho.
    I think the most likely line-up is:
    Walton
    Bennett Nyambe Tosin Bell
    Travis Johnson Downing
    Armstrong Gallagher...and A.N. Other!
    Who would you go for in terms of that 11th spot?
    I'm quite cautious, so I would probably opt for another midfielder. Mowbray tends to be braver and is likely to include Rothwell, but I feel that is risky. I assume Brereton will be a second-half sub.
    If it was me, I would probably plump for Rankin-Costello on the right flank in a 4-4-2, but I know TM is not too keen on that formation.
    Your three-at-the-back suggestion seems to have been abandoned for the moment. Not sure why. Of course, without Lenihan and Williams, it's not really feasible this week, anyway.
    Champs? Saxo?
    Any thoughts?
    (Champs - I know you think I'm a bit cowardly - and you're right! - but I really hesitate at the thought of starting with three outright forwards, away at Derby).
    I think as long as we dont lose this, and go 6 games unbeaten we are still very much in this. A win would be fantastic and actually put us in the play off places in GD.
    I agree with you, caution (certainly for an hour) and go with 4-4-2 and play Rothwell left. JRC right. Or Buckley may get a game? And bring Brereton on to see if we can get a winner or see where we are around 60 mins? We aren't the kind of side to just go get a point, however that's what we may get.

I have no clear idea how this game will go.
    I still fear that Lenihan's absence might prove fatal, but I've been looking at a Derby forum, and the fans there don't seem to have much faith in their centre-backs or the keeper. In fact, the choice of keeper seems to be up in the air.
    Interestingly, most of the posters would not select Marriott.
    They seem to think Lawrence will not be fit, which is good news.
    One of the contributors wants the Derby owners to go after Dack, Walton, Travis and Lenihan in the summer!

That said contributor obviously doesn't understand financial fair play.
    Derby are very close to breaching like us.
    The 4 players named would cost at least 30 million.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)