+ Visit Leeds United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: Hull City - v - Leeds United ***Matchday Thread***

Should have been at least 7 nil not happy at all Bielsa out!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Very good start to my birthday weekend, Party tonight can see pump it up on a few times..

Quote Originally Posted by WTF11 View Post
    Went "darn tarn" to Yates' as the game was a 12:30 ko, and the very nice man there was kind enough to put the game on one of the 15 screens (all the others were showing the borefest that was Brighton vs Palace).

So, saw the game from ko to final whistle and how nice not to be buttock clenching for the last 10 minutes (ooooh missus!).

We were by far the better team overall, although credit to Dull, even after the third goal they kept coming at us (I think the 4th did it for them!).

Quick (hopefully) summary;

Positives.......some sublime passing between midfield and the attack (and not just to/for Bamford), and some real bite from the usual suspects (Harrison, Hernandez etc), with Ayling very good in support. Harrison and Klich particularly were immense and would love to see Harrison with us permanently, I think he is definitely PL material. All the goals were well taken (even the deflected shot from Ayling), Hernandez' was just pure instinct as to where to place the ball, delicious, and if I had been Dallas appracohing that ball at the same time as Roberts for his first goal, I'd be glad I took my foot away, cos Roberts would have torn it off at the ankle! The service from both sides of the pitch was excellent, although we still have a tendency to try and walk the ball from 18 yard box to the goal line (accepting that we did score 3 out of 4 from shots)!

Meslier had a couple of hiccups, hitting touch when a player was available, but when under pressure (couple of times) showed composure and was well placed to at least parry balls that were threatening. Other teams will be sterner tests, with better, more clinical strikers, it will be interesting to see how he copes against Fulham and the two welsh teams with Derby (hopefully) no longer relevant!

Less positive.......most of the build-up play was good, but.......we fannied around in our own third waaaaay too much, and lost possession far too often as a result. If Dull still had the likes of Bowen we would have been punished, and we WILL be punished if we do that again. This side is not the one that played Southampton off the park, even if they think they are. (And I don't think Phillips is fully fit)

All in all, a very pleasant Saturday lunchtime, long may to continue to work out like that! (Be nice if Preston could screw with Fulham!)

Cheers mate for the report slept in this morning and mi ‘eads a-hurtin’

Great result, clean sheet again ... and two fingers up to the assholes at the fa/fl

Quote Originally Posted by pete1967b View Post
    Very good start to my birthday weekend, Party tonight can see pump it up on a few times..
    Have a good one Pete, congrats ... cheers.

Quote Originally Posted by george_kaplan View Post
    Have a good one Pete, congrats ... cheers.
    Happy birthday Pete - enjoy the day!

It's funny isn't it? Most Leeds fans a few weeks ago would've wanted Bamford and Casilla to be replaced and it didn't happen. Whilst i don't think Bielsa will start with Roberts in the near future, he's shown today what he can do on the end of our great play. Meslier looked solid. We could end up soon with what we were wanting - by default. Football moves in mysterious ways!

It certainly does mate. Seems to me (looking from afar)! We have our confidence back. I know we have our scoring hiccups! ... I like the idea of getting clean sheets again

Back from my second away trip in a week [A real fan don't you know - moved over to the dark side! Might even have spotted Mrs "O" among the real, real fans waving her EU flag throughout,,,,]

Anyway, Have to say been two enjoyable trips with my Brother this week and never really doubted the outcome of either game...hmmm
    Against Borough I was impressed with the way they gave it a go, and the same applied today to an extent with Hull, and there you have it, as we come to the business end of the season playing against the relagation threatened teams has the benefit of they cannot sit back and hope for a point they need to get wins - plays into our hands.

As for todays game it would be harsh on Baumfluff to rave too much about about Sicknote Roberts when he came on to an already demoralised team,,, having said that Roberts first goal - He nicked the ball ahead of Dallas - Bamford would probably have tackled Dallas, and for his second - headed back the way it came - Bumfluff would probably have tripped over and missed the header completely or headed it fifty feet over the bar.

Have to say it is all in our own hands now - confidence has to be high after that [but Hudds have won two on the bounce now so wont be a pushover next Saturday] a scrappy 1-0 again next Saturday would set us up nicely for the two games against Cardiff and Fulham - draw both of those and we are away IMO

Have a good one, MOT

Remember Pete. Your only as old as the woman you feel.

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)